Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

14 results found

1. When adding someone to the auto-host list, you could select if you want to host them regardless of what they're playing, or just when playing specific games.

This would be beneficial for channels that focus on one game only, they could host channels that stream more games, but only when streaming the specific game they want their channel to be about.

There's also the aspect of not wanting to auto-host channels when they play games we wouldn't want presented in our channel, but we could auto-host them only when they are playing games we agree with.

Most importantly it would…

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Suggested Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow us to toggle AutoHost on and off, via set times. That way during the week, I can disable it automatically during my streaming times, and then re-enable it after the fact.

Turning the host off, then having to stream, but sometimes it decides it wants to rehost someone else right away makes me feel like a bad person :(

Having to manually toggle it on and off (And better yet, it doesn't unhost automatically) is annoying.

If not a time block setup, why not just toss the setting onto the dashboard?

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suggested Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Setting a priority / list order for Auto-Host is kinda pointless if Auto-Host won't automatically switch to the streamers you prefer to host more (like a local friend or someone who streams your favorite games). That being said, I'm requesting an option for the Auto-Host settings that'll allow it to host someone higher on your Auto-Host List if they go live, even if the Auto-Host is already hosting someone else who is lower on the list so I don't have to keep manually overriding it each time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Suggested Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have noticed that the recent changes made to auto hosting has appeared to have removed auto hosting stream team members, this isn't a good look, as many of us liked being able to have other team members featured on our channels when we're not live, and depending on how many members are on the selected team, allowing us to have somebody auto hosted with virtually no gaps, which really went far with helping smaller streamers on the team get some degree of spotlight, and even a slight bump up their directory if hosted by a streamer who still had…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggested Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to incorporate the two current options of the Auto Host feature of (Select a random stream on your AutoHost list + Play from the top down)

I would like a line in the list, anything above that line gets played in order of online. Anything below the line gets played at random selection.

I have a few channels that run tournaments that I would like to have auto host priority, and then the rest tend to be my friends I would like to support. I'd like all my friends to have equal representation. While throwing my maximum…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suggested Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a LOT of streamers in my autohost. There are often times some of them will be live at the same time, and some stream way longer than others. It would be nice to have some kind of feature to change the channel/rotate the current stream being autohosted to the next one that is live, set on a timer.
    Like, every 2 hours, if someone has hosted for 2 hours, it searches for another stream that may be live in your autohost list and switches to host them.

I have a lot of friends who stream for 4-10 hours…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Background: I have a channel that I want to keep family friendly.

Use case 1: My channel is on a team that I want to support through auto-hosting. However, not every member of the team streams family friendly content. I would like to exclude those streams while still allowing the others without having to go through every member of the team manually.

Use case 2: A channel that I auto-host is usually family friendly but wants to, occasionally, stream something that is not. If that stream is marked as being for mature audiences, my channel should not auto-host that stream.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We are all still very confused when there is a raid and we can't host the next stop. People who are left behind, people who walked away from their computers, people who got the notice too late and clicked, come to an empty channel, or a channel with an autohost that is not where all our friends went.

Because you removed Twitch "friends", we can't see where our friends are that way either.

This is a daily frustration for us.

Idea: "Autohost raid recipient" option which works similar to how hosting used to work. If you enable this option, then…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suggested Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to sort my auto host by different ways. One being by their view count.

I know hosts/raids do not contribute to affiliate/partnership (From what I was told) but maybe supporting a friend or stream regardless of outcome would be amazing for them.

There are different ideas for auto hosting but this is the main one I would like to see.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. there is a 24/7 channel that i would like to auto-host

the problem is that since it is 24/7, it blocked all other auto-hosts

it was at the bottom of my auto-hosts list but that didn't matter

i would like auto-hosts to work like this:
    host 'channel' unless any of the other channel on my auto-host list or i myself go live

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Blocked Auto Hosts

there needs to be a list that blocks channels from auto hosting you
    this list would behave just like the channels to host list where you can add channels to the list but would show the recent channels that auto hosted you and you would be able to choose to add them to the list to stop them from hosting your channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST TO COMPLETELY ROLLBACK THE CHANGES TO AUTOHOST. IT IS ITS OWN SUGGESTION THAT I WAS ALREADY GOING TO POST.

The Directory is where people go to find specific content. If they are looking in the Hosts tab, then they should have ALL hosted content show up there.

You've heard from the community that we are not okay with having autohosts only appear on the channel carousel. We've told you about how it's the primary method creators have to support one another when not streaming or ending a stream, especially when others we're supporting are across…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was looking for a solution how to disable the "featured-content-carousel" on Google and there is a lot of people whitch wants the same. Need to create the option to disable the "featured-content-carousel" for the account. For me I'm forced to watch the stream of the guy who I hate every time when I click on the home page or enter the site. It makes me angry and I want to close the page. The "featured-content-carousel" need the option to disable it, and you'll see there will be a lot of people who will use it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently you can only ban someone from entering the chat, but it can still harm your stream if someone with harmful viewers hosts your stream and let's the new users to your stream that way. Of course they could just link your twitch page, but some people may not want certain users hosting their stream all the time.

I've been thinking about one viewer who's always on my viewer list and now I stumbled upon other users telling that it's a bot user who just hangs around random people's streams and hosts them.

I and many others were thinking we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?