Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

611 results found

1. Having the ability to unlock past pride emotes by watching someone in the LGBTQIA+ tag. Show your pride! Pride doesn't stop when the month is over it is a part of us.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We have a tendency to see emotes be deleted as they might be deemed sexually suggestive.

If possible can we add a Mature Lock or Mature Wall for Emotes and that way those emotes can be unlocked by age verification (18+) .

230 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Inside the emote tab you should be able to sort emotes by channel. I hate having to scroll through them in a random order to find the channel I am looking for, especially my own. The channel I am on and my own channel emotes should be the top 2 of the list!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please grant Partners' Lifetime Tier 3 bots access to our channel's bittie emotes, just as we (the streamer) have access to them all?

For those who don't know, Partners can allocate 3 x Lifetime Tier 3 subscriptions to bot accounts. These are useful for bots using all sub emotes for command responses, timer messages, but what about bit emotes?

Imagine this... your lifetime tier 3 bot is already responding to bitties, saying 'Thank you for cheering 100 bitties, with a total of 900 on my channel'

BUT you now have a timer message, like this, that goes off now and…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When typing twitch emotes, the emote previewer has caused my chat window to be much slower and when copy/pasting emotes it regularly causes the window to freeze. This should either be removed or an option to disable the emote preview should be added. I have found zero value and have only negative emotion toward the emote preview feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Just make the emote menu be top layer of the website, so it doesnt hide behind other parts of the website.
    Really cant understand how this can happen, its just bad web design.

https://imgur.com/a/YKZdaP7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an emote like the mlm (men loving men) pride flag

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I know custom prefixes are only avaliable for partners and I respect that, but autogenerated names for prefixes trend to be so wrong, so I suggest to be able to select what part of your username you want as emote prefix, for example:

If your username is "JustAnnie" your emote prefix may be "Just444" or even worse.
    Everytime you change your username or the first time you receive the affiliate Twitch should allow you to select in a text selector what part of your username you want to use as your name and let you to set an autogenerated prefix…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to upload custom badges for subs and gift leaderboard. Doing so will allow us to uniquely differentiate in various chats and would help to match the aesthetics of existing badges and emotes a channel uses.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Describe more clearly that for example the Emote Chat and other modes are timely restricted functions for moderation and nobody should use it to abuse its viewers. It's not helpful for anyone to use a follower-only chat to grow a channel or use emote-only chat to be a lazy mod, channel owner, or have no mod in the chat at all.
    The best way would be to communicate more clearly what the functionality of those modes is for OR restrict the general use to 600 seconds.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think using emoji in stream titles is a great way of standing out, and would love to take that a step further and show off my channel's emotes within my stream title and go live notification. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a sustained 5 tier 2 subscribers for a decent period - I would like to reward them with a personalised emote for subbing at that tier - however if I then gain 6 tier 2 subscribers I would have an issue that the slots don't encourage a further subscriber. Could we have additional emote slots added per person that subscribes at that tier?

Eg: I get 9 tier 2 subbers I would get 10 tier 2 emote slots (to encourage a further subscriber each time) and so on - 20 Tier 2 subbers gets 21 slots etc.

Personally…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As title suggests, others can use my channel's emotes, but if I try and use it, it only comes out as text. It's not just my perspective either; other users see in chat the name of the emote, not the actual emote "e.g. 'itsnuc2FlowerSpin' instead of the animated emote" ... very odd bug!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it possible for us to unequip a founder badge for certain channels. It is very awkward to have to go to your privacy settings if you want your founder badge off. In certain channels I want to show my founder badge to show how long I've been supporting someone. In others I want to keep it to show that I was one of the first viewers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you see "Follower Emote uploads are currently disabled on your account", it should say why. It is a worrisome message and it says to learn why, click here, but if it's as simple as "you've only streamed 59/60 times" or something, it would be great if it just said the reason.

Currently it says "Find out how to regain access" as if I were being punished but I don't believe I've ever had access to them before. I don't remember seeing this scary warning situation in the past, so either something went wrong for me or the page has…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The longer a broadcaster streams, chances are that the founder badge loses its meaning. It's likely that your first subs aren't there as often now, so the chance of seeing that badge is less. This affects affiliates more since they can only have 10 founders. Think about an affiliate that has been streaming for a few years. What's the chance that their first 10 subs are still there and active in chat? It's very likely that only a couple of them are active, if any.

I propose that a new badge is created for active chatters, reviewed automatically every quarter…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to distance yourself from, and be assured that, you can no longer be seen by streamers you may hold a founder entitlement to, could be very important for a lot of people with bad experiences.

Please give the option for people to remove themselves from the new founder badge holder list - this will also free up a slot for that streamer. A win/win.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I and many others use a large number of emotes to hype streams. I am subbed to a lot of streams and it makes it tedious to scroll between subscribers to create an artistic message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you have 100 vip on channels with "check mark'', you receive universal Gold VIP sign (colored gold instead of pink)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Since affiliate follow-emotes have come live, I've noticed several streamers are unable to use the new features due to suspensions 3 or 5 or more years old. So much so that some streamers can't even recall being suspended, or the reason for suspension, while maintaining a spotless record since then while consistently streaming for years, maintaining long term subscriptions and teams.

Despite otherwise fulfilling all the requirements for "Instant Upload Eligibility Requirements", they remain locked out of these new features, taunted by a link reading "find out how to regain access", with no further support, as they already meet said…

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?