Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A dedicated IGDB mobile app would be great however I would settle for your website to be better mobile optimized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Heya!

We actually used to have apps, but our (IGDB) team is quite small we decided to terminate them as we couldn’t guarantee high quality support for them. We don’t plan to refocus on apps until we can guarantee that seal of quality again.

However we do plan on revisiting and improving our mobile site before then!

Stay tuned :)

2. It would help with searching for specific kinds of games and I'll make sure to help with sorting games into these categories since I've made my own sites about such games.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be great to mark games or DLCs/Expansions that are no longer available for purchase, because they have been taken down or the stores selling them have been closed.
    In the past™ games were sold on discs - even nowadays, if you can find them, you can play them. Modern games and expansions are often sold online only. If the shops are closing, the possibility to acquire these games is gone, making it impossible for game collectors to legally buy these games. It would be nice to mark games and/or expansions which are impacted by this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pretty arbitrary, but I have an issue finding another Theme that properly catagorizes titles like Wii Fit or Dance Dance Revolution

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There are alot of titles that seem to list multiple divisions as publishing arms for each region. While this can make sense for Developers like Ubisoft Montreal or Shanghai that are responsible for the creation of the game, it makes less sense for Publishers that serve as regional PR wings.

Ex. "Sega" vs Sega of Japan, Sega of America, Sega of Europe.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More websites for companies, Twitch profile, Youtube, Discord, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It appears the API result for Snack World (https://www.igdb.com/games/snack-world-the-dungeon-crawl-gold) is incomplete, as it is missing images, release date, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There is the coming soon section which can be filter by platform but there is no way that I can find to see if there are upcoming games for a specific genre. Having the feature will be a nice way to discover upcoming games of a specific genre a person might like which they are not aware of.

Easiest solution I can think of is in advanced search it would be nice if there was a field for "not released" or "coming soon" in the years section. Any game which is not cancelled and is not less than or equal…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search & Discover  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sometimes users may not log onto the site for a time, while there may be pending questions from Admins that may require feedback or clarification to get approved.

Having the ability to enable Email Notifications for new comments on pending entries could help notify users in a more convenient way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would allow users to import/export their lists from/to other services like Playnite and RAWG.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be great if I could get notified about game info changes for games I follow. Maybe you could show a message in notification section for this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I feel like there should be a general category for certain series. Such as Zelda, Mario, Megaman, RE, Digimon all under one catergory instead of individual games(unless they are a new). IGDB already implements this under what they call "Collections."

What do you think? People who play older titles but are a part of said series' community would be more in their line of audience. It's better than having them spread out in random places like Retro or Just Chatting. So instead of having massive communities around certain games, whether they are thriving or dying, you can have a continuous…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to contribute to the community by adding qualified category images from IGDB to Twitch. Particularly for the games Dead or Alive 2 and Dead or Alive 3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Edits & Contributions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. As I was in the process of adding a game to the database, I was shown a list of fields into which I could enter URLs to that game's pages on various stores (Steam, GOG, Epic, etc.) but there was no URL field for the Microsoft Store. Why? The Microsoft Store has to be one of the most popular digital game sources. When IGDB adds a field for a Microsoft Store URL, I will edit the game's entry on IGDB to add a link to that game's Microsoft Store page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Heya! Thanks for the suggestion, definitely a good one.

As a matter of fact we have plans this year to introduce stores, and possibly linking them to “Platforms”. You are correct that windows, XOne, X360 etc.. all have different stores so they would need separate implementation.

Stay tuned!

15. Do it by using both:

Content filtering (content-based filtering): a user rates games and/or adds games to their personal library or lists, and then is shown stuff that has similar metadata to the games that that user has rated highly and/or added to their library. For example, games within the same genres, games from the same developers, games released in the same year, etc.

Collaborative filtering (user-library-based filtering): a user rates games and/or adds games to their personal library, and then is shown stuff that other users who highly rated those same games and/or have those same games in their…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search & Discover  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When sorting an API request on e.g. totalratingcount descending, I'd expect the highest numbers to be at the start, and games with no ratings to be at the bottom. This is currently not the case, where games with no ratings (null) are at the start. This essentially makes the sorting function broken. Please treat null as zero in the API so that these games appear at the bottom of the response as expected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Be able to view the cover picture of a game title hovered in the search list when editing a custom list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Be able to add URL links to home pages of subsidiaries and/or departments if they are distinct.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3D view of game covers, being able to view the front, sides and back sides.
    Could be nice when having many regions and scanned images of all sides of a box art.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. This is only a minor pet-peeve and super conditional, but there are times when Titles with the same name are released in the same year. This makes it fairly difficult to differentiate titles from each other when you are adding titles into various lists in the Edit menus. (Bundled Games, Versions, etc.) Most of the time you will see a year of the release in these menus, but there are examples of different versions released in the same year.

I will sometimes add the platform to the title of a game to help this, but this isn't the cleanest look…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?