Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. Highlighting have been good but the only thing I find missing is the ability to highlight new accounts, of say less then a week old. As mod it can use this to determine a bot / troll, if a said account is new and how they are perceived in chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It is no surprise that if you watched any stream, most streamers have "Regulars" that they game with. I think there should be a badge a streamer can give to those that they play with constantly on stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Wenn man in den Stream eines Content-Creators joint steht folgende Nachricht im Chat: Willkommen im Chat!- Ich würde vorschlagen dass man diese Nachricht Customizen kann, dass dann sowas steht wie: Ich wünsche dir viel Spaß in meinem Chat! -oder sonstige Nachrichten

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. My chat filters delete a couple pretty specific terms/phrases. But even people whom I've seen before in my chat and enjoy the company of still fall prey to my filters from time to time. And it's quite disheartening when all of their contributions to the chat are completely purged because of one new message.

With instances like this, for old and new users, it would benefit not just myself, but a good chunk of other streamers from what I've seen, to have things so that ONLY those individual messages with the actual filtered content gets deleted, as opposed to a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This idea is to prevent spoilers and backsitting.

So they way mods have prevented these things until now was deleting spoilers/backsitting/etc very quickly hoping the streamer won't see it. But sometimes it happens anyways.

So my idea is this: when you activate "Spoiler mode" you can only see the messages that have been aproved as "safe" by the mods. That way, everyone is safe 100% garanteed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As the topic says,

a feature to AUTOMATICALLY restrict and monitor all accounts following your channel the same day as the accounts where made.

This would save me and most likely others a lot of work going through your follower list everyday to keep obsessed psychopaths out.

I am of course talking about the new marking feature that recently came to be where you can choose to monitor a suspicious chatter and even restrict his messages from being seen by the rest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The idea is to better counter the issue with unwanted links and at the same time provide a way for regulars to post links without getting purged by botmods such as Moobot, AnKbot, Nightbot, etc.

How it works: The streamer and their mods gets a new option ("Links in Chat" to allow them to limit how links acts in chat from the moment this option is changed onward. Possible values:
    • "Allow" - Just allows link, unregulated except for the case there's a URL in the blacklist (example: TinyURL).
    • "Moderated" - Puts messages containing links "on hold", similar to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have some Community Members for 3+ years now and sometimes I’d love to see their very first chat message just to see how it all began!
    I would be so cool if we could have a jump to top feature to see their first chat messages!
    Nostalgia, walk down memory lane. All those things. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Polls are great, but the limited time scales hinders their usefulness.

An hour to choose what people want to see at the start of a stream would be great.

Multi-day/no limit polls would be good for questions you want a wider opinion of. Some viewers are only on at the weekend etc, easy to miss their opinion, forcing us to use external tools or discord (it would be preferable for us all to keep this interaction on twitch)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Like A Pop Up In The Chat Like A Big Purple bar with what you announced Just like a prediction but an announcement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. provide at all the moderators the possibility to send a message at all the present moderators with a @modo in the chat and the personn should be indicate if the message should be visible for the "standard poeple" and the same for vip

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Translator = Traductor.
    I don't know if anyone will read this but well, it would be interesting to see that as in the PC version of twitch it lets you reply to a comment and thus create threads, put a translator playing on a message that you don't understand (plus there are subtitles for the live) Since sometimes people arrive who do not speak the language and we can barely communicate through emotes or a couple of phrases to express ourselves, then language borders would not be such a barrier when it comes to enjoying new and diverse content.
    With…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One annoying thing on a stream is when the streamer (or even the chat users) answer the same questions over and over.
    A cool feature that could be added is a new command called Question.
    When the message begins with a "/?", a bot could try to answer to the question ask depending on keywords that is it.
    The streamer would just have to think about common questions that people ask, finding keywords of the questions, and then mapping it to an answer.
    On the chat, a bot would show the possible answers that could fit. Then and only then,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. TLDR; Twitch members would really benefit from users having an option to add phonetic spelling to their profile.

Whenever someone comes into chat, I like to ask how their name is pronounced. This often means that new followers’ first message is how their name is pronounced, or lurking users may be pulled out of their lurk to explain how it is pronounced. For some, requests like this may even be microaggressive.

A solution to this would be an opt-in feature for phonetic spelling, where the phonetic spelling of the username is available on their page and when hovering over their…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's very important to implement filters, because i need, for example, to view firt message from specific user, or view messages per month, by keyword, and so on. Implement many filters please. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please allow streamers to place specific user in chat in Emote Only Mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The current limit for a /timeout is set to 2 weeks, it would be nice if this could be increased to a 3 week or month limit, this allows you to truly filter out some people while still easily giving them a chance to re-appear but not needing to straight up ban and adding a mod-comment to the userprofile. Not to mention bans tend to be forgotten if the user doesn't send in an unban-request.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Specific user slow mode, Instead of turning on slow mode for the entire chat i would like to turn it on for individual users, i think this would make moderating specific users easier and more discrete without disrupting the flow of the entire chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The way restricting users are as they are informs the restricted user they're being restricted. If the idea is to prevent them from making another account to get around it it's probably best not to immediately tell them that they're being restricted in the first place. It would be so much handier to have someone's messages be privately seen only by the moderators before they can deduce whether someone is a repeat offender or not and lift said restriction when they come to a conclusion. Sort of like a shadow mute feature of sorts. I bring this up as someone…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When a mod deletes a message because of a rules violation of the steam a link to those rules should be in the deleted message. This could help the mods in a few ways. They would not have to spam messages in the chat about not using caps or spamming with a message that has words all in caps. they could just delete the message and it have a link in the deleted message so the user is not left to say, "WTF, why was my message deleted". Then they have to be told to read the rules, it is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?