Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Besides the confusion with genres and themes (and things being really blanket), it would be great if people upvote or downvote genres to video games instead of how it is currently, where users can add whatever genres/tags they want with moderation, which leads to Steam/IGDB tags that don't really help for having users find similar games.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Edits & Contributions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have more options in the personalise home screen that change the categories that show, and maybe change the locations like widgets.

Bee able to see suggested games (based on ratings), see karma hunter categories (missing credits, missing screenshots), be able to make the coming soon big like the popular games right now etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search & Discover  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Awesome suggestion thank you. Revisiting the homepage is definitely planned in the future. Right now we do have filters by platforms that will impact the games reviewed and the coming soon/recently released sections.

Being able to showcase more community driven games, such as rated, reviewed or contributed is definitely one good option.

We’ll have announcements when we return to this! thanks

4. I feel like there should be a general category for certain series. Such as Zelda, Mario, Megaman, RE, Digimon all under one catergory instead of individual games(unless they are a new). IGDB already implements this under what they call "Collections."

What do you think? People who play older titles but are a part of said series' community would be more in their line of audience. It's better than having them spread out in random places like Retro or Just Chatting. So instead of having massive communities around certain games, whether they are thriving or dying, you can have a continuous…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When sorting an API request on e.g. totalratingcount descending, I'd expect the highest numbers to be at the start, and games with no ratings to be at the bottom. This is currently not the case, where games with no ratings (null) are at the start. This essentially makes the sorting function broken. Please treat null as zero in the API so that these games appear at the bottom of the response as expected.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Something fairly simple: a "clear all notifications" button on the "Your Notifications" page. I do a lot of editing at once, so it's a bit annoying to have to remove each notification one at a time when I'm bombed with "your change has been approved" messages. Maybe a similar thing for the notification bell button up top as well?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A dedicated IGDB mobile app would be great however I would settle for your website to be better mobile optimized.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!

We actually used to have apps, but our (IGDB) team is quite small we decided to terminate them as we couldn’t guarantee high quality support for them. We don’t plan to refocus on apps until we can guarantee that seal of quality again.

However we do plan on revisiting and improving our mobile site before then!

Stay tuned :)

8. The game bundle SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (https://www.igdb.com/games/sega-mega-drive-and-genesis-classics) contains a large amount of games on the webpage, but in the API only one game is returned, sonic:

'fieldsname, url, bundles; where bundles = (80185); limit 50;' https://api-v3.igdb.com/games
    [
    {
    id: 3192,
    bundles: [
    ],
    name: Sonic the Hedgehog,
    url: https://www.igdb.com/games/sonic-the-hedgehog
    }
    ]

If you pick one of the games listed on the web page as in that bundle that is missing from the API, for example Gain Ground, the web page for Gain Ground says it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The 'follow' attribute for a game is never returned from the API.
    For example, I would expect the following query to return "follows": 466 (as per the website).

fields name, follows, hypes;
    where name ~ "last of us: part";
    limit 10;

Instead, I get:

"id": 26192,
    "hypes": 325,
    "name": "The Last of Us: Part II"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, we don’t actively support Follows (and Hype) as a data point. We need to update our documentation to reflect this, apologies.

Follow is part of the private endpoint we are sunsetting.

10. Multiple selectable choices which defines what kind of distribution the game have:

– Physical media: big box, jewel case only, DVD, paper sleeve etc.
    – Digital

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display the user rating you rated for games in lists; would be easier to see which ones you have rated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Company logos change with time and many of them do drastic changes. Suggestion to be able to upload more than 1 logo as well as date input accompanying logos.
    Also have a nice logo picture timeline where each logo has a 'from' and 'to' date associated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently if you look at a series collection page, the main games, dlc and expansions are listed, but not standalone expansions.

Examples:
    https://www.igdb.com/games/nostalgia-forte is not listed on its series collection page https://www.igdb.com/collections/nostalgia

https://www.igdb.com/games/far-cry-3-blood-dragon is not listed on its series collection page https://www.igdb.com/collections/far-cry

I think it is hard to find those stand alone expansions from the perspective of trying to find all standalone games in a series and would really like to have them represented.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Search & Discover  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Something that comes up with Collections and Bundles are Age Rating Ranges, where you'll have a packages with multiple games than vary in ratings.

Ex. Jak & Daxter Collection
    ESRB: E - T

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This genre seems to me cross-categorized with many other genres. These types of games include Gradius, Raiden, 1942, Ikaruga, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an owned/collected button and list like the currently existing playing, played and want buttons but for games that the user owns but has not played yet

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. TL;DR: Some way to differentiate canonical franchise entries from noncanonical ones would be awesome.

First off, I love that IGDB accepts and maintains data about ROM hacks, fan games, and other "unofficial" titles. It really helps the platform's position and usability as a database for all games of all kinds.

That being said, when looking through the search results for a franchise like Pokemon, there are an incredible number of these unofficial games mixed into the results, many of which are built off of the existing, official games. There's nothing (as far as I can tell, anyway) in the metadata…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Edits & Contributions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On game pages we have "follow" button, would be nice to have same button for companies/publishers, to receive info about upcoming games/releases.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion, there’s some good opportunity there indeed.

We have plans (and needs) to redo how we handle companies, but we also need to rethink how Follows are handled. Right now even follows on game page are underused in terms of potential.

Definitely to be put in consideration when we revisit Companies. Thanks!

19. Hi,
    when I check my own channel on Twitch, I like to see the colouredful section name something like "Recently broadcast categories" (in Italian "Categorie trasmesse di recente), with all Game Covers from recently streamed games/categories.

Anyway, seeing I bring lot of indie (expecially less less known ones) I often find they have no Game Cover at all related to their category. And they show and ugly grey empty cover box.

But most of them actually can show a Game Cover on IGDB... or if they don't, well I often upload a cover by myself, if I can.

The fact…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Thanks for reaching out. This has been an ongoing request, and an obvious fit for IGDB and Twitch.

A separate team within Twitch has this planned. We (IGDB) do have covers as a high data priority and are indeed ready to power Twitch with those covers :)

Stay tuned for future Twitch announcements :)

20. Adding filter options to lists would be great. For example, if I want to filter a list to check only a specific genre, series or franchise, for example.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?