There was an error during translation

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There is the coming soon section which can be filter by platform but there is no way that I can find to see if there are upcoming games for a specific genre. Having the feature will be a nice way to discover upcoming games of a specific genre a person might like which they are not aware of.

Easiest solution I can think of is in advanced search it would be nice if there was a field for "not released" or "coming soon" in the years section. Any game which is not cancelled and is not less than or equal…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search & Discover  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Something fairly simple: a "clear all notifications" button on the "Your Notifications" page. I do a lot of editing at once, so it's a bit annoying to have to remove each notification one at a time when I'm bombed with "your change has been approved" messages. Maybe a similar thing for the notification bell button up top as well?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to view the cover picture of a game title hovered in the search list when editing a custom list.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For example, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is considered just a version of the original so I can not put that I am streaming it. This causes problems because Spiderman Remastered is made for a completely different platform which can completely change viewers interests in watching or not.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Edits & Contributions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey! Good news: yes totally. in fact we’re already at work on introducing new game types so that we can better categorise remasters, remakes, ports etc..

Stay tuned!

5. Be able to add URL links to home pages of subsidiaries and/or departments if they are distinct.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding a Full/Partial Controller Support column for titles in the database.

This would be monumental for indexing games that can be played from the couch or not.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Specifically for PC games, this website gives info on how to get games running correctly and well, with patches such as widescreen support and workarounds to DRMs. For many older games, the information on this website is essential to get the game running correctly. Thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This is only a minor pet-peeve and super conditional, but there are times when Titles with the same name are released in the same year. This makes it fairly difficult to differentiate titles from each other when you are adding titles into various lists in the Edit menus. (Bundled Games, Versions, etc.) Most of the time you will see a year of the release in these menus, but there are examples of different versions released in the same year.

I will sometimes add the platform to the title of a game to help this, but this isn't the cleanest look…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The Multiplayer Modes seem to have a theme when you look over the options available in Categorization. Almost all of them include specific special cases for some form of Co-op or shared Split-Screen, but none for LAN Competitive.

The most obvious examples I can think of would be the GBA Link cables for local LANs such as the Sonic games, or the Ad-hoc/WiFi features of the PSP, 3DS and others where these aren't Co-op modes or Split Screen, but Linked and Competitive.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be nice to add 'hardware bundles' of games to the database. With NES & SNES Classic Mini, Mega Drive Mini, Neo Geo Classic, Playstation Classic Mini, Capcom home arcade, 1Up Arcades and several other mini consoles on the market, it would be nice to integrate those as 'hardware bundles' - bundles of existing games that are bundled in one hardware release.
    it could be realised with a dedicated category like Main Game, DLC, Bundle,… or just marked as Bundle. The platform where it is released could be either specific for each release or could be one general "hardware…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Heya!
    We recently discussed adding the ‘retro classic’ mini consoles on IGDB, likely as a Version to the main consoles.

While that would help having the data for the hardware itself, currently we wouldn’t be able to have a listing of game for a particular console version. Which can prove tricky for some specific edge cases, Starfox 2 comes to mind being exclusive to SNES Mini for example.

I can confirm adding to those consoles is on our backlog as an initial step, platform Bundles though would probably be a separate task.

Thanks!

11. Currently, custom lists seem to only show up on Desktop and fail to be listed on the mobile versions.
    Is that something you can fix/add?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to send link to my Rated list, so that my friends would be able to see what games I like the most. It would be handy if it would be possible to send the link to the list, where everything is sorted from highest score to the lowest score. Currently, when I send the link, games are sorted by the date I rated them, no matter how I sort before copying the link

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Currently, there are ratings displayed in "Rated" list (https://www.igdb.com/users/<username>/lists/rated). However, they are written in too small font. Originally I wanted to suggest to display ratings, because I didn't notice them at all. The main thing someone would go to this list is to see what ratings user gave to certain games. So, it would be better if those ratings were displayed in bigger font and maybe not in grey color.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey! yes that’s a good point. The automated lists (Want/Playing/Played/Rated/Reviewed) are all very old and in need of a big revamp.
    Displaying the rating with our star rating for example would be indeed better suited than a grey number.

While Lists feature upgrade is definitely something we want to do, it’s not currently in our short term roadmap unfortunately. We’ll keep the community in the loop as soon as we tackle that!

Thanks!

14. When a title is mispelled by adding incorrect spaces, deleting those spaces does not apply to updates or trigger a "pending approval" flag.

Adding spaces appears to function correctly, just not deleting.

Ex. LittleBigPlanet 2: Collector's Edition, instead of Little Big Planet 2: Collector's Edition
    https://www.igdb.com/games/little-big-planet-2-collectors-edition

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Edits & Contributions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A rating breakdown for your own scores, it could be the same rating breakdown as seen on game pages.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reviews & Ratings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. For games and platforms there could be an icon imagem, of small size, which could be used as a visualization flair on the website and also as a data point for the API, as applications could use them to their UIs.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pretty arbitrary, but I have an issue finding another Theme that properly catagorizes titles like Wii Fit or Dance Dance Revolution

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Game revisions (like Alpha, Beta,1.0,1.1,1.2,2.0, etc) would be good for reviews, because the game can change since someone reviewed the game. Even old games have revision (Rev 1, Rev 2, like in the No-Intro notation). It is not a particularly needed data point, but some games change a lot with time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. https://www.igdb.com/games/rainy-season

Can't receive updated data for this game through the API.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Heya! We’re currently doing large changes around the consistency of data between our site and API. These out of sync issues should be resolved very soon, and we will be going back to look at individual cases such as these games afterwards if there are still edge cases.
    If you spot any more feel free to add them in the comments as it could be helpful.

Thanks a lot and apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime!

20. At times editors can realize an important bit of information was missed or forgotten after selecting Update Game. If the editor selects Edit again before their previous update has been approved. Several parts of the update appear to inconsistently display the recently entered data, while others do not. Many of these edits also will not change, even if re-edited prior to an Approval being confirmed by Admins.

Examples:
    - Franchises do not save
    - Removing Platforms from various Release Dates, Companies and Age Ratings do not save
    - Removed Companies continue to display
    - Previously added Multiplayer Modes do not…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Edits & Contributions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?