Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

102 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Le concept est plutôt simpliste, ce serais de proposer aux streamers la possibilité de faire un raid ou un host à une personne aléatoire ( exemple /raid [nationalité]Random ) .

Imaginons, un streamer français fini sont live et veut faire un raid, il ne sait pas qui raid et pour ne pas faire de jaloux en choisissant parmi ses viewer , il lance la commande " /raid FR RANDOM " et cela va choisir un streamer français parmi toutes les catégorie.

Cela permettrai de découvrir parfois des pépites que l'on aurait surement jamais rencontrer en cherchant par sois même.

je…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I've noticed that many streamers won't Raid even though it's good for the growth of other streamers and also Twitch by keeping people on the app longer and more likely to see more ads.

If they received income from the advertising, which they are sending people directly into advertising so they should benefit from that, they may be more likely to help everyone, too, as another incentive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As title, viewer count isn't representative of chat count. Because of that Raids are usually smaller than the viewer count shown on stream. It'll help in some data analysis for some streamers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Streamers should be able to restrict raids from recently created accounts (e.g., streamer-specified thresholds of 10 minutes, 1 day, 1 week, etc.)

This is useful to combat repeated harassment from people who create new accounts with inappropriate names to raid into channels (esp. of marginalized communities)

While restricting raids to only channels the streamer follows is a possible band-aid, this substantially hampers growth (i.e., cure is worse than the disease) when this account age restriction would solve the trolls we are currently receiving

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Picture-in-Picture button does not work if I'm sent from one stream to another (being a raider).

For example:
    If the query ?referrer=raid is included in the URL and I click on the Picture-in-Picture mode nothing happens. If I remove the query, go to the URL, and click on the Picture-in-Picture button everything works as expected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Wenn man zu einen Dj raiden möchte, der aber schon über seinen zeitplan ist muß man onchat fragen wie lang er noch on ist. hier wäre eine option (am besten bei den kanalpunkten) wo man einfach eine raidanfrage stellen kann

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Raids are not taking significant amounts of viewers.

Instead they will stay in chat and see the hosted streamer there or just an offline page.

This should be fixed. Raiding is one of the best and only ways to network on twitch and this is causing it to fail creators.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have insomnia and fall asleep to streams regularly. The difference in setups for streamers can make for a wide range of max volumes. This morning because of a raid I was woken up and cannot get back to sleep.
    All I'm suggesting is a toggle to turn off being thrown into a raid in case of falling asleep watching a stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I raid from the stream manager a lot of times, to quickly choose one of the people I follow. But in order to know for how long they've been streaming (and not raid someone that's about to end), I always need to open another tab, look for their stream, and check.

It would be very useful to have their uptime next to the amount of people watching them :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The DJ community regularly creates multi-DJ events ("Raid Trains") where DJs take turns doing a set for a predetermined amount of time and then raid the next channel on the schedule. These events can last anywhere from a few hours up to several days. Twitch needs a feature where a user could "follow" the raid train and allow them to pop in at any time. Currently, you'd have to know which channel in the raid train is broadcasting at the given hour, search for them and then join. In a 4-day raid train with 90 DJs, this can be a…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set an automatic timer to raid to another channel

Or have a raid list of friends who are live to just click on to raid

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The streamer who raids will appear highlighted or otherwise. They could appear with a box around their name as "first time chatters" do, perhaps denoted as "Recent Raider" or simply "Raider".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a small streamer, one great way to network and meet new people is via raiding. However, much of the time, raids are too small for some streamers and there is no notification of the raid in chat or via alert. This really devalues small streamers and gives us the impression that we are not worth recognition on Twitch. Small raids are still raids.

You might be asking, "well people who aren't live can just press the raid button, and it can be spammy." To this I'd say, if there was some recognition that an individual was live (ex. 1…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a warning while raiding if the streamer being raided has follower only/sub only chat enabled. A couple of times, I have raided streamers that have follower only mode enabled, but because I was already following them, it was not obvious at the time. A lot of people get turned off by follower only mode, and it would be good to be warned of this before locking in the raid, and giving the opportunity to raid elsewhere instead

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Popular streamers instructing their viewers to go grief another streamer should be means for at least a suspension, & in some cases a permanent ban. I'm using hal as an example because he's a big streamer & its a recent one. TSM_ImperialHal had his chat go and grief another streamer over his appearance because he landed on him in a video game. He stopped his stream & they started attacking the guys girlfriend. There wound up being death threats sent to the poor guy. No action taken against hal. Its the most petty & childish thing but it happens regularly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If I am choosing someone to raid at the end of my stream via the Dashboard, I think it should tell me if the stream that I'm about to raid is currently in follower-only or sub-only mode (i.e. in-line in the list as I search for them, or after already selecting them).

It can kill the hype of some raids if I'm already following or subbed to the streamer I'm planning on raiding and then the majority of my community can't type or join in the raid without following/subscribing.

It feels like a minor feature which would have huge impact…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In light of the hate raids, I have been using the option to only allow raids from channels I follow. However, this is not the ideal option since it prevents being able to connect with other, genuine streamers that I may not currently know.

It would be nice to have more filters for who can raid your stream. I think a great option would be "only allow raids from affiliates and partners" or "only allow raids from accounts that are x days old". This will help prevent others from making an account just to immediately hate raiding a stream.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make raids only accessible to affiliates and partners of Twitch.

This will help counter the current hate raid issues.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give streamers or their moderators the ability to accept or deny incoming raids, with a default state to be set by the streamer. At the moment streamers can choose to only be raided by friends or teammates, which increases safety at the cost of discoverability. This will give some peace of mind in the midst of hate raiders.

Alternatively, a moderator command to "Purge all raiders", if a raid has been malicious - a one stop shop to time out / ban all accounts that came in with a recent raid.

324 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?