Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

349 results found

1. Have a non-custom list like want/playing/played that lists all companies you have added as favourite.
    The icon could be present in the company pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi,
    recently a super-admin had to merge two games wich actually was the same game, which just changed name and modality meantime.

In the fact I'm talking about Pagan Online (Action-RPG MMO) which became Pagan Absent Gods (Action-RPG Single Player).

While before they were registered as two different games, with two different pages, now they got merged as single page on Pagan Online's page (renaming the game), marking Pagan Absent Gods' old page as dupicate.

The consequences of the merging, anyway, are doubtful, because:

• In IGDB website: if you search both for Pagan Online or for Pagan: Absent Gods, you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search & Discover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have been a huge fan of your site and contributed with game additions. The prospect of having a fully functional and well supported IMDB for games was such a great idea. Unfortunately, since Twitch took over the platform, everything has come to a halt and It seems like Twitch only bought the site and it's userbase and never had any intend of developing the site further. Apps are no longer worked on, the site is buggy and you cannot even maintain a wishlist without any technical issues. It's a shame really to see this potential and love of every…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya! Thank you for the honest feedback, it does mean a lot and we totally understand such frustrations. I can add some context on where IGDB is at the moment, but first i can say that it is absolutely still our plan to return to the website development and just like you the team is very eager to improve on the potential it has :)

An acquisition is a complex matter from an engineering perspective, from months prior the public announcement we had set deadlines to migrate infrastructure, services, security systems etc.. to align with our new teams. That took significant time and effort, during which we had to put development of the website on hold beyond basic maintenance (unfortunately). Once done we decided to focus on growth of our core product as a database. Which is why the main product updates we made have been around our contributing users,…

4. There is already a wealth of video types one can choose from when uploading a video related to a game, but commercials for a game are not included. These commercials often give an insight into the culture of the era in which the game was released, or occasionally have some lore or culture of their own.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Good news! We discussed this internally, and thought it would indeed be a great addition!

We’ll be adding a new category for our videos labeled Commercial Trailer.

We’ll be in touch once it’s done and live! Thanks again for the suggestion :)

5. It would be great if I could get notified about game info changes for games I follow. Maybe you could show a message in notification section for this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm having an issue where preforming API searches doesn't return games that exists on the IGDB site.

For example, these two Pokemon games exist on IGDB:
    https://www.igdb.com/games/pokemon-x
    https://www.igdb.com/games/pokemon-y

But when I search via the API I get no results back.

I'm searching this endpoint:
    https://api-v3.igdb.com/games

And here's my search body:
    search "Pokémon x"; fields id,name,cover.imageid,firstrelease_date; where cover != null; limit 5;

I get an empty JSON result.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there.
    Search in the API is indeed in need of a big overhaul, this is planned and in our backlog, unfortunately it isn’t on our immediate roadmap and therefore not currently being worked on.
    Apologies in the meantime, we will keep our API community up to date as soon as work on this feature begins.

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

Could you give us more information what you mean in this case? By status do you mean adding a new one along side Alpha, Beta, Early Access, Cancelled etc..?

If so how would you define Dropped, it sounds like it would be similar to cancelled, as in the development has been in definitely put on hold.

Thanks!

8. Have more options in the personalise home screen that change the categories that show, and maybe change the locations like widgets.

Bee able to see suggested games (based on ratings), see karma hunter categories (missing credits, missing screenshots), be able to make the coming soon big like the popular games right now etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Awesome suggestion thank you. Revisiting the homepage is definitely planned in the future. Right now we do have filters by platforms that will impact the games reviewed and the coming soon/recently released sections.

Being able to showcase more community driven games, such as rated, reviewed or contributed is definitely one good option.

We’ll have announcements when we return to this! thanks

9. (Confirmed in the pipeline)
    In addition to Steam and mobile platforms, links to the web storefronts of additional platforms would be helpful.

Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/352159900849274892/722780997334335508

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!
    Update on this, we identified one possible issue which is that unlike PC stores, most console links are region specific.
    So we’re investigating how we could either generalised them or whether we’d introduce this when we tackle localization of IGDB.
    Stay tuned!

