Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. There are some YouTubers which would prefer twitch as a streaming platform but fear that their community will not find them when they have to switch their names. Since twitch doesn't allow "ä", "ö" and "ü" in their creator names those with these letters in their names get discriminated.

Thank you very much

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. in the "how to earn channel points" description it says "Hent sørlige bonusser" sørlige isn't a word i imagine it was supposed to be "særlige" which means special.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We need local pricing for twitch turbo in Turkey. I really would like to subscribe to this service but 7USD is really too much for this.

Gerçekten Türkiyede twitch turbo için yerel fiyatlandırmaya ihtiyacımız var. Bu servise abone olmayı istiyorum ama 7 dolar bunun için çok fazla.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The "Counter-Strike" category is still called "Counter-Strike Global Offensive" (カウンターストライク グローバルオフェンシブ) despite it being changed to encapsulate both CS:GO and CS2. Rename it to "カウンターストライク" to match English category name.

This category does not have a match on IGDB as it contains 2 different games, which is why this is not posted in the IGDB forum

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In Dutch language, in the translation for the affiliate anniversary (ENG:

PartyHat Happy Affiliate Anniversary!) the emote PartyHat is translated into Feestmuts (DUTCH: Feestmuts Gefeliciteerd met je Affiliate-jubileum).

Feestmuts would be the correct translation for PartyHat, but the emote only works with the English term (and translation in other languages has the PartyHat emote).

The same error might also be in other celebration messages (like partner anniversary).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Good morning,

Guys, every time there is an event on Twitch, like SUBtemper for example, there is always a bug in the website interface when I use it in my native language which is Brazilian Portuguese.

In short, in the bottoms and divs, or in the boxes that normally exist on any website in general, when I use the website in Brazilian Portuguese localization, I always come across bugs in the interface, in which the positioning of these elements exceeds the proposed limit on the website, and the element hides in another element, or is inside another div. As a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add a German language option which does not use Gender language (you can leave current German option as default).

Or use the generic masculinum and add (m/w/d) at the end.

Gender language disrupts reading flow and is not including everyone, e.g.

Kolleg*innen

This does not include males since the word Kolleg does not exist in that context.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, the title of the classification label in Finnish reads as "Tarkoitettu tietynlaiselle yleisölle" which translates as "Intended for a certain kind of audience". I'd propose using the translation "Tarkoitettu rajoitetuille yleisöille" which translates back into English as "Intended for limited audiences." There is a difference of tone and meaning, but most importantly the plural form of the original "Intended for certain audiences" is conserved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Twitch uses data from IGDB, but there are some errors where this data isn't applied properly. IGDB uses the North American (NA) title by default, and has the European title as the alternative, even in situations where the European title is the original or matching the original better.

• The schedule on twitch.tv uses the NA title regardless of locale selected. Both the small item of the schedule, as well as when you click on it to expand it. But the cover used is localised.

• The video producer on dashboard.twitch.tv use the NA title regardless of locale, when you edit a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When editing a goal, the option "End Goal" has mistakenly been translated as a single noun "Slutmål" (such as: what's the 'end goal'?) instead of the intended verb "Avsluta mål".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm using Twitch in Swedish, primarily for the Swedish formats since English (Sweden) isn't an option.

But there are some improper formats on the analytic screen, and this issue is likely happening to several other languages, and is likely due to hardcoded functions. By resolving these issues, these are not only resolved for Swedish, but also for several other languages.
    https://dashboard.twitch.tv/u/USERNAME/analytics

When you press on the date-banner at the top to change the date, the date-pickers are displaying with Sunday first, which is quite confusing to look at since Sweden is always Monday first. This calendar should reflect the locale…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The german localization titles the sub gifter badge as "Person, die das Abonnement verschenkt" which equates to "person who gifts the sub" in english. This sounds very unnatural. Closer to the english "sub gifter" would be something along the lines of "Abo-Verschenker". Another more natural alternative would also be "Person, die ein Abo verschenkt hat" which translates to "person who has gifted a sub".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The green pill that says "SAVE" in the "Save by subscribing for logger" dialog.
    In Finnish version this is mistranslated as "TALLENNA" (as in "save file"). It should be "SÄÄSTÄ" (as in "save money")

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A tradução da área que mostra a última transmissão realizada, na página do canal, está incorreta.

Exemplo: https://imgur.com/a/qkqtkE0

O "de" impede a presença do "há" no texto.

Sugestões de correção:

• "Confira essa transmissão de [categoria] de 4 dias atrás"; ou
    • "Confira essa transmissão de [categoria], realizada há 4 dias"
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Every single time when I'm on a new pc and I want to log into Twitch I need to receive a verification code to be able to log in. I'm from Belgium and I live in the Flemish-speaking (Dutch) part. This SMS however is always in French. The majority of the people speak Dutch in Belgium and everything else on Twitch is in either Dutch or English.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Malaysian "Malay" language is very much different to Bahasa Indonesia, even though it has its similarities, are very much culturally and phonetically different that it could cause confusion if I were to label my streams as Bahasa Indonesia. Furthermore, Singaporean Malay also refer to their native language as "Malay", so I dont see why not adding the Malay language in the stream info setting.

Otherwise you could instead rename the "Bahasa Indonesia" tag as "Bahasa" instead of "Bahasa Indonesia" and basically combine them since the Malay language is also called "Bahasa Melayu" in its native language, but this is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When publishing a vod by hand in the stream manager tab a popup says "Dadurch wird es für die Öffentlichkeit unzugänglich", which means the exakt opposite of publishing something. If something is "unzugänglich" noone has access to it.

Seems to be a translation error.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When someone shares their subscription in chat, this is the message in Swedish:

"(username) prenumenerade av Nivå 1De har prenumenerat i 20 månader, just nu har de 17 i rad!"

Firstly, it should be "prenumererade" and "prenumererat" ("r" instead of "n").

Secondly, "på Nivå 1" instead of "av" and there should be a full stop and space after.

Fixed: "(username) prenumererade på Nivå 1. De har prenumererat i 20 månader, just nu har de 17 i rad!"

This is just some examples, there are some more errors when gifting subscriptions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Um pequeno erro de escrita na tradução PT-BR na mensagem do chat sobre emotes animados.
    Está aparecendo a mensagem escrito: "Emotes animados podem ser DESBILITADOS nas configurações". A palavra correta seria Desabilitados.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. What's wrong:
    Norwegian translation,
    when you hover over a user that has been subbed for nine months it says "9-årsabonnent", which means 9 years subscriber.

år = year

Solution:
    Correct translation should be "9-måneders abonnent"

Image showing the problem
    https://imgur.com/a/NvA0Uvh

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here