Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. Around 110 million people speak Farsi worldwide and in Iran alone, there are more than 28 million gamers according to a national survey.

There are many Farsi speaking streamers on the site and I'm sure Twitch knows about the number of people using the website within Iran (even though many use VPNs almost all the time to be able to access many websites next to watching twitch). As many have said before, not having the option for the language of the stream is hurtful for all the viewers of the website. No one uses the "Other" language option to find…

2,931 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch please add Azerbaijani language as an option to stream. There are around 40 million Azerbaijanis in the world. Quite often I find my compatriots watching streams of worldwide famous streamers or Turkish streamers. All of my compatriots choose Turkish language as a streaming language for their broadcast, which makes it harder for an Azerbaijani viewers to find their local content creators . Thanks !

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Afrikaans as a language on twitch

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Malayalam is the language used by people of Kerala, a southern state of the country India. Malayalam is the official language of Kerala, which is a state with 3.46 crores population (as of 2018).

Many streamers from Kerala are now a part of Twitch.tv streaming community. Viewers from Kerala have also started increasing day by day. But, it is so hard for a new twitch.tv user to find Malayalam talking streamers.
    It will be good for us Malayalis, aka Keralites, if Twitch adds Malayalam as a language.

Thank you team for your continued support. Hope this suggestion will be considered.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why has Twitch Dev Removed "Persian" or "Farsi" from the language choices. How can we have that back? Feels slightly discriminatory.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pls add Serbian or Balkanian language to stream language, cause every country from former Yugoslavia / Balkan basically talks the same language and have good understandings of it. And there is a lot of streamers / gamers from these countries that would use this tag when streaming. Those countries are Slovenia, Croatia, Bosna and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia. Or maybe the best would be to add those languages one by one.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. • Wherever the word ‘Spórolj’ appears in the settings in Hungarian, it should be ‘Mentés’, because ‘Mentés’ is the right word for saving something which has been change — like a setting. (‘Spórolj’ means saving money.)

• The word/expression ‘Legjobb pillanatok’ stands for best moments, but this button is for creating a highlight. Therefore the right word in Hungarian is ‘Kiemelés’. (The word ‘Kiemelés’ has already been in use on the Twitch platform for many years before.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I found a translation error in the creator dash.
    When I edit my social media links the button for 'save' is translated to 'besparen' which means 'to save money' in Dutch. The correct translation here would be "Opslaan"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We want to add the Arabic language to the site

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. new to twitch and its great so far! I just want to say that a little bit of twitch even 1 hour in a day is ok. With that out of the way.... to know my context, My demographics in short is am from Nairobi Kenya and my preference is single player games 80% of the time. And i want to request if you can put a swahili option just to target potential followers in our East african region . Swahili is the most common unifying language in Africa, and there is alot of discussion on making it an African…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. However in my region (still Sweden) I am not able to gamble with channel points. I can only bet on whoever wins with 0 channel points.

Bad translation, trash translation, pretty silly translation

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello,
    I am an Italian user, who registered for the first time in Italy. However, I moved to the UK a few years ago and since then I changed every single setting in my Twitch profile (as well as my browser and every other application I use) to English as it has become my primary language.
    However, to this date I keep receiving emails from Twitch in Italian, and there are many pages (like the support one) which are still loaded in Italian despite any browser setting.

How can I get rid of the Italian language on my account?

Thanks,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The common tag 'no backseating' is translated as 'mondje dicht', which means little mouth closed, I have absolutely no clue what the person who made this translation was thinking, probably creative use of Google Translate. There is no Dutch equivalent for 'backseating' so it is used together with the Dutch word for no, which is 'geen': geen backseaten.

The other one is that the category 'just chatting' is translated as 'gewoon chatten', even though Dutch people like me use 'chatten' to only mean typing in a chat. The word for chatting as in talking out loud in Dutch is praten.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When someone shares their subscription in chat, this is the message in Swedish:

"(username) prenumenerade av Nivå 1De har prenumenerat i 20 månader, just nu har de 17 i rad!"

Firstly, it should be "prenumererade" and "prenumererat" ("r" instead of "n").

Secondly, "på Nivå 1" instead of "av" and there should be a full stop and space after.

Fixed: "(username) prenumererade på Nivå 1. De har prenumererat i 20 månader, just nu har de 17 i rad!"

This is just some examples, there are some more errors when gifting subscriptions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add the language flemish. i'm tired of having to pick dutch and getting nothing else but channels from the netherlands presented. i'd like to see channels from my own country (Belgium). with this generalisation of dutch, that's as good as impossible. meaning your language recommendations are 99.99% useless.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Error in:
    Antal
    Svare (change to Svarer)
    sørlige (change to særlige)
    ...and more

Admin audit: removed offensive title to better reflect general issue

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Sørlige" is not a word in danish... I guess you mean "særlige" because that translates to "special". That being said I do not know what the word actually is supposed to be, as I have not seen the English edition of twitch in that category before. The only thing i do know, is that sørlige is not a word.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Norwegian translation for Disabled is incorrect. According to my Mod, the correct term is: Nedsatt funksjonsevne

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello there,

As streamer I made several times streams in Valencià, one of the languages from Spain. I would like to request a new feature letting us be allowed to use it as an official language in the platform.

There are tons of people that use this language each day and it's the main language in most of the cities or towns from the Valencian Community.

Please, consider this idea as this would be awesome to give us visibility and have a stronger market of the platform for Valencian people.

Best regards,

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello, i find some issues in RU localization in video page.

Video counter in eng loc: "1,410 views" (As example)
    Video counter in ru loc: "не число просмотра" (Translate from russian "not view number")

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hi there,

Thanks so much for reporting. I was able to see the issue with view counts and relayed this to the localization team for review.

• Don't see your idea?