Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

615 results found

1. Similar to stickers used in many other apps, it would be fun to be able to incentivize Tier 3 subs by offering a unique emote that could be oversized. Many partners do this already by using 1 emote cut into 4 slots, adding this as a special bonus would be fun and help to drive higher tier support.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I really needed Emote Analytics, thank you. It is AMAZING.

I suggest you to add a filter that allows to separate emotes based on the different Tiers, Bits and Followers.
    At the moment users who have the possibility to use Tier 3 emotes and Bits emotes are a lower percentage than the whole community, so the lower use of those emotes is due to the fact that there are less users who can use them, not that they are worse than the others, that's why my idea is to add filters, so I can understand easly which are the best…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would like to be able to send an (authorized) API request to rename one emote to another, for example swapping an "angel/halo" emote with a "devil/horns" emote, or mixing up (or unmixing) all emotes for a redemption so that anyone typing an emote gets something random. Would be a fun way to interact with chat but there is no way to do it without manually deleting/reuploading the emotes in question, or renaming them to temporary names, swapping, etc... all by hand. Not very spontaneous/fun/interactive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I really wish we could get more heads-up BEFORE new slots unlock. My emote artist is my spouse, who already has a full time job, so it takes them a while to create. Meanwhile, I look super unprofessional to my viewers having all these empty emote slots. Really hate how you just drop these things on us with almost no lead time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Morning all

I've been given access to the follower emotes which is great and now have some snazzy emotes setup for it but there are two things i feel would make this better.

The first is allowing the Streamer to use their own follower emote on anyone's channel in the same way you can with bit emote or sub emotes. for the streamer there should be no restriction.

Secondly i think there should be a Raid specific emote slot which allows both followers and subs to use when you raid someone else's channel.

I completely understand locking follower emotes to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello
    I want to offer a new feature to the Founder badge.
    When it comes to a case where you miss a few months of subscribing to a particular channel where you have a founding badge. A situation has arisen where the number of your badge months is different from the number of months you have subscribed. Will it be possible to pay retroactively for the missing months?
    For example you are a 16 month subscriber and your founding badge shows a 20 month. So that it will be possible to complete the missing months.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow people who have gifted subs and thrown bits to create their own emotes to use in any channel. It gives people more incentive to give. So the Creator AND Viewer are rewarded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hey everyone!

We have follower emotes, hype emotes, bit emotes. Why not a special emote slot for people who have been supporting you since the beginning. Give them something very special.

So 10 for Affiliates, and 25 for Partner.

And it'd be 1 emote for Affiliate and maybe 2-3 for partner?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. From Twitch Emote Guidelines:

Prohibited: "Nudity, such as depictions and imitations of nude torsos, buttocks, genitals, and anuses."

This prohibition on emotes has been applied to emotes which are technically unclothed, but feature animals, which are not generally considered nude when unclothed.

In short, please unban cat butt. There is no reason to ban cat butt emotes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Because follower emotes can only be used in the channel which they are unlocked, it would make sense to let follower emotes be shaped like individual letters, since those emotes aren't able to be used elsewhere to circumvent chat rules.

Personally, I have wanted to have Tetris-related emotes for some time, but because the pieces are letter-shaped (LJSZTOI), I cannot reflect this significant part of my channel. I understand why these emotes can be harmful on other channels, but when they are restricted to just my own, I should be allowed to take the risk that people will be less-than-wholesome…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Cheer Emotes be the standard ones in twitch channels when the cheer button is pressed. When the cheer button is pressed right now if that channel has custom ones, they have to press awkwardly "Show all Cheer Emotes" when it should show as the standard ones before having to press that button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A global badge and emote shop including past special event badges and emotes if you missed them for a price and includes the badges that used to come with the game’s twitch used to sell a few years ago this shop would have totally new badges and emotes as well of course

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The idea is to allow Streamers to award a single tier 1 Subscription per month for Free with no monetary cost or pay out for the streamer.

This would allow followers to make use of the chat emotes, stop pre-roll adds and even allow them to use sub only chat for one month.

After the month is up, the recipient may be more inclined to pay out for a sub in order to keep the Emotes and to stop Adds.

Streamers could use these Free subs as Prizes after hitting a new goal or rewards to returning viewers or just…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Instant upload for emotes is a fantastic thing, but what if those creators who have the ability are also given the option to request approval on a specific emote. When uploading the emote, there can be a dropdown that gives two options - Instant Upload or Request Approval. This would require that their emote is approved by Twitch before it is uploaded, just like normal.

I think this can eliminate any issues that some creators might have with their emotes. If a creator believes that their emote abides by all guidelines but want to make sure, they can request approval…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am very happy to see this experiment and to have been included.
    Love to see the breakdown of everything!

It would be a lot easier to analyze all of the wonderful data if it wasn't restricted to 10 lines per page. A dedicated section on the Emotes Page would be the most suitable location so that more information can be displayed at once.

I would also really like to see a 3rd option added that combines "Within Channel" and "Outside Channel" together so that we can see the data across the entire platform.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No suggestions, no complaints, just a big THANK YOU for rolling this out! I've used third-party sites for this in the past, and they're great (and they still have value as they're not identical to the on-platform one), but it's awesome to have this feature. Particularly the "Unique Users" column, which is extremely helpful in figuring out whether I'm the only one who uses that emote.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Emote Analytics is AWESOME, first off. Sincerely, thank you.

It's a bit weird having the modified versions listed separately though, and makes it a little difficult to determine which emotes are overall underperforming as the modified usages clutter up the bottom of the listing.

I suggest rolling the modified usage numbers into the main emote's, and being able to click on an emote to expand a sub-list breakdown showing normal vs each modifier usage. This would simplify the list and provide a more realistic picture of overall emote usage, but still allow access to that data for edge-cases (like determining…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A small but helpful suggestion, please add a "do not show this message again" for the popup that happens when you remove an emote from its slot. It's annoying to have to constantly click to acknowledge you are indeed removing an emote.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Handynutzern ist es nur sehr erschwert möglich die Followemotes zu nutzen, da diese selbst beim Namen getippt werden müssen und für den Nitzer selbst auch im Chat nicht sichtbar sind

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This happens in Firefox and only with official animated Twitch emotes. BTTV animated emotes do not reset each time a new chatter uses them. This has been happening for a few days now and is negatively affecting the chatting experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?