Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

620 results found

1. In a perfect world, everyone would be friends and get along. However for various reasons people sometimes leave communities they have earned bit emotes in. Then the bit emotes remain forever as a constant reminder. People should have the ability to remove bit emotes from certain streamers.

410 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have an option client side so the viewer can choose to only have an animated emote animate, when the mouse is over it.

Could help with emote spam as well as those who are sensitive.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Each stream team can have 5 emotes and each one is unlocked by being a sub to a member of the team. Each new sub to a team member unlocks another emote. Collect all 5 and you unlock a 6th.

For example, if a creator joins a team that has a nice (animated?) raid emote, they can then move their raid emote out of a more prominent spot.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello, I know that the principle of the badge is of a paying nature, but for my idea, I would like to know if twitch could grant the right to create ONLY ONE personalized badge for the followers.

With each new follower, I like to launch a D20 live, and I would like to impose a badge of my creation on the follower who have had the misfortune of falling on the N ° 20 side of the dice.

This is why I would like this feature to be free so that it remains accessible to all, and this badge…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The addition of the Emote Library that is coming soon is a fantastic addition, this is great for solving the issue of disparity between partners and affiliates on emote variety, without undermining the parner program and is a fantastic compromise.

I would like to suggest the addition to the Twitch API to allow for enabling and disabling of active emotes from the Emote library via a privlaged API call from a token with sufficient privlages through oAUTH.

An example of the proposed usecase would be 4 API calls:
    -Activate Emote [Params: Emote ID, (Optional: Emote Slot)]
    -Deactivate Emote by ID…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new beta test of Follower Emotes is great - and look forward to seeing it widely implemented across the platform.

I think a great idea to help with the community aspect of emotes would be to designate ONE of those follow emotes as a 'raid emote'. Something that all followers could use when you raid a channel.

I recognize that the likely implementation would mean that one of the five follower emotes would then be usable across the platform... And that likely goes against the core concept of the follower emote test - but still worth considering!

303 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add follower emote to the list of emotes returned in the emote API

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Moderators to have different color swords (i.e. the typical green background changes to black, pink, blue, yellow, orange, purple, aqua, red etc) This can help chat distinguish one Moderator from another and can also serve as a personalized thanks for all that mods do by allowing sword color customization. This can also help the streamer identify their moderators easier to see which mod is in chat.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For example, setting it to type so that <3 becomes Mariatlove, or LUL becomes pumpka1SwabLUL etc.

This can sort of be achieved using browser plugins, or phone text replacements, but they're inconsistent, and not cross-platform.

If the user is no longer subscribed to the channel of an emote, it would default back to whatever it was before, until such a time as they re-subscribe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've noticed over my past while on twitch that there are pride emotes which is awesome. but ive noticed there is one missing, the gay one. the rainbow flag is now more used as a general lgbtq flag. there is a flag specifically for gay people which i feel should be added. here is a link to the flag https://imgur.com/a/SecDilX

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When the same is used many times, the ones on the line below overlap with the line above. That ruins the art of a lot of them, for example a "NO YOU" emote becomes a line of "NO"s because the ones in the line before overlap. Why not let the art appear in its entirety as submitted?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I don't exactly know when this was established, but the order of the squid emotes (Squid1, Squid2, Squid3, Squid4) is not visually appealing.

Attatchment provided:

https://i.imgur.com/T8mbzaH.png

The tentacle on the left is about 3x as long as the tentacle on the right and it does not make sense. I see it in chat all the time and it is irritating, and people don't use a different order most of the time because they adhere to the order given by the global emote.

Here is my suggestion: simply switch Squid2 with Squid3 so the tentacles are balanced out.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/xatW8DJ.png

The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please remove the hypecreep emote.
    I have arachnophobia and I think I speak for all of us who have it that it creates unnecessary anxiety.
    I watch twitch to relieve anxiety and relax.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, Twitch subs can utilize their sub emotes on Discord via the integration sync however that feature is not available to Bit Tier Emotes.
    Make it so users that unlock the Bit tier emotes to unlock them on discord as well.
    Many prefer to utilize and show off Sub emotes on Discord as the emotes display at 32x32p instead of the 28x28p that Twitch uses.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I know this might be a bit farfetched, but in my short time on Twitch I've noticed that emotes can become a HUGE part of a channel's branding.

If someone is just starting out but really serious about creating a solid brand, they should at least be allowed 2-3 emotes without having to reach affiliate or partner first.

Every streamer has to invest time or money into their own emotes anyway (cause Twitch staff sure ain't paying for our emotes to be designed) so why not?

Figure out a way to streamline the approval process and there you go.

Something…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If we are in the top 3 subs of a stream, we should have a badge with the trophie to show that we are on the top.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think that streamers should have the ability to be able to make their own custom mod and vip badges, without frankerfacez.

Since not every streamer has FFZ, they should have the ability to make their own since the default sword and diamond can potentially not fit a streamers theme/color theme. A lot of streamers have those. and the current colors can not fit those

Sure, sub badges are meant for those in a way, but if a streamer wants it all to fit together, custom vip and mod badges would be a great help to those streamers

If you…

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My idea is to enable moderator badges to change colors as they want it to be not just the ordinary green colored mod badge.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We need more hype train emotes. I've unlocked them all, and I only get the same ole conductor badge each time. Maybe give out special emotes for those who unlock all the hype train emotes? Or even a special badge for those who always participate in the hype train.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The streamer you are currently viewing has their emotes pinned to the top of the chat window for easy access, followed by all your other subscribed emotes under that (in some ordering that I can't figure out).

After a raid you want to show love for the channel you just raided FROM but you have to scroll through your list of emotes to find that recently raided from streamer. Please pin CURRENT streamer emotes to top of list followed by LAST VISITED channel and then whatever weird order you are using. This will make it easy to show your support…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?