Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

102 results found

1. Raids are generally used to introduce one or more audiences to other streamers.

Right now, there is one method of raiding: You click the raid channel button, you're brought up a list of live channels you are following.

I believe that the creator should be given a list of all live channels in the category they are streaming. That way they can pick a live channel that they may not be following. Introducing an element of RNG into raiding could greatly open up the platform to a wider audience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Back at the end of September 2018, Twitch REMOVED the ability for a broadcaster to press "RAID NOW" from chat when the broadcaster wasn't the one who started the Raid, this was complained about, as there were a number such as myself who use Bots to start off the Raids,

Twitch "Fixed" this with the new Raid & Hosts panel that was launched shortly after in the Dashboard....

Now the Dashboard is changing, and there is no longer a Raid & Hosts Panel only a Raid Option (Nothing to indicate an in progress Raid), this is now a Problem AGAIN

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd like to see everyone who has raided me in the past year, but nobody cares about that apparently because I can't find any information about it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For some reason, you can go to your dashboard and initiate a raid to another channel even if you aren't live. This is frequently used for trolling and the reason why many people (myself included) have set the minimum number of viewers for incoming raids to 2.

Since raiding is supposed to be a feature to take your viewers with you to another streamer, it makes no sense that you're able to do this while offline. Please fix it!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For frequent Raiders, sometimes we want to make new friends in the community. Sometimes those raids don't go as planned and the new friend goes offline, or the raid simple isn't appreciated and you run into someone rude. Or, you're raided by a community that comes in and is rude. I would like to see the ability to forward our raids onto another community if the initial raid isn't someone you follow.
    Also, as a raider along for the ride, the opportunity to stay with the raided streamer or move along to another one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I don't want return to find that I've been cycled through 4+ channels I don't want to watch.

I don't care who recommends them for auto-raid, I have them set in my personalized category/channel recommendations as Not Interested.

Not Interested means I am Not interested.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When choosing who to raid to it can sometimes be difficult if you have multiple people online that you want to raid to. How about a feature where the streamer can opt to either raid out to a single person or split the raid between 2 or 3 others.

Single raid target - Works the same way as normal

Multi raid target - The chat would get to choose which of the two people they would like to join. So Raid Target A might gain 15 people and Raid Target B might gain 20 people from the raid. Any chatters…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Due to personality conflict, there are a number of streamers in the VR community that have me banned, and that I have banned. The amount of times I end up in their streams following a raid from another VR streamer is becoming paramount. I don't want to become a stat for me ending up in their chat, and not being raided out from their channel, and vice-versa.

If a streamer is raiding you into a channel that you are banned from, you do not automatically join the raid.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There needs to be a feature in the settings that allows you to stop raids for users on steam.

It’s frustrating to fall asleep during a stream you were currently watching and wake then wake up to a different streamer that you would never watch.
    Here is an example: watching chill stream and fall asleep, couple hours later you suddenly wake up to a steamer showing/shooting guns and shouting slurs.

This option should be in the settings under “Autoplay videos”. Also should be accessible to both users and creators/streamers.

This shouldn’t be mandatory.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It seems since the Host feature was removed yesterday, I am unable to raid to another streamer for the 2nd day in a row. Any idea on if the Raid feature will be operational soon or what for us small streamers?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have insomnia and fall asleep to streams regularly. The difference in setups for streamers can make for a wide range of max volumes. This morning because of a raid I was woken up and cannot get back to sleep.
    All I'm suggesting is a toggle to turn off being thrown into a raid in case of falling asleep watching a stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set an automatic timer to raid to another channel

Or have a raid list of friends who are live to just click on to raid

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make raids only accessible to affiliates and partners of Twitch.

This will help counter the current hate raid issues.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The current allowing/blocking raid options are very limited and should be more customizable. I think "Only allow raids from friends, teammates, and followed channels" should be split up so you can filter out raids from followed channels but can keep the other two because i follow a lot of channels that i wouldn't want to raid me but i still want friends to be able to raid me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like a toggle to completely disable raid messages in my chat or at least the option to set a minimum size the raid needs to be to actually show in my chat. I can set minimums for all of my overlays through third party websites but I can't set a limit on raid messages showing up in chat. "BillyBob69 is raiding with a party of 2" just so they can get a shout out and recognition is annoying. Thank you <3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A suggestion would be to put a temporary icon identifying the user as the stream raider next to their username in the chat of that stream that lasts for several chat messages/set time period and then disappears. This can be used to give extra visibility in the chat for the raiding streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When someones banned from multiple channels, and than when someone hosts or raids that person id like it to auto opt me out of that. Its just depressing. I think people mess up and shouldn't need reminded everyday of that one bad day.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make is so you can't raid people unless you have been streaming 10-20 minutes+ to stop the fake raids that people are constantly doing, its re4ally annoying for streamers when they have a fake raid notification

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We all use autohost, raiding and manual hosting sometimes. Its labor intensive & tireing though. One has to devote time to find a stream to drop viewers into. On top of inconvinience of that process... there is corruption going on in certain communities. People are retaining viewers by hosting their group of friends only, so these viewers are never exposed to anything new.

My idea is to automate the process of raiding, to disperse thousends of viewers watching huge streamer, by sending them to zero-viewer channels from same game cathegory.. or to the ones having simmilar cathegories history. By doing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think this kind of feature would be really interesting and exciting for viewers and streamers. Streamers could press a button to split their viewers to groups of for example 100 people and raid random channels in chosen category or all over twitch. With big streamers getting tens of thousands of viewers, this would mean a lot of small streams would get exposure from this feature. I have noticed chat gets really excited when raids happen, in both the raided and raider channel. This kind of random twist would make it even more exciting and fun!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?