Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

95 results found

1. Channel-following bot attacks seem to be back again. It is quite upsetting when content creators are streaming wether talking with the chat or just playing while they tell viewers how they feel when all of a sudden a bunch of notifications with pretty weird names pop up.

Streamers and viewers know that it is quite difficult to control these attacks considering that they are done every day, at any time. Despite the fact that there are some tools that in one way or another allow us to remove these bots, many of us believe that it would be better to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Spam Bots continue to raid the platform. My friends and I are getting spam bots that go to websites such as Dogehype. Although their services are cheap, it is still untrusted, and I want to suggest that any form of "dot com" should be a red flag.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Recently (coinciding with the Helix Raids API being released in open beta), the rate limit on "Raid Now" has been increased to 10 per 10 minutes.

Previously this was set to 3 per 30 minutes (and was even abused by hate raiders who found a bypass for this rate limit; now, such a bypass isn't even necessary as a malicious user can do 60 raids per hour instead of just 6).

There is no normal use case I can think of that justifies this high of a rate limit, and it is ripe for abuse: trolls can create accounts…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Problem: Platforms give verification badges to automated bot accounts that are not real people and thus cannot sign mobile contracts. This leads to confusion and misleading of users and questions the authenticity of actually verified accounts.

Proposed solution: Platforms should have clear and transparent policies for awarding verification badges and ensure that only real people with a mobile contract are verified. Clear distinctions should be made between real people and automated bot accounts, e.g. by using different symbols or colours for verification badges.

Platforms should also ensure that automated bot accounts cannot be confused with verified accounts. One possibility would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hire proffessional coders to fix the botting issue. There should be a bot in everyones chat that can detect a hate raid or bot attack and stop it. Streamers shouldnt have to rely on sery_bot and commanderroot to feel safe especially when, alot of the time, unfortunaley those are not enough. Twitch itself needs to step up and do something about the serious bot problem on their website, not send their users automated messages when they try to report the problem.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There are people creating twitch chat bot account then using script or something to prevent message drop which makes their message appear the last at every message throttle even when they are not vip/mod/broadcaster. This is like a passive aggressive way of spamming messages.
    As a streamer I can't point out because I have no proof but this totally ruined my chat integrity, made the chat seems like there are always same few users wanting attention.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ten gente que enviu bot na minha live vcs pode tira e bot de viws so

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My Channel was just raided by a mass of bots that followed, Ugh! Please Require any prospective Bot owners/operators to list ALL info they gather and collect, where is being stored by a Reputable Company, and Limit the functionality of the bots in general. Require a extensive detailed description of of the Purpose of any bots, what API's they use, and a TIME limit that the bot can be on Twitch one month, 2,etc. Not acceptable would be for example..."This is a College project" sort of response. Require the bot owners to have a video live chat with a Twitch…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Okay N.H.N L.S.C Judge DrSupermanShadow ( yes i stream the law and give information on the annexation of former nations including the USA
    out FROM TIME TO TIME) here, on twitch.... so 3 things

1: I hate having follower-only and verified accounts ON ( it turns people away right quickly.)

(which btw the way you have it set up is highly illegal, you have to by law accept google voice/ prepaid because both require a real identity BE attached, BUT HAVE STRICTER PRIVACY LAWS ATTACHED to who can see it)

( and since i want my autism to emote communication…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This Is A Russian Bot, Link In Stream Description send you to a website and automatically downloads Virus onto your Computer. Pleas Look in to that as this is a knowen issue and im reporting these bots for days now. Dont give them a plattform to spread theyer cyberweapons!! Thank You !!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My suggestion: add a follower bot etc to our channel. have a quick action button in the publisher panel where, when fired, publishers can submit reports with a single click. Press this button from quick actions when the broadcaster is exposed to fake follower bots. With a single click, the twitch team will be notified. Twitch should delete those bots as soon as possible. No one should have any trouble with this. Because most people don't know what to do about it! I think it would be a very practical and beautiful solution.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Usual Spam Bots, the last in time "Bigfollow"

Use anti-bot system with algorythms to detect these kind of bot, who the the same sentence with variations, characters variations, space variations, etc...

Twitch detection should learn and create auto-detection for them :
    a user enter a channel, post one message and leave, enter another channel, post the same message (or same message with variation) and leave..

the last spam bot is easy to detect, because they use the same keyword in their sentence variations : Bigfollow

Twitch please use an auto-detection, and ban them.
    And allow users to the new words…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hola, hace poco recibi un ataque de bots y eso ha impedido mi crecimiento en twitch, por favor podrian revisar eso :c, me da miedo que meq uiten la cuenta y todo lo que he hecho

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Merhaba sanırsam hesabıma bot gönderilmiş izleme botu tam olarak anlayamadım bununla ilgili bir bildirimde bulunmak istedim silebiliyormusunuz ve beni olumsuz etkilermi bu durum

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Biri son yayınımı sahte takipçi botu ile sabote etti. Bu durumdan çok rahatsız oldum ve yayını kapatmak zorunda kaldım en son 475 civarı takipçim vardı şimdi 579, bu sahte botların kaldırılmasını talep ediyorum.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi, I've recently witness a channel being targeted 10 times in October by follow bots and already got 2K followers in 1 stream in November. That channel is using Serybot to counter and bans accounts instantly but some accounts still find a way to act as real followers. Also they started fake raiding 1 viewer for at least a minute. Wouldn't it be easier if Twitch had a universal bot on every channel that can track what Serybot is doing but with much more efficiency ? or at least a toggle on/off when an attack like that is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was follow botted and had nothing to do with it. I did not know who did it. It happen 7:22 into my stream and 10:23pm Uk time thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Note: this idea includes links to where security vulnerabilities were found because having that knowledge is better for tackling the issue heads on.

I am a mod for AshuriiYuki who got hit with a hate raid and bot follow spam pretty early in her stream on April 19th, 2022. Between AshuriiYuki and her mods, we were able to handle the raid without much incident, though AshuriiYuki is upset over the incident.

As a postmortem: the raid was most likely initiated by nottoggl3d who joined stream and said "wow you're bad". Screen shot of their message included. Immediately thereafter there were…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Me han hecho un ataque de bots, no estoy seguro como reportarlo, intentare sacarlo lo mas pronto posible, pero no sabia como reportarlo para evitar el ban

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Imagine a world where twitch publicly acknowledged they have a bot problem. So far for the last 2 weeks I have been following this one account thats been changing their name every day while streaming fake video to fake viewers. They are allowed to stream uninterrupted for upwards of 24 hours before changing the name and doing it again. It has been clear to pretty much every person who stumbles accross this account that its fake and using botting to further push the scam. They provide a url code with promise of $50 sign up for free and a chance…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?