10. https://www.igdb.com/games/far-cry-6/countdown far cry 6 has not been released on google stadia, but it shows that it is. please change this immediately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! thanks for pointing it out. It seems to be due to a bug rather than a false release mind you. We’re taking a look!

As a note, if you do spot some incorrect data you are able to edit and submit an update in case :)

Thanks!

11. It seems rather common that users want to post the release dates and other info into the original releases of titles, such as Ports, Bundles, Remakes and Remasters, when these points have already been documented in the respective entries.

While you will almost certainly never fully eliminate this, I feel a large portion of it has to do with people not realizing the entries exist, and often need to scroll down to areas they may not frequent as often to notice the options exist.

I would suggest possibly moving these sections for Ports, Remakes, Bundles, etc. into the same area…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create game lists by importing what you own from platforms like steam

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great if the API returned which company worked on which platform, for example Company A worked on platforms X, Y and Company B on platform Z. This information is visible on the edit page on IGDB, but not via the API (should presumably be included in the "involved companies" endpoint).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, the basic search algorithm on IGDB seems to value popularity over anything -- even the title of the game being searched.
    When I searched for "Persona 2", it being a 2-part game, the games "Persona 2: Innocent Sin" and "Persona 2: Eternal Punishment" appear as the 16th and 19th entries down the list respectively, while "Persona 5", by dar the most popular game in the series, showed up first.
    The algorithm needs to prioritize the search input much more than it currently does, as the current system renders inputting sequel or series entry numbers (2, 5 etc.) quite useless.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add more external game sources

such as

• uplay / uplay connect
    • epic

Add more website sources

such as

• uplay / uplay connect
    16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Barry!
    Yes absolutely this is planned. While External Games and External Websites are separate they are closely related and may tackle them together.

For External Games this will be a big focus for us going forward.
    Stay tuned!

16. When sorting an API request on e.g. totalratingcount descending, I'd expect the highest numbers to be at the start, and games with no ratings to be at the bottom. This is currently not the case, where games with no ratings (null) are at the start. This essentially makes the sorting function broken. Please treat null as zero in the API so that these games appear at the bottom of the response as expected.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This one I never really considered until I came across multiple good examples, and they are a step above Tiger Electronics games.

Plug-and-Play TV Games, or Handheld TV Games were cheap, "toy-isle" games that hooked up directly to a TV to play one-off titles, coming with a cheap controller or even a light-gun.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handheld_TV_game

TMNT examples:
    http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/tmnt/tmnt13.htm

I wouldn't look to add each and every one as a Platform, but a generic "Plug-and-Play" Platform like the legacy Mobile Platform could help give these a Platform to live on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

We looked into this and thought it was a good fit for sure. We might end up tackling this at the same time as better handling of similar platforms such as Tiger electronics.

Thanks!

18. I feel like there should be a general category for certain series. Such as Zelda, Mario, Megaman, RE, Digimon all under one catergory instead of individual games(unless they are a new). IGDB already implements this under what they call "Collections."

What do you think? People who play older titles but are a part of said series' community would be more in their line of audience. It's better than having them spread out in random places like Retro or Just Chatting. So instead of having massive communities around certain games, whether they are thriving or dying, you can have a continuous…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Apparently there was previously features for adding a custom profile pic and banner which were disabled. If that's the case it would be great to bring those back, I can't see them doing any harm. More personalisation is appreciated on sites such as these. It would also be nice to display some kind of bio in the "Overview" section (there's even space in the middle perfect for it) as well as a possible list of consoles/platforms owned.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

I can confirm this is definitely in the works. When we switched to Twitch logins after the acquisition we had to terminate our own user upload feature for safety and privacy reasons. The current plan is to add the ability to sync your IGDB profile Avatar & Banners with your Twitch profile, so it would be one seamless account across both.

Adding extra to the profile itself is something we very much would like to do, some work has even already put into this. Unfortunately however this isn’t currently on our roadmap and priority list for the short term. But soon!

Thanks!

20. When sorting lists by Release Date, titles missing ones are often sorted to the front as future titles, or to identify ones that need a Release Date added. However, cancelled titles never hope to come out, and therefore never will have a date. Ability to disable this setting, or identify the time it was announced as cancelled could alleviate this problem, over a permanent TBA or TBD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?