Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. The streamer that I mod for is busy being entertaining and streaming and keeping viewers excited, and they don't have time to go through and queue up songs for the playlist (one of the new channel point prizes we have in our channel). It would be helpful if mods had the ability to access the same interface as the streamers get, to help out.

240 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat polls are a super fun way to keep chat engaged and excited about whats happening in the community and on screen, and it would be cool to have at least a small channel point incentive for participating.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The point multipliers have recently changed so that it is fairer that if you are paying for a higher tier sub, you receive a higher multiplier. Unfortunately, as opposed to increasing the multiplier for higher-tiered, lower tiers had their multipliers drastically lowered to the point of not really being that different from a non-subscriber. Idk how it may look from the pov of Twitch Staff, but from a user, getting 12 points for passive watch time and 60 points for an active watch time bonus while a non-subscriber gets 10 and 50 points respectively just doesn't seem that fair. When…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For variety streamers, it would be wonderful to be able to put certain channel point rewards into folders that can be turned on and off with the flip of a switch.

For example, I could put all my "Fallguys" rewards into a "Fallguys" folder. Then the entire folder could be turned on. When I play a different game, I could turn the folder off.

With the current system, we have to go through a huge list of rewards turning each individual reward on and off when switching games. The end result is that many streamers just have rewards that don't…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A channel point leaderboard

I feel like this would be another fun inclination for viewers to stay in channels and to show who is most active in the communities.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. IRC could send a USERNOTICE on any rewards obtained by the viewers.

In that way we could automate some rewards without changing much to the most popular bot format : a IRC client without any Pubsub implementation.

Current IRC format allows to automate custom rewards with mandatory text input via custom-reward-id.

So we have to force text input for these rewards, and it's only an extra step forced to viewers. As this extra step is not necessary, and most Twitch user-related actions are handled by USERNOTICE events, it would fit nicely in this event.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The option to RESET channel points would be nice, game I play EFT have something like seasons (wipes), in late game i letting people to ask for throw of grenade and other more or less expensive (in game) rewards, at the beginning of season (wipe) I would get poor in few seconds, so please let me reset points they have, so they will have to earn new ones for rewards
    Can you make that option for us?

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have the option to make channel point redemtions a limitied number of uses per viewer as well as overall.

At the moment it is hard to implement new ones because if you make the cost low then older viewers will spam it for all it's worth, make the cost high and new viewers can't partake.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We have "Redemption Cooldown Time", "Limit Redemptions Per Stream" & "Limit Redemptions Per User Per Stream". Can we get "Redemption Cooldown Time Per User"

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I'm in the process of developing a game designed to use channel points (CP) as a means for viewers to interact with it. I however have encountered a couple of minor issues that would be detrimental or unintended side effects of the game due to limitations in the channel point system.

Firstly, there is no way to order CP rewards manually. Since the CP rewards are the viewers interface and resulting action, it would be much better to have them ordered by type of action rather then the cost of the action. In addition I wanted to use a "NOTES"…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. On Twitch Embed Players with video and chat (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/everything), it is currently not possible to gain Channel Points while watching.
    It is possible to spend Channel Points with an embedded player/chat, so it seems necessary to obtain them while watching as well.
    Thanks!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Greetings.

My friend runs a very low-tier channel on twitch, and I'm the horrible computer janitor saddled with coding his insane demands. One of the rewards he offers is for people to become a "king of the stream". This doesn't do anything besides play a special sound, it's just a fun thing people can spend their points on.

Of course, we all know the internet; the more meaningless something is, the more people want it. Often, this reward is sniped while my friend is still getting set up and people are filing in. This kinda ruins it for everyone else…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The channel I mod for has a channel point prize for adding a song to a warm up playlist. It would be good if we had the ability to set keys and values on the message that gets sent for the channel point redemption message. So I could set like "reward: song" and then "url: {whatever the url is}" etc.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would love a way to create categories for the channel points in the managing section. I know that I and other creators have specific redemption's for what we are streaming. Specific to the game we play, ones that will be available all the time, etc. Instead of trying to find all the ones to enable or disable would be nice if they were all together.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prior to channel points being a Twitch feature, many streamers decided to use their streaming provider to create a point system and create another source of entertainment on streams. I know that with Streamlabs points you can gamble your points which provides yet another way to entertain yourself on stream. In some streams you could actually type !gamble in chat and streamelements would then reply with a successful or failed gamble doubling or claiming the point amount you gambled, but this may not be viable because it could really clog up chat. I do wish however that there were some…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moderators have access to view the reward requests view of the twitch streams they moderate for and accept or reject the reward redemption. Can broadcaster have more control over this capability?

While it is awesome our mods have the ability to do this, some moderators may exploit the ability to approve and reject requests, while rejection means the channel points go back to the person. For custom rewards this means they can keep accumulating points and redeeming them on custom rewards and then rejecting and giving themselves the points back.

As broadcasters, we do not have the ability to see…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Simply an option to Add Channel Points to followers

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There should be a way for a streamer to GIVE channel points to specific viewers for doing things like winning a game or match, guessing a number, or any of the other kinds of things streamers already do to make their streams interactive.

There are plenty of commands that utilize the "/" character to do all sorts of things easily from the chatroom, so I was thinking something easy like:

/give-points 1000 username

Simple, and it would instantly award the specified number of points to whomever is listed as the "username".

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Instead of only a limit per stream, allow channel point rewards to be redeemed per a time frame (every 15 mins,m, 30 mins, etc.)

-Aqajj

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I will preface this suggestion that I am comparing twitches current channel point system to Streamelements since twitch feels very limiting and we could do so much more with it instead of resorting to a 3rd party to use channel points which makes it inconvenient for viewers. With that being said comments saying just use Streamelements isn't helpful, i'd love everyone's actual thoughts towards this.

Currently Twitch's channel point system feels very limiting overall especially when compared to other channel point systems aka streamelements.

Part 1: Issue with Current Twitch Channel Point Earned System

With its current setup Twitch unfortunately…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?