Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

191 results found

1. I've had an idea for a long while which could make the channel points better. For example I think their should be unlimited channel point slots and alongside with that it would be very good if you could organize certain channel points into a folder. For example say if I had third-party channel points which if you could purchase it with your points it makes a sound effect, so for that it would be placed into a folder called "Sound Effects" alongside with other sound effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So from what I know and understand of the inner workings of channel point redeems, they possess an App Ownership ID of sorts to ensure only the app that created it via the API can edit it. While that is a good call from a security standpoint, the complete lack of an ability to change it is an inconvenience in usability.

Imagine you are switching from one third-party bot tool to another, or maybe you just start out using one to begin with - and now you need that new tool to have access to all your dozens of redeems,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can we get group sets of Point Redeems? For instance, I have game related Redeems while streaming variety games, but I'd like to use a different set of Redeems for Music streams that don't interrupt the music playing. Currently, the Channel Point Redeems are one long list and streamers have to turn on/off individual Redeems one at a time. Can we have it where a group of Point Redeems can be turned off or on? It would be similar to the UX/UI of the newly updated Twitch Alerts. Visuals for what I'm talking about linked in my Tweet below. Thanks!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It is not that big of a change but it still bugs me. This will more likely be a quality of life kind of change.i always saw channel points in K(like 15K points) but after I have changed my mobile, could be cuz I am Indian and we use thousands to count but it changed to T(15T). I just liked the good ol K and I did not find any way to revert it or change it. Would be nice if you have a standard of representation,or if that is not possible, give us a feature to change how to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I don't want the channel points themselves.
    So I wish there was a feature to disable channel points from increasing.
    I also wish there was a feature to zero channel points.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I see too many channels with duplicated rewards.

Examples:
    -sound alert: scream, sound alert: knock knock, ...
    -make me wear a lutin hat, make me wear a pirate hat, ...

Sometimes the streamer has the idea to give all the possible choices in the description of one rewards, but it makes big descriptions, and it is not always possible when they are handled by an app. Moreover the viewer may forget to write what choice he wants.

My idea is to be able to propose several options for each rewards, and when a viewer want to buy it he would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be awesome if I can simply type in my fav streamer chat (/pointgive user quantity ) and give my points to someone after the streamer or mods aprove it on the request queue or something like that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can predictions % have the option to be based on the amount of people who voted for an option instead of just being based on the channel points predicted??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. See When People Redeem Funny Redeems Like Horror Sounds

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some of us like to watch our favorite streamers on the big TV so being able to earn channel points while watching on our console app and that would also benefit the people who want to watch that don't have a PC and also don't want to watch on their mobile device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since streamers can't give channel points directly to their community, I think they should be able to contribute to their Community Challenges themselves.

That way, a streamer could reward a viewer (for instance after completing a minigame, like answering a trivia question) by donating points to the Community Challenge of their choosing. Since streamers have infinite channel points, this also allows them to complete a challenge early without refunding the points.

This should obviously be available only for the challenges that the streamer creates, not the ones provided by Twitch like the "Boost this stream" challenge.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think an option to add bits/cheers into the channel points redeemables would be a welcomed addition. It would help the support Twitch and Streamers. There are bots that already use channel points redeemables in conjunction with an overlay system, such as MixItUpApp, which allows overlays (images, videos, text, etc) to be displayed on the stream using a local browser source. Mixer had a similar setup when you spent their version of bits (embers), but their overlay was in-house and had videos that played showering embers, shark eating embers as it went by, trains going by with embers dropping etc.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It will be a manual action by the streamer and not automatic so as to counteract channel point farming, and can only be done by the streamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you predict with a custom number of channel points, you have to type a number in the field and press the "vote" button. Would be great if you could submit your prediction by pressing the Return or Enter key.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be more useful if the channel point redemption could be limited to "moderators" and "VIP" and "subscribers".

チャンネルポイント交換を「モデレーター」「VIP」「サブスクライバー」に限定できればもっと便利だと思います。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a system where point redemptions scale as they are redeemed. For example, some streamers have a Push-up redemption for say 1000 points. The next tier or redemption of that point redeem would cost a set markup that the streamer sets. If say the streamer marks it up by 50% the next redemption would cost 1500 points instead of 1000. I think this idea would curb trolls, make redemptions more meaningful and help streamers like myself come up with unique ideas.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Our most common support request is about broken Channel Points.

The problem happens when custom Channel Point names are changed.

This is annoying because now streamers can't change the name to their local language or other personal preferences.

If CP's receive a unique id, our Twitch extensions can communicate with that and this would provide streamers with more customisation options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There are a few great cooldown options for Channel Points redemptions, however I think it'd be fantastic if we could possibly have an option for an "Only available after stream has been online for X minutes/hours" as a possible cooldown option too.

As an example I have a limited redemption to give my Doggo a treat, but if this gets redeemed right at the very VERY start of the stream, people that don't arrive at the very start miss out - and if I say 'thanks for the redemption, I'll do that later' it kinda feels rude to the redeemer,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Channel Point icons and reward icons currently make you upload 3 different versions of the same icon, like we used to have to do with emotes. Now we are able to upload a single image and have it auto-scaled to the proper size. Since this is clearly possible to implement, I don't understand why we still have to upload our channel point icons and reward icons 3 times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?