Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

279 results found

1. In stream option it would be a list element with options to add new items to this list.

List name : Slow Chat Based On Viewers [+]

Would allow the option for larger streams to increase the duration of slow chat based on a threshold of viewers. The more people that join the longer the slow chat duration. This would assist with automatic chat control, and allow streamers the peace of mind that when they stream later and viewer count goes down that the restrictions placed on chat would automatically get lifted. Option to add threshold would also be ideal.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Chat replay is certainly better now than at launch, but there has to be a way to ignore users. Clicking a name and pressing the ignore button does nothing (it doesn't even add them to your global ignore list).
    Also needs an option menu and popout capability, but those can wait.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This could be a customizeable badge that only shows up locally (other users cant see it). There are a few ways this can be useful such as:

1. Being able to mark friends so you can see if they are chatting in the same room as you.

2. Tagging yourself so your own messages can be seen easier in screenshots.

3. Tagging the person you are chatting with in a busy channel so you can easily see their messages before they get buried under lines of spam. (Ablility to make it temporary maybe)

If you need to you can have it saved as…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. You often see people typing ^ to show their support for a message. Why not make this a real feature. You could upvote a message and make it stay visible for longer or something like that. Quality messages wouldn't get lost so quickly (I am thinking of very rapid chats here especially). I guess it should be a special mode, since for slower chat it would not make sense to alter the order of the messages, since some messages are answers to questions etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As most of you may know, the chat in large twitch streams is usually an endless stream of copy pastas and capitalized spam. People who want to use the chat to, well, chat have no choice but to remain silent or be buried under the barrage. I usually chat with individual friends about matches being streamed live and just now got the idea of having multiple "breakout" chat rooms that will each house a fraction of the viewers. Of course, this should be optional since no one should be denied the traditional twitch chat experience but I think it could…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello, I believe a better suggestion would be for viewers to be able to see the twitch chat while watching vods.

I belive what makes twitch, twitch, and not something like youtube, is be able to see and participate in chat.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Since this hasn't been posted in almost a year (see https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/297558-general/suggestions/8362308-add-a-follow-and-unfollow-command) Twitch needs to implement a /follow user command so if someone gets a shout out in chat you can just do /follow user instead of clicking on their name and doing everything with the mouse when we're already at a keyboard chatting.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make a @everyone mention so it highlights a message to everyone in the channel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think It would be awesome to have transparent chat. Theater mode is cool, but it would be even better to have transparent chat that user can place over fullscreen video and customize its size (like some streamers do using OBS)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In rooms with a lot of viewers things can be very crowded, making it difficult for the broadcaster to read and respond to chat.

One method for dealing with this is to allow channel moderators to tag interesting chat messages so that the broadcaster can see them easier. These messages could be highlighted to the broadcaster, made persistent like a "sticky", or even a filter mode so only tagged messages will show.

This offloads the work of finding significant messages within chat to the moderators instead of the broadcaster who's already preoccupied with the game.

This relies on the broadcaster…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think you could follow the chat easier if it was not immediately pushed one line up, instead it should be pushed in from bottom with a small animation.

the speed of the animation could be calculated by an algorithm involving messages/minute(second) the more messages the faster the animation.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. You are currently capable of reviewing those deleted messages but most people are not interested in that and at least in my small audience i heard that they would love to have an option removing those "message deleted" messages entirely.
    Make it default perhaps?
    Mods and people that actually care about that (for honesty ... what reason...?) can turn it on in the settings.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello, sometimes I tend to chat with people therefore I completely miss out on what's actually happening with the game that the person is playing. On the other hand - sometimes I tend to watch broadcaster(s) in full screen and therefore if someone wanted to talk to me or just say something quickly - I would never know because I wouldn't be paying attention to chat. I can see that you guys are trying to keep things nice and simple here on Twitch and I appreciate it, you've already implemented "Whisper" feature - it's okay I guess, but what we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Followers-only mode is discouraging finding new streams. Especially when streams have ONE HOUR followers only mode. The mode is misused to gain followers instead of preventing spam. Why do I have to follow every channel I want to chat in?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For anyone who isn't using the twitch website to stream e.g. console users or even allow mods to do it for you. This would be a much appreciated implementation after Communities were taken away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Here's an idea on how to moderate an overly active chat full of spam, streamer bashing, and overall bullying without having to rely heavily on a streams moderators. Have a series of settings for chat division based on the viewers sub tier or lack there of. For example: In a stream that has over 100,000 subscribers, simply puting it into sub only mode does nothing, instead have an option that puts it into sub "tier 2" mode which now grants subscribers of "tier 3 " and "tier 2" privacy to their own chat room and have the rest of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Since twitch has grown in size, many people have realized that streamers can no longer engage with their community the way they used to. Even with subscriber-only mode turned on, due to the massive increase in twitch prime subs, most long time streamers' chats are still filled with spam. You should give streamers a mode that limits the amount of viewers that can talk in chat, giving priority to those who have been subbed the longest(including or not including prime subs), and then those who has been following the longest. This gives people who have been watching a streamer for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Right now when you turn chat on or off, that setting is applied to every channel. However, most users wind up wanting chat turned on for some channels and off for others, and those preferences are fairly consistent. So keeping an on/off state per channel would avoid having to manually switch chat on or off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?