Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

608 results found

1. Please bring back the scrollbar on the channel points and rewards panel. Some of us aren't using mousewheels, making it impossible to scroll the window down.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. because i can't play channel points and not enabled

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to propose the addition of a new type of redeem that I think would greatly improve the user-experience on Twitch. This new redeem type will be a dropdown that offers the viewers with a selection of pre-defined choices to pick from.

CURRENTLY
    As of now, streamers can create custom redeems: - basic standard redeem, with just a single button for confirmation - text-based redeem, that requires the viewer to input text before sending.

BENEFITS AND EXAMPLES
    The inclusion of the new dropdown-redeem would bring several advantages to both streamers and viewers:
    - Streamlining: Streamers with many sounds…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi, some of my viewers haven't been able to scroll through my rewards list for about 2 or 3 weeks. They tried to clear the cache and use different browsers but it changed nothing.

Is that issue known?

Regards.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sometimes streamers click wrongly in the prediction.

Please let them undo or view history to refund viewers the points.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For the last day or so, I haven't been able to earn any channel points, even though I'm watching just 2 streams. This first began last night (Oct. 19, 2023), when I showed up to a stream, earned 450 bonus points for watching enough successive streams, earned more points over few minutes, then after a while, I noticed my total points wasn't going up. Is this a bug? In one channel I need to earn enough points every 3 months to remain a VIP. Can anybody help?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Let me disable these messages, or at least don't show when people have the player full screened.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. no puedo predecir el resultado del torneo por baneo injusto

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have had complaints from multiple chat users today that their channel points were not collecting. On further investigation myself I have concluded that Twitch have AGAIN changed their policy on how many channels views/channel points count for and have now reduced it to a maximum of TWO CHANNELS?!

This is RIDICULOUS!? It impacts viewers negatively as many channels they watch will offer giveaways/rewards/etc. for channel points which they like to collect. In addition it impacts streamers negatively as it significantly lowers their average viewership.

This is a LOSE LOSE situation for viewers and streamers alike. Please, with URGENCY, restore…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Discord has ephemeral messages for specific actions that only the person doing that action can see.

Having a similar system for users redeeming rewards would prevent the chat from spamming with the rewards where no one can now chat, but would also allow viewers to notice that rewards have been redeemed.

Additionally, these messages could also be sent back to a user when a channel point reward is marked as unfulfilled. This would allow services using the API to send a message along when they are unable to fulfill the reward.

An example of a rejection message with Crowd Control…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A few years ago, you launched the "Boost this Stream" feature. Thanks to channel points, viewers were supposedly able to boost the current stream so it could be seen in the Twitch main suggestions feed.

However, I never saw this feature appear whatever the channel size I watched the stream. It's a pity because this feature sounds great. Not only it would make the channel points very useful but it also would help the little channels to get visibility efficiently. Of course, in order to make it fair you would have to adapt the required amounts of points in terms…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It is not that big of a change but it still bugs me. This will more likely be a quality of life kind of change.i always saw channel points in K(like 15K points) but after I have changed my mobile, could be cuz I am Indian and we use thousands to count but it changed to T(15T). I just liked the good ol K and I did not find any way to revert it or change it. Would be nice if you have a standard of representation,or if that is not possible, give us a feature to change how to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great to have Channel Reward Variants that a viewer can pick from after selecting a reward. I have things like different camera filters and background images that viewers can change. Point Rewards like this require user input to communicate to the streamer (or integrated software) which choice the viewer would like. However, a typo can break integrated/automated features and abusing the user input wastes the reward and can lead to awkward situations. Setting up "selections" of variants to choose from after selecting a reward could allow for limited user input which can lead to flawless execution of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello Twitch Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm a dedicated Twitch viewer and I wanted to express my enthusiasm for the platform. I have been enjoying the interactive elements like channel points, which add a lot of fun and engagement to the viewing experience.

I wanted to suggest a feature that I believe would enhance the community aspect even further. It would be fantastic if there was a way for viewers to see an approximate count of channel points that others have. This feature could encourage healthy competition, collaboration, and engagement among viewers.

Having the ability…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

16. Implementing a reward system based on watchtime using channel points could be a great idea to incentivize viewers to spend more time on your channel so that they can get the channel point rewards a bit faster.

Let me elaborate:

Watchtime-based Reward Tiers:

Create a reward system where viewers earn channel points based on their total watchtime of the streamer. For example:

1 hour watched in total = 50 channel points
    5 hours watched it total = 250 channel points
    10 hours watched in total = 500 channel points
    25 hours watched in total = 1,500 channel points
    50 hours…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You can specify how much the viewer will receive, not a fixed amount after a certain amount of time has passed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Please clarify what you mean by "how much a viewer will receive" - what is the context? Thank you.

18. Please for the love of god, I'm sitting here refreshing the channel points trying to redeem the first reward and it just constantly says out of stock for a good 20 seconds until someone else claims it. Either fix it or fire the programmer who made it suck in the first place, PLEASE.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I encountered the following scenario: There is a redeem with text input that any user can redeem once per stream and in total can be redeemed four times with a cooldown of 30 minutes.

When me and another user tried to redeem it at the same time, neither one went through or deducted channel points. However, the system told both of us that we had reached the maximum number of redeems.

After this, a different user was still able to redeem it, as neither of ours went through to trigger the cooldown. Since our failed redeems had no effects on…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think a setting to remove channel points functionality for yourself as a viewer (either globally or, even better, on a per channel basis as well), including predictions. This would be intended as an accessibility feature for people who struggle with psychological problems such as addiction to gambling.

Admin audit: Edited title to make it easier to search/discover

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?