Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

611 results found

1. On every 4th of May, Mod badges on every stream should be replaced with lightsabers for 1 day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Disabling animated emotes in the chat settings should also disable animated emotes in the chat replay on VODs, which would improve performance and accessibility for many people.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. they should make ai generated emotes. meaning people could type words and they would generate an image.

Thanks,
    Eric

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change the way emotes are named, so that they are generic.
    For example.
    StreamernameSlot1
    StreamerNameSlot2

this will make it so emotes can be changed with no need to update commands if a different emote is used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After a user changes their username, it is currently not possible for a streamer or other chatters to identify a user who may have recently changed their name or what their previous name was. This makes the interactions with both streamers and chat after changing your name difficult. Other platforms have already implemented features that can identify a user by both a new and previous handle.

The idea would be to have a temporary global badge applied to users who elect to perform a username change. The badge could be switched off on a per-channel basis (or entirely) using the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Its unreasonable that a single suspension should make you completely ineligible to have follower emotes on your channel again. There should be a time period that you cannot have them, but after that period, your channel should get those emote slots back. Especially considering how few slots there currently are for affiliate streamers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I noticed some changes with the Game Developer Badge. Now the badge is only visible if it is set as the main badge, but it seems to me that there should be an option to manually enable and disable it, because if someone, for example, sets another badge as the main one, and still wants to have a visible badge after clicking on the profile, unfortunately this is not possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. shows your an og of the platform and its more just bragging rights then anything else?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would help me as a stream to see all my followers having a followers badge. So I can see who followed me and who didn't.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right now the only way to modify an emote (flip, add glasses, black and white, etc... ) is using channel point, if T2 and T3 subs had automatic access to "modified emotes" that would be an additional incentive to sub at a higher tier. that would benefit both the creators and twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop being weed nazis Its legal in 39 outta 50 states. As a legal medical user I am very offended that I can not express myself with emotes sub badges or any way that you allow the drunks to do. Alcohol is worse then Marijuana will ever be and is definitely a drug... equal enforcement or none at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Celebrate the tireless Grind and Support of our Twitch Creators/Streamers with a Badge illustrating via Color and Number how many years they have been on the Platform.
    While a Small Token of acknowledgement and recognition, it goes miles to show any streamer is important to the platform.
    This badge; possibly part of their profile picture; or by their Channel Name; could be followed by an automatic alert that shows on stream on the exact day; a small email from Twitch Celebrating their support and usage; and possibly a special homepage shelf category celebrating anniversaries.
    Colors Could be Bronze Silver Gold…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have created emotes for my followers - many have been approved - but all of the animated emotes and two of the standard emotes have not been approved for over a month. They are appropriate and just need someone to click an approval button. I am excited to share my work. Please approve them sooner. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be cool if multiple streamers could come together and create emotes that are unlockable by subscribing to both streamers.

For example, I follow two streamers, one has skulls/undead stuff as his emotes, another has squirrel related stuff. They stream the same game, are members of the same community. So, it would be cool if they could have multi-streamer emotes, such as undead squirrels that are unlocked by subscribing to both.

I think this would have multiple benefits, such as cross-streamer community building and incentivize more subscribing site-wide.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Badge that portrays a sun / moon that changes throughout the day to match the local time of a chatter. Would promote more personal greetings to new chatters and promote engagement in smaller channels. This can also cause an increase in subscriptions and start hype trains, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow affiliates and partners to set a custom flair on each badge tier, this allows us to shape/customize the flair more for our higher paying subscribers, having more intricate designs that go along with the badge more than a generic overlay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a library for sub-badges so you don’t have to reupload every single time. Also having a drag and drop option for each period and for flairs to move badges around easier rather than having to delete and reupload.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option for emote only for non subs/followers so emote only can still have non-VIP and moderators talk. Maybe also do it so if someone has subbed for a longer amount of time, the streamer/mods can let them talk in chat still.
    For example, 2 streamers face each other and chat could report information to the other stream chats. The streamer could then threaten that "You'll be banned if you spoil anything", which then a sub has more to lose meaning they would be less likely to spoil anything. This would also still allow non-subs and followers to interact in chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please allow for pinning favorite emotes on mobile. It currently saves last used but resets often. Chatters will try to find an emote to react with while the conversation is relevant but scrolling slows things down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it could be cool, if there were some emotes that could only be used by vips. It would bring more reward to being recognised as a VIP in a channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?