Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We have an official game channel on Twitch -- we have tons of streamers that play the game, but (of course) most are variety streamers.

We'd love to autohost some of these folks playing our game, but it'd be awkward if we autohost them and they randomly play :any game that's not our game:. After all, it's the official game Twitch channel!

This would be useful to any themed streamers or gamers that only play x or y game. There may be variety streamers that play MOBAS but a LoL Twitch channel would autohost their friends only when they're playing…

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Hosts NEED to be on the "Live" in order for them to work as intended.

Basically auto hosts won't have any effect on viewer count as they are now after the changes. I had a group of underrated streamers on mine that could have really felt the impact of the dozen or so hard lurkers that always have my channel page open. This just makes it even harder to support small streamers, and HURTS discoverability. On the flip-side of this I had a few REALLY big streamers/ YouTubers that had me on their auto host list and literally every…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Setting a priority / list order for Auto-Host is kinda pointless if Auto-Host won't automatically switch to the streamers you prefer to host more (like a local friend or someone who streams your favorite games). That being said, I'm requesting an option for the Auto-Host settings that'll allow it to host someone higher on your Auto-Host List if they go live, even if the Auto-Host is already hosting someone else who is lower on the list so I don't have to keep manually overriding it each time.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If you have a stream paused or muted and a new channel is hosted, existing pause & mute settings are ignored after the host. If you leave a page up during the day or evening this can cause sound to suddenly start blasting from your speakers without warning. Please don't AutoPlay hosted channels if the open Twitch page has video paused, and please preserve mute settings.

Better yet, add an option in our user settings to auto-pause/mute hosted channels so viewers can manually opt-in to watching a hosted channel.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There are times when I don't want to load in to a new stream after the one I was watching is over.

Some examples are when I am alt-tabbed and playing a game.

For me personally, while playing a game I will always experience a spike in bandwidth usage while the new hosted stream loads in.
    Not all streams will use the same bitrate either, which is a concern, however I've not had issues with that problem so far.

Another example is when I am away from the computer, viewing twitch as it were actual TV.

Then inevitably having my…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have noticed that the recent changes made to auto hosting has appeared to have removed auto hosting stream team members, this isn't a good look, as many of us liked being able to have other team members featured on our channels when we're not live, and depending on how many members are on the selected team, allowing us to have somebody auto hosted with virtually no gaps, which really went far with helping smaller streamers on the team get some degree of spotlight, and even a slight bump up their directory if hosted by a streamer who still had…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why not jump from channel to channel.
    Example: someone get's hosted for 15 min (or predefined number of minutes), there's an option to leave 2 min (or predefined number of minutes) and host somebody else.
    An auto-rotation host.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. several channels seem to have inflated views by embedding their channels on wiki sites or other websites with high traffic. Are there any plans to address this so they don't skew the numbers for certain categories of games?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why do you punish large streamers with over 10k viewers that they can't raid? If it's a concern of overloading the viewer hosted, they can opt out if they don't want raids. If it's to avoid bots, maybe add a bot filter to weed out the bots so they get removed from the raid. If it's because the system can't handle that large of a raid, then perhaps upgrade the site's ability to handle it. In any case there are valid solutions that don't involve forcing a large streamer to tell their viewers who want to support the next stream…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to be able to sort my auto host by different ways. One being by their view count.

I know hosts/raids do not contribute to affiliate/partnership (From what I was told) but maybe supporting a friend or stream regardless of outcome would be amazing for them.

There are different ideas for auto hosting but this is the main one I would like to see.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right spot but I would love the ability to select people on the twitch team that I don't want auto-hosted. For example you're on a team and 1 member of that team is causing issues for other members and claiming they're cheating at a game without providing proof but the owner of the team has not yet chosen to get rid of them. I'd live the option to have team auto-host on but block that person from being auto-hosted. Currently you either auto-host anyone on the team or no one that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST TO COMPLETELY ROLLBACK THE CHANGES TO AUTOHOST. IT IS ITS OWN SUGGESTION THAT I WAS ALREADY GOING TO POST.

The Directory is where people go to find specific content. If they are looking in the Hosts tab, then they should have ALL hosted content show up there.

You've heard from the community that we are not okay with having autohosts only appear on the channel carousel. We've told you about how it's the primary method creators have to support one another when not streaming or ending a stream, especially when others we're supporting are across…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?