Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

612 results found

1. Since affiliate follow-emotes have come live, I've noticed several streamers are unable to use the new features due to suspensions 3 or 5 or more years old. So much so that some streamers can't even recall being suspended, or the reason for suspension, while maintaining a spotless record since then while consistently streaming for years, maintaining long term subscriptions and teams.

Despite otherwise fulfilling all the requirements for "Instant Upload Eligibility Requirements", they remain locked out of these new features, taunted by a link reading "find out how to regain access", with no further support, as they already meet said…

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Follower Emotes are some of the most used emotes in the channel and are sort of a bonding glue, and it's a major emotional disconnect to not be able to whisper these emotes in messages to fans.

Streamers should be able to use their own Follower Emotes. Beyond that, allowing followers or subscribers to whisper the streamer back using those same emotes would be amazing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Right now, we can only search for emotes by name, but so many emotes have nonsensical names that make them hard to find. For example, if I wanted to search for the FrankerZ emote but didn't know the name, and all I knew is that it was a dog emote, I would never find it. If that emote had "dog" as an additional context tag, however, I could discover it by searching for "dog". If creators could add searchable context tags to their emotes, it would be a lot easier to find them with a quick search.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Emotes are a key part of twitch, to the point that you can often convey more with just a certain emote than with a message.

Many people would love to see emotes displayed in the maximum size in chat.
    I'm guessing there are probably some limitations in in-line emote display tied to text pixels or something (either for practical reasons or esthetic reasons)...
    ...but some platforms have a solution for this, and I'm hoping it can be implemented on twitch.

In Discord, in-line emotes are displayed small, similar to Twitch, however, when ONLY emotes are used, they are displayed at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Follower emotes are a great idea, however, currently they hold no real value. A lot of streamers use BTTV/FFZ and have 50 or more emotes for anyone to use in their own chat.
    However, rewarding followers that actually come back to your stream a lot would be great! Perhaps it would be possible to give people access to follower emotes in other channels if they spend at least X amount of hrs or X% of a streamer's typical streamtime in their stream (per week or month or whatever).

It rewards coming back, but doesn't take away too much fire away…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As it was reported in the Discord API thread here -> https://github.com/discord/discord-api-docs/issues/3139

A limitation in the Twitch's side of the integration produces that animated emotes are synced as static, losing the intended effect. Discord provides support to animated emotes and Twitch was expected to make use of this feature.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow us the peeps to purchase collectable icons like happy birthday ect and have them come out monthly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think there should be more badges for the streamer to give out in chat like the vip badge for example something to show long time followers and subs, a badge for people who donate a lot, a longest lasting sub badge

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think this would be a good idea! I have seen recently the animated emotes have been added to iOS which is amazing. getting the bttv would help even more as loads of people don’t have computer/pc so having it on there phone helps interact with the rest of chat..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Last month twitch gave all affiliates 5 emotes slots, which is awesome!! However, when they gave these 5 emote slot out, I noticed the loss of the progression bar on the bottom the subscriber emote section. In the past when an affiliate would get 50 sub points twitch would an additional emote, then 65 sub points another emote... so forth and so on... I recently reached 71 sub points and I would love to give my community more subscriber emotes but I am limited now with out the tier progress bar. I think this is a great incentive for an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Blacklist bot accounts for emote stats, as my channel like many others have auto-responses messing up emote stats.

I would also like to see stats of my emotes used in other channels so I can better judge what emotes I need to switch out!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Emote Slot For Only Founders

The founder badge is great for when a subscriber is currently subbed but giving them one permanent emote slot as a perk would be great. Recently Twitch has added follower emotes, and animated emotes for affliates. I think this would make a great addition to the recent emote accessibility expansions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Emote modifications are cool. I think most of us agree that adding sunglasses to a teacup is a feature that this platform desperately needs. But you know what'd also be awesome? Being able to put an emote inside a speech bubble! Shrink the emote slightly, add a bubble around it, and have a "talking about X" modified emote!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Follower emotes to be used for raids for a limited time so users can be apart of the raid message without using budget global emotes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Maybe have different types of designs for VIP badges for viewers and friends because I personally like to VIP my friends but at the same time I would like some viewers to be VIP alternatively add in a friend badge maybe and keep VIP's for viewers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice to know approximately how long we will have to wait for some of these new features to rollout for affiliates. With the follower emotes I waited months (checking my emotes section daily) to see when they would unlock as I already had emotes waiting. Now I find the same thing happening for animated emotes. I rushed some animated emotes hoping I would have them immediately and I am now in the same cycle checking daily as I have no way of knowing when my channel will actually get the slots.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In a recent event people were able to get Pride Emotes which should show that no one should get "left behind" and accepted. Well.. because of not everyone is or was able to get it there should be an option to get them. I already asked people about it and we discussed a bit. They would pay for the pride emotes. I would too. Because they're awesome. Ye, they are Event Emotes. But do you really want to "ban out" people from having them just because of they wasn't aware of these emotes? And do you really want to not…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Similar to stickers used in many other apps, it would be fun to be able to incentivize Tier 3 subs by offering a unique emote that could be oversized. Many partners do this already by using 1 emote cut into 4 slots, adding this as a special bonus would be fun and help to drive higher tier support.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I really needed Emote Analytics, thank you. It is AMAZING.

I suggest you to add a filter that allows to separate emotes based on the different Tiers, Bits and Followers.
    At the moment users who have the possibility to use Tier 3 emotes and Bits emotes are a lower percentage than the whole community, so the lower use of those emotes is due to the fact that there are less users who can use them, not that they are worse than the others, that's why my idea is to add filters, so I can understand easly which are the best…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would like to be able to send an (authorized) API request to rename one emote to another, for example swapping an "angel/halo" emote with a "devil/horns" emote, or mixing up (or unmixing) all emotes for a redemption so that anyone typing an emote gets something random. Would be a fun way to interact with chat but there is no way to do it without manually deleting/reuploading the emotes in question, or renaming them to temporary names, swapping, etc... all by hand. Not very spontaneous/fun/interactive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?