Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Timeout users but they can only post 1~ emote every 30~ secs or even restricted to a curated selection of ;( emotes. User042 has been grounded/muted! or something catchy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VoteYea and VoteNay don't really have the purpose of an emote, they're just yes and no which completely goes against the purpose of even using emote only mode in chats, which is usually to counter spoilers/cheating and sometimes spam, i still think it should remain an option because it's still an emote after all but i think having emotes resembling just words should be able to be removed from emote only mode to combat spoiling and such in situations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For channels with larger viewer bases and who prefer to keep their chat as unmoderated as possible I think it would be beneficial to allow for a second chat that could be toggled and could be given its own moderation rules so 1 chat is for the usual spam and the other could have a long slow mode, no paragraphs, etc. This would allow a streamer with a fast chat to still interact with his viewers through chat in an easier way while also allowing the normal vibe of twitch chat to stay

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I know many Streamers have Nightbot or other similar services connected to their Stream Chat, but most new users don't know all the possible commands they could use.

One existing solution is that users can type "!commands", but then they are just linked to an external website to see all available commands.

I propose a better solution where once the user types the "!" character, they are given suggestions with commands already existing in the Nightbot.

For example, in TeePee's channel, if you type "!", you should be given suggestions for "!sens", "!triggers", "!loadout", etc, similar to the auto-complete feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The current/default Arabic font for chat is horrific and an eyesore, please consider changing it.

anything else would look much better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I wish I could use emotes such as :) and :( instead of the robot faces, they just express my feelings far more accurately and the robots should be optional

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello,
    I would suggest to make automatical block on every channel so when written message has more than 80% same words as message written in chat it will get blocked. Sure there should be same adjustment on how long the message should be and so on but it should not be hard to do.
    It is specially annoying in Esport games where copy/paste people are just ruinning the chat.

Best regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mods shouldn't be chatting personally through out stream. Subscribers should communicate more with the streamer. Anything if the subscriber does inappropriate should be whisper. Mods shouldn't be in chat chatting. Only moderating. Subscribers should have a voice to be heard more. Interactive more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I know this was a feature previously and I'm still not sure why it was removed with an update. I feel that having multiple chat rooms per channel is extremely useful, particularly for streamers with larger bases. Multiple rooms allow subs, mods, etc. to have their own space to communicate in. This can potentially incentivize some viewers to subscribe and allow mods to communicate without having to use another app such as Discord or Slack regarding real-time issues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Moderators of a channel have access to highlighted chat messages without the cost of channel points.
    this could have big impact in chats as moderator would be able to get a message across to either the chat or the streamer with ease without it being lost in a sea of messages.
    this could also be a fetuare the streamer could disable/enable if they dont want moderators to have access to free highlighhted messages.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Broadcaster can Limit his Stream for a certain number of viewers. Usefull for Streamer who doesnt want to much Viewer.
    Usefull for Special Streams or Special Themes.
    You can also buy a ticket in pre sale for the stream to support the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would love a Twitch chat with a better performance because when I type something in Chat I have to wait sometimes up to 3 seconds until the message gets sent and I did not ever have the same problem with external chat programs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding a way to disable chat helps with people who bot others channels.
    This is a great feature to implement to help moderators/streamers control the chat in a faster and easier way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If we are in the top 3 subs of a stream, we should have a badge with the trophie to show that we are on the top.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think that streamers should have the ability to be able to make their own custom mod and vip badges, without frankerfacez.

Since not every streamer has FFZ, they should have the ability to make their own since the default sword and diamond can potentially not fit a streamers theme/color theme. A lot of streamers have those. and the current colors can not fit those

Sure, sub badges are meant for those in a way, but if a streamer wants it all to fit together, custom vip and mod badges would be a great help to those streamers

If you…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Instead of having to post hyperlinks in chat that vary in character length/size; it would be great if hyperlinks could be used as markdown text in chat similar to panels. Hovering over links could be used as well here to display to the user which website the link leads to. This would be very useful for chat bots plus broadcasters and moderators could restrict markdown to themselves and/or view full links in chat instead to minimize scam or inappropriate links to other websites.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Or at least give streamers the authority to enable or disable it. But the ENTIRE point was how it stood out with color. Plain black with italics just renders it useless.

5,093 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

589 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – thank you so much for all of your feedback around this change. We understand that this was a feature that many of you used in various situations, including the ability for Moderators to highlight or distinguish messages in Chat, and we agree that is important. We are listening to your ideas and feedback in this area – stay tuned for updates!

To provide context as to why we’ve made the decision to remove the original functionality of the /me command, we wanted to address the way this feature was being used to perpetrate abuse against members of our community. While we recognize this change is frustrating for some, the safety of our community remains our top priority.

19. Let the content creator can change the background theme of the chatbox. So, it can be more than the normal White or Black theme chatbox. What do I mean about that, I'm talking about a little bit of customization. The content creator can the background color to Red, Blue, to Twitch's iconic Purple color, or whatever they like as long it's following Twitch's TOS. The letter's color will automatically change to adapt to the background color, so the viewers can still see the chat easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi Twitch! Screen reader users should be able to read and participate actively in chat like everyone else. However, translating chat into an audio signal is really tedious at this moment, because visual elements like all badges incl. subscriber-time of sub badges, and emotes cannot be filtered out.
    Especially when a lot of hype is happening in chat, emotes can become very overbearing when read out one by one. Therefore, I'd like to request a feature with which those visual elements and emote text can be filtered out, leaving the username and chat text only for translation into an audio…

569 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?