Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be very useful to get for moderators to be able to accept/deny channel points redeems directly from chat without having to open the request queue or modview. Like a small button saying ACCEPT and DENY just below the redeem.

For moderators who work with a lot of requests every hour this would mean managing the redeems a lot faster and easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Right now if you block a user and you moderate for a channel that said user is in, you will still see their messages. I have certain users blocked for a reason and me seeing them in chats that I moderate drives me away from the streams. The streamer does not want them banned, so that is not a viable option. I understand that as a moderator your job is to keep an eye on users, but other mods can help out regarding these instances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add opportunity to hand over your VIP status to someone else in the chat, for example if you don't watch streamer anymore, or if you think that someone deserves it more than you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Delay for Video Stream, not for chat, to prevent stream sniping but chat engagement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sometimes as a mod you need to tell something quick to other mods or to the channel streamer and you have to rely on other platforms like Discord or Twitter (or whispers) which makes it slow and tedious.

It would be great to write something in chat and make it visible only for other mods and the streamer, maybe a pinned message for 30 seconds on the same area where Hype trains and other important things appear.
    The streamer could enable/disable this feature and the time to make this messages available.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please remove "Denmark" as a "bad word" from the Twitch Auto mod.
    It is silly and slightly offensive that the mere word of mentioning my country gets my message removed. Twitch is an international community and part of that is about talking about one home.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Definitely not expected behavior. Could we get the phrases you tried to type with Denmark so we can further investigate this? The more the better if possible.

7. SUMMARY
    unlike most of the other "chat highlighting" ideas/complaints this idea is for a moderator tool

it would be a button available in Moderator Mode alongside the time out and ban buttons next to each comment in the chat.

The purpose of it is to ensure that other mods and the streamer notice that particular chat.

USAGE
    for the average streamer the most common usage of this would be for one mod to warn other mods to watch a particular person in the chat. maybe that person is "testing the water" by making increasingly escalating comments, but has not "crossed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Voluntary assistance or hiring of Finnish mods to the twitch as moderators who could put the Chaters obeyed the rules of the service.
    One example many still use is the word spm which has been banned for more than half a year

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There are some channels discriminating between the audience in the tournaments you perform through live broadcasts on Twitch. People have the freedom to use "God or Jesus" on the chat screen to mean "shocked", right? Why are individuals of different faiths (for exp: members of Islam) subject to a 10-minute ban when they write the word "mashallah" in their own religion on the chat screen? The word mashallah is not a prophet's name but an internationally known as a admiration. Please a show your common sense and anti-segregation behavior on this issue as well. I would like to point out…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. give a badge or other reward to users who have written a lot on a same channel (about 10k messages for example)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a clickable timestamp in chat history so moderators can see when a specific message was sent during the stream for more context. Merged with this idea i would like to suggest that moderators or editors can see removed messages in the VOD chat so that they can take proper action when reviewing an unban request.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Chat for Moderators in the Moderator View. As a Widget like predictions, so moderators can communicate without other platforms or the chat for all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sometimes the enter key gets bumped when typing messages, which then submits a message that is incomplete according to the chatter's intent. Having the user level option to require Shift + Enter to submit a chat message would be harder to accidentally trigger this scenario.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In a busy stream the chat is completely useless. It is just a wall of emotes.
    It would be nice if the chat was mainly texts while emotes could be (optionally) stacked in the video view lower corner. So when something funny happens and people start sending emotes it would be a cool thing to have stacks at the bottom piling up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. You recently seem to have added leaderboards to mobile.

In landscape mode, they pause, blink and autocollapse onto the Extensions toolbar. Perfect.

In portrait mode (that I use 99.9% of the time as a moderator) the new Leaderboard bar is permanently displayed and consumes 1 of 9 available chat lines. It never autocollapses onto the extension bar. Nothing I can find (yet) will makes it go away or minimise. It permanently consumes 11% of my chat area for 100% of the stream duration. I don't need to see it 100% of the time. I don't need to see it at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BTTV is trash, and the entire community is cringe. I would appreciate it if Twitch allowed users to block their content, as it is not a part of the platform and 3rd party apps should not dominate chat. I would also like to point out that the BOOBA emote is extremely sexist, and only enables children to continue a mindset that has historically oppressed women as sexual objects. Finally, I would like an option to not have animated emojis in Twitch chat, because it is annoying and cringe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We can follow Twitch channels in which we don't wanna use the chat at all for more passive style (ie: big live events) and others in which the chat is a core part of our experience (ie: small streamers with a tight-knit community).

The current behavior is for the chat to remember the last status between hidden/shown, no matter what channel you are on, I'd like it to be linked to the channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Some viewers may notice prompts for key community events when chat is closed in web view and theater mode.  This feature lets users know they can participate in these events when chat is not visible.  By selecting the prompt, chat will open automatically and you can choose to participate in the event.  The prompts will not be visible on mobile or when watching in full screen.  

This feature is in limited release and we are looking to collect feedback during this time.  We look forward to hearing from you!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hey I struggle to see certain colours and I chat in people's streams alot. It would be awsome of there was a option to change people's name colour so I can see who I'm talking too as I can't find a option :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

When it comes to seeing people’s names in chat have you tried our ‘readable colors’ setting for chat? It’s located under chat settings > chat appearance > readable colors should be toggle-able. We implemented that so colors in chat would be more accessible for users.

You can find more information about chat here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/chat-basics

• Don't see your idea?