Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

292 results found

1. if you are in chat, and you want to contact a mod regarding certain question/need help regaarding something, then by using @mods will message all the present mods the same way as you message them personally by their twitch names. This will ensure easier way for mods to notice if chat require their assistance, or for a viewer to reach a mod.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Right now people can be distinguished by badges and name color, but allowing users to have different fonts can really help differentiate and provide more of a "personality" for chatters.

Streamers should be able to ban certain fonts in their streams that they find too hard to read or otherwise don't like.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello, sometimes I tend to chat with people therefore I completely miss out on what's actually happening with the game that the person is playing. On the other hand - sometimes I tend to watch broadcaster(s) in full screen and therefore if someone wanted to talk to me or just say something quickly - I would never know because I wouldn't be paying attention to chat. I can see that you guys are trying to keep things nice and simple here on Twitch and I appreciate it, you've already implemented "Whisper" feature - it's okay I guess, but what we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a user, I would like to connect more with my favorite streamer or any other streamer I like. We could achieve this by implementing a voice donation button. This means my voice would be recorded through my phone's microphone and posted as a voice note so the streamer can hear my voice and connect more. This could generate monetary benefits. However, I understand that this could lead to abuse, harassment, or vulgarities. Therefore, artificial intelligence could be used. Just as there are AI systems that transcribe, there should be one that can establish context and identify which voice notes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, the /followed command only tells the user the date they followed and the number of years they've followed for

To line this up better with 3rd-party verients and make it more practical, This should also include the number of months and days too, for example: "2 Years, 7 Months, and 10 days " instead of just "2 Years"

Bonus points if there's a non-intrusive way to share this, preferable without the user simply just saying "I did /followed and it's x amout of time"

Though twitch's implimentation is likely to just be something like /lurk does, which is effectively…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think it would be cool to add the :pinched_fingers: and the "ok hand" emotes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Okay so I think we're all aware Twitch says no to multi chat, I think it's a highly stupid and parasitic approach to maintain a healthy followership, let's face the facts, YouTube crushes Twitch.TV hands down in every feasible way in terms of daily use and volume. Twitches pie is shrinking, whether they or anyone else wants to say it, they now have competitors.

Why on earth isolate the YouTube community from participating in a live audience or any other platform for that matter. I for one would have never found twitch had it not been for YouTube nor 90%…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The chat warning feature is useful but could use some tweaks.
    1) Show the fact that a warning was issued to a user in all moderator's chat feed (currently it only shows in the Mod Actions pane in moderator view).
    2) Multiple moderators can warn the same user. If a user is still under an unacknowledged warning, it make sense that the 2nd mod gets a "This user already has a warning they have not yet acknowledged" message or something similar. Since they can not chat until they acknowledge, it cannot be for a subsequent transgression anyway.

edit: It also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We need a better way to handle all the "Best viewers on" and "Cheap viewers at" bots. So here's my proposal:

1. Add the ability for a streamer and their mods to mark a viewer as "trusted", that way those viewers can put links in chat.
    2. A "trusted viewer" could have a channel-bound badge, similar to VIP, that could be customized like a Sub Badge.

3. If someone not marked as "trusted" sends a message with an URL, it should not show their message to others but shown to mods with a note and ask them whether to Allow, Deny, or Report…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. would it be possible to have a moderator only chat integrated into mod view ? this is so moderators and the broadcaster can talk to each other if needed to help keep the community safe ? often mods especially in my channel ban people and the other mods are unaware of why it has happened etc i just think this could be a great feature if it was added ??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A small streamer that I follow on Twitch only uses their native language, but needs help in reaching out to English speakers, since they have yet to learn English. I want a tool for international streamers from different countries, including South America and Mexico, that needs to be created in-house by Twitch, to allow their language translated into English, and for the chat to communicate in English, but can be translated into the native language for the streamers to see, without having to add a third-party tool. Also helpful, Twitch channels that were made to help reach out newcomers who…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a twitch API endpoint for setting /restrict [user]. We can use PubSub for subscribing to the events and we can check suspicious user status. But there isn't currently as far as i can tell a documented a way to set restricted mode outside of chat message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I do not want to ban the users that are hanging around in the chat, but when I first log in there are users still sitting in the chat from previous streams. Could an option be added to "kick" everyone out. Or place a system to where at the start of the stream any users who are lingering from previous stream/s is cleared out?

So they have to actively enter the new stream if that makes since.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Streamer can start Q&A session, then viewers can enter their questions for the streamer to answer, then streamer can stop Q&A session and viewers can no longer enter questions into it.
    Viewers can choose if they want to send question anonymously, streamer can choose if to allow anonymous questions or have anonymous only or with names only.
    Sort questions, delete questions, mark questions as answered, mark/pin the question being currently answered/display it on stream, upvote questions by mods/vips/subs/followers (streamer chooses what to allow), set how many questions each viewer is allowed to ask.

Youtube has this feature, can we have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Lately I noticed how bad the current way to block links is, so I would like to present this alternative:
    → If link blocking is on, instead of showing "***", show "<Link Withheld>" and provide a prompt for the moderation (similar to automod's prompts) where the link is shown alongside the domain Notoriety level and the options "block" and "allow" and a checkbox for "never ask again for this domain".
    → If Allowed, the Notoriety of the domain is lowered and "<Link Withheld>" gets replaced by the link proper.
    → If blocked, the Notoriety of the domain is raised and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. alerts that appear separate from chat for warnings on behavior and other things that go by to fast in large chat streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding an restrict command to mobile applications for more ease for mobile users
    Please make moderating easier for mobile users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Usually in the stream description you can see a plenty of commands like !rules !sabathon !youtube !gift !drops !tg !etc
    The idea is to give streamers the feature there they will register such commands with its brief description.
    And when chat user starts message with "!" symbol, a suggestions will appear.
    Similar to mods commands starting with "/".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sería idea poder tener la opción de crear listas con saltos de línea dentro del chat para algunos comandos del canal, de tipo.

• Texto 1
    • Texto 2
    • Texto 3

Hasta el momento no he encontrado nada similar a eso.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So i always try to find clips in certain live streams after they end and alot of the times they are 12H live streams so its borderline impossible at the moment to find a 15S clip. The feature I would love to see is chat search where essentially you can search through all the messages in the stream vod and its really easy even for the streamer or editor to find the moment they were looking for exactly especially if they remember a specific message from a specific user then they could type that in pn some sort of promp…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?