Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

191 results found

1. The Smart Costs function that is available for standard rewards should also be available for custom rewards.

Ideally, this should also be extended to include other things such as the length of the text when "Viewer must enter text" is active.

Would be super practical if you combined this with tts or generally play sounds and these are spammed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would be cool for the bonus points to add up automatically. Simply make it so that Channel Points add up automatically so that we don't have to constantly click the small button on mobile or on web page. For example: In the Music Community, they stream for hours on end and sometimes you just want to lurk and listen to the music and it would be nice for the points to add up too. Thanks! Cheers everyone!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm trying to get in shape. I lost weight long ago. I want to make a video game stream. I wanted to do exercises when people use points. I think this can help many streamers get started. We learn how to code simple things. Custom icons, etc. It would be a good thing. It doesn't make money. Maybe it should be for all streamers? Many streamers feel that the interface is empty. You can't really do anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to have a dropdown menu included in channel points redemptions where the streamer enables it. I have a CP redemption to randomize the color of my overlay. It would be cool if the viewer could instead select a color from a dropdown menu. I could then configure things on my end to have it automatically changed to the color they selected, rather than just have it randomized. This is just one example of how dropdown menus might improve channel points call-ins (there may be a better way to do this than dropdown menus, but the ability…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. MAKE THE DANG THING BIGGER! Better yet, make this feature a window instead of a popup that's so small that only 3 icons of the 20+ redeems people have on streams. It's impossible to look thru, especially with terrible eye sight on massive displays.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow us to select channel point redeems and save them under a profile/page that we can switch to.

ASMR stream? ASMR only redeems.

Silly Just Chat? Have silly redeems profile that clearly wouldn't have a place in ASMR.

It would be a lot more convenient than having to toggle redeems on and off prior to stream depending on content of the day.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please Make this feature available for PS5

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Channel Point Redemptions should offer a bit payment alternative that the streamer can toggle to allow for a channel redemption to be exclusively bits or channel points or both. For Example: If a viewer doesn't have enough channel points to trigger redemption we should have the option to give the viewer the ability to trigger that redemption with a bit value set by the streamer instead. Currently I am using a third party software that can trigger alerts and media on my OBS Studio with channel point redemptions. The benefit of adding the ability to charge bits for redemptions would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I believe it would be beneficial to have the following configuration options:

• Redeemable Times: It is not possible to set a value less than 1 for this item. Infinite can be set.

• Management Unit: Redemption frequency and required point management can be set on a user or channel basis.
      In the case of user-based management, redemption frequency and required points are managed per user. In this case, the initial value for the first redemption by any user will be set to the configured initial value.
      In the case of channel-based management, redemption frequency and required points are common to all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Being able to set a category for a Channel Point redeem to be active. Helpful for those who are forgetful & leave redeems for games active when they can't be applied to a different stream.

For example, if I play The Sims and want to have a redeem to allow viewers to add their character in game, I can set the redeem to activate when the game category matches, but hide when I'm streaming a different game/category.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've had an idea for a long while which could make the channel points better. For example I think their should be unlimited channel point slots and alongside with that it would be very good if you could organize certain channel points into a folder. For example say if I had third-party channel points which if you could purchase it with your points it makes a sound effect, so for that it would be placed into a folder called "Sound Effects" alongside with other sound effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make it so different channel point redemptions can share the same cooldown.

For example, let's say I have 3 channel point redemptions to unleash varying types of **** in my co-op game. I want it so that if viewers Unleash **** A, then Unleash **** A, B, and C all start a 10 minute cooldown because they are grouped.

However, today we can't. Viewers can redeem Unleash **** A, B, and C all at the same time, which becomes easily overwhelming for the co-op players. I want to be able to offer variety to the viewers, but not at…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right now "Likely" and "Possible" ban evaders flagged as Restricted can still use Channel Point redemptions instead of typing in chat, like spamming redeems to be annoying or using a TTS redeem that will speak their unfiltered messaged

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hey, my Idea is rather simple. Give the viewers the possibility to hide the "Watch Streak" notification. It takes up ALOT of space in the Channel Rewards Section.

PS: i checked the recommendation of disabling it in the Channel points section of the Dashboard, but thinking about it, that is not an option every streamer wants to take and the watch streak notification in that section is rather useless anyway.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. So from what I know and understand of the inner workings of channel point redeems, they possess an App Ownership ID of sorts to ensure only the app that created it via the API can edit it. While that is a good call from a security standpoint, the complete lack of an ability to change it is an inconvenience in usability.

Imagine you are switching from one third-party bot tool to another, or maybe you just start out using one to begin with - and now you need that new tool to have access to all your dozens of redeems,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we get group sets of Point Redeems? For instance, I have game related Redeems while streaming variety games, but I'd like to use a different set of Redeems for Music streams that don't interrupt the music playing. Currently, the Channel Point Redeems are one long list and streamers have to turn on/off individual Redeems one at a time. Can we have it where a group of Point Redeems can be turned off or on? It would be similar to the UX/UI of the newly updated Twitch Alerts. Visuals for what I'm talking about linked in my Tweet below. Thanks!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow viewers to disable watch streak notifications. The watch streak notification covers the channel point redeem options unless you share it, and its super annoying. There's no way to remove that and it makes navigating the channel point redeems more difficult than it already is.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We need to be able to receive "freezes", just like in duolingo, you can miss one day/stream and still be able to continue with your streak. It is a bit harsh having a high watch streak and miss one then you have to start over.

For example: you could give one "freeze" for every 10 streams/days you watch. And then you could perhaps be able to store up to 3 freezes, then you would be able to miss 3 days/streams consecutively without losing your streak.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This feature was nice when it first release but now all these extra popups for like a watching streak and stuff is getting in the way and some channels have several point redeems that scrolling is a chore. PLZ make this popup bigger or a separate window.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to propose the addition of a new type of redeem that I think would greatly improve the user-experience on Twitch. This new redeem type will be a dropdown that offers the viewers with a selection of pre-defined choices to pick from.

CURRENTLY
    As of now, streamers can create custom redeems: - basic standard redeem, with just a single button for confirmation - text-based redeem, that requires the viewer to input text before sending.

BENEFITS AND EXAMPLES
    The inclusion of the new dropdown-redeem would bring several advantages to both streamers and viewers:
    - Streamlining: Streamers with many sounds…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?