Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

615 results found

1. its less about the subs and more the emotes people get from subbing, its the k pop ones, please remove them from my account, i hate them with a passion, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Having extra emote slots unlock based on your Sub Badge would incentivise maintaining a subscription for long periods of time, and will increase the amount of people who maintain a subscription to a channel. This would work in a similar way to Bit badge emote rewards.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give users the option to remove certain emotes so they don't show up in chat, like hiding all the Kpop emotes

815 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Just as it says in the title, I think creators would love to have the option to take away Tier 2 and 3 subs to add two more emotes to Tier 1 subs. In my case, I’ve maybe had someone tier 2/3 to me 2-3 times each over the course of my 3 years of being an Affiliate. It’s only usually just once out of the blue, never continuous.

For my stream, I would rather add two more emotes to my first tier, totaling it to a maximum of 7 instead of 5 (for Affiliates) than have a tier 2…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to organize “Top Emotes”.

The frequent emote list is very inconsistent between different devices and this can be frustrating when you need to use your favorite emotes in the moment to communicate.

A fix to this would be to give users two rows at the top of the emote list that is customizable where they can lock in their favorite 10-14 emotes. This would carry over across different devices.

If a locked in emote cannot be used because a sub has ended it will work the same way as usual and display a 🔒 symbol next to it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I understand your team might be inundated with emote approvals. However, it's weird to just throw the emote into the queue and just wait wondering when it will get approved.

Can you please just add an indication of where in the queue the emote sits? This way we can at least know when the emote might be reviewed.
    It doesn't need to show exact position, but just break it down into tenths or quarters. Like "Oh, okay half way there. Cool." is way better than "I dunno... I guess it'll happen some day..."

The documentation I was able to find…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. like ffz and bttv but built into twitch, community emotes would be uploaded by any user to the public emote library which streamers can select up to 50 emotes for their community to use without needing to be a sub or use channel points. The library can be used for the twitch premium personal emotes as well https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310237-ads/suggestions/41392177-twitch-premium

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have someone available to explain why emotes are rejected or taken down because the given reasons don’t make sense when the emote doesn’t reflect the reason.

I have had the same emote either rejected or taken down on different occasions due to nudity or sexualized content. When I try to see if someone can talk to me about what needs to be changed I get the run around.

If Twitch is going to take down one type/subtype, take ALL of them down, not just the POC ones.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We need affiliates AND partners able to choose between the badges of their channel, which badge they want to have next to their usernames... example : i want 2 year loyalty badge next to my name, but i only have been affiliated for 6 months. So choosing which badge you want next to your name is a good idea i think ! (Only for the actual streamer ofc).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add option to show off Cheer Badge, Gift Sub Badge both at the same time. There should be at least 2 custom channel badges instead of the just one. Even 1st Founders Badge should show along with instead of either or also. In order- Founders Badge, Sub Badge, Gifted Sub Badge, Cheer Badge and possible Twitch Prime Badge should show for non Mods.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Surprised this doesn't seem to be suggested already, but the Founders Badge should be separate from the regular channel badges. A common theme in these suggestions is that the Founders Badge is covering up the regular badges, so it's really weird that Twitch doesn't just display both if they apply.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. With all the events going on like Pride Emotes and now HyperScape Emotes it would be nice to trade emotes with each other? would be cool if this was allowed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 8,313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. People who receive a gifted sub in the first month should also be allowed founder badge.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the automod censors the BrokeBack emote which seems ironic to me since it is an emote of the platform itself

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How about "legacy" emote slots?

If you have subbed for a year = you get an extra emote, 2years = a second emote etc.

You unlock them by either having a streak of 1 year/ 2 years etc (and then the user can keep using them even if they aren't subbed anymore. Just like unlocked bit emotes that stick with the user.)

Or unlock by being (with breaks, but in total) subbed 1 year/ 2 year etc and only get access to the emote when you are subbed.

Would be a cool reward for long time supporters.

Original idea by…

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Its annoying we cant use our good earned emotes from cheering for our fav broadcasters in whispers, some can be put to good use in whispers but that they disappear is annoying.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great to have the option to toggle on or off emote modification for Tier 2 and Tier 3 (as the viewer) as currently only the streamer can remove those modifications, and for everyone having a subscription at those tiers, and it can appear a bit busy in our emote picker from the subscriber point of view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unlock permanent emote slots for those who gift subs (5/10/25 etc) and those who are subscribed to a channel for x-amount of time (3/6/9 months etc) just like how the bits emotes work.

It would give affiliates the opportunity for more emote slots to work with if they choose to upload anything there for them, and it also provides some reward to go with viewer generosity (at the minute, permanent emotes are a thing with bits alone and they're great, but there are no permanent unlocks for continuous support in subscribing/gifting subscribers to a channel. In fact, for gift subs,…

278 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The current size of the badges shown in the chat is small and do not overlook the details of the personalized badges that we added on our channels, 24px x 24px would be a reasonable size for presentation in the chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?