Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. I think there should be a translation option for streamers because if someone comes into streams and say a different language there should be an option to read it in English and when we want to reply there should be an option to type back in there language

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When adding a new app at https://dev.twitch.tv/console/apps/create, the first field in Russian reads "Владелец", which translates to "Owner". In reality, this field is intended for the application name, and it reads just "Name" in English.

The correct translation would be "Название" ("Name"), or "Название приложения" ("Application name").

P.S. It's also impossible to change your language while on the dev.twitch.tv subdomain, and you have to navigate to the main site in order to change language.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translation Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hello, I live somewhere where the internet speed/mbps is low. Some of the people that I follow have streams are in 720 only or greater which causes the receiving transmission on my end to buffer and lag often. I mostly just want to listen, so having an audio only or video toggle would be nice.

tldr: it could be implemented, excluding advertisements of course .. a toggle for video or at least an option for low res so that those of us with lower bandwidth can listen without choppy or broken interception.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. i wish me and my friends have been doing youtube for 2 years we started runing out of money we thought we can stream and make money for it being unavailable on my country am in egypt

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Devia ter músicas brasileiras para cantar, é absurdo e inaceitável que não tenha.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The german word "Abonnenten" is misspelled in the error message "Dieses Video können sich nur {x}-Abonennten ansehen."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please update the sort by language in the e-sports directory
    put my language channel first
    and put the live game first in the category.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There is a pop-up when a viewer types a message in chat for the first time that the streamer is allowed to customize. I would like for Twitch to add messaging there automatically localized to the viewer's detected language that states any and all language restrictions the streamer may have.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello, i find some issues in RU localization in video page.

Video counter in eng loc: "1,410 views" (As example)
    Video counter in ru loc: "не число просмотра" (Translate from russian "not view number")

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In Russian localization when you click 'block user' there's a misspelled word in last line of notification message:
    "Перестанете видеть сообщения пользователя в чатах, которы не модерируете."
    Instead of "которы" there should be "которые"
    Ty in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Sidelinjeprat frarådet" while not an actual word, it still is a bad combination of words to describe the actual meaning of the tag No Backseating. We do have a word for Backseat driving, where I guess Backseating comes from. That word is: Baksetesjåfør .
    So a better, but still not a real word, would be Baksetespilling. Frarådet means discouraged, so either keep this or just change to: Ingen baksetespilling . This is a way better translation directly translating to No Backseat Gaming

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Afrikaans as a language on twitch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello,
    I am an Italian user, who registered for the first time in Italy. However, I moved to the UK a few years ago and since then I changed every single setting in my Twitch profile (as well as my browser and every other application I use) to English as it has become my primary language.
    However, to this date I keep receiving emails from Twitch in Italian, and there are many pages (like the support one) which are still loaded in Italian despite any browser setting.

How can I get rid of the Italian language on my account?

Thanks,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Wrong translation on german clients when changing account password.
    In the bottom right corner of the change password window the save is translated wrong.
    It shows Sparen - correctly it should display Speichern.
    You really shouldn't use google translator. ;p

However... hope that helps. ;)

Cheers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. During the covid situation many of the people in India started using pc and lap in
    order to attend online class . As they started using pc the started gaming and within 6 month Indian pc gaming community increased about 60% of user and most of them started to streaming . I as an Indian i would like increase the popularity of Indian gaming community by using twitch which is worldwide used platform for gaming . so i am requesting your Esports cooperation and to
    uprise Indian gaming community . so kindly take the initiative to step make Indain gaming…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add the language flemish. i'm tired of having to pick dutch and getting nothing else but channels from the netherlands presented. i'd like to see channels from my own country (Belgium). with this generalisation of dutch, that's as good as impossible. meaning your language recommendations are 99.99% useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. plz change tag “브이튜버” to “버튜버” from korea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In the message "此影片包含在 Prime 中。只要訂購或觀賞及表示您同意我們的條款。由 Amazon.com Services LLC 販售", the word "及" should be "即".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Error in:
    Antal
    Svare (change to Svarer)
    sørlige (change to særlige)
    ...and more

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. What's wrong:
    Norwegian translation,
    when you hover over a user that has been subbed for nine months it says "9-årsabonnent", which means 9 years subscriber.

år = year

Solution:
    Correct translation should be "9-måneders abonnent"

Image showing the problem
    https://imgur.com/a/NvA0Uvh

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?