Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I live in Belgium and yes we have 3 oficial languages but I only speak Dutch(65%) not French(34,9%) or German(0,1%). so I want to choose to only see ads in Dutch and English no French no German

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop the fight against ad blockers. Not everybody is able to afford Twitch Turbo and those aren't people who you want to serve with ads, anyway, since they're low converters. Or do you want to sell ads to your worst viewers? The ones who don't spend money on your premium subscription are also unlikely going to purchase a product after seeing an ad and your advertisers will sooner or later figure that out when they see their low conversion rates...

Users who use ad blockers are annoyed by ads and naturally indisposed against companies who try to force their…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Streamers now have a Pre-Rolls Off Timer in the creator dashboard. This is a very nice feature, since they can see how much time is left, and they can keep the time up by doing short ads, opposed to doing 180s every hour. However, how are channel Editors supposed to know how much time is left on Pre-Rolls being disabled? They can't. The only way for us to know they're disabled is to torture our non-subs with 180s of ads every hour. 180s of ads is horrible though, and people leave.
    It would be a great help to the site,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Every time I log in to my account, I am greeted with a possibiltiy to manage personalized ads, and it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/8HUIhPP.png

By default, everything should be off unless I explicitly state I allow gathering my data.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. What I would like to see is people who hold multiple concurrent subscriptions, say 4 or 5 and up, to be allowed to have a site-wide advertisement-free experience.

Currently Turbo is the only option for an ad-free experience site-wide. Prime used to have it, but it was removed as a benefit for Prime (even though Prime costs more). Personally I find Turbo to be very unappealing for its cost, especially when I already have Prime which comes with most of its other perks.

I'd rather spend that money unlocking emotes in other streamer's channels as I feel it makes me…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. having pre roll count down on the twitch chat similar to where the hype train is - so streamers dont need to keep an additional browser source open to watch the dashboard.

Id like to be able to tell from within my obs software when ads are playing

you want us to run ads - please make it accessible and easy for us to do so from within our streaming software so the process isn't disruptive for viewers.

not good with photo editing but heres an example of how it could look

https://twitter.com/ellerows/status/1369553181076815876

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. remove ads for mods as we can have 100% conversation option if mods are not sub. then they do not have to wait for 4-6 commercials to hear what streamers say

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it an option to play ads while your stream is static (meaning the streamer is not at the computer) This would be a great way for streamers to remove pre-rolls without sacrificing any content for the viewers watching.

How it would work: Twitch detects a static screen in a channel with the settings enabled. It then sends out a 30 second ad (Configurable by the streamer) The streamer comes back with a happy audience and with pre-rolls disabled for newcomers.

I'm no developer but I'm sure there's a drop in bitrate used whenever the screen is static, there's also…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think there should be a way to "watch ad later". Lets say you can "save" up to like three ads to watch in another time. Once the limit is reached, you are "forced" to watch them. This would be good because sometimes we get in a stream in key moments and/or ads come up during key moments of the stream. That way we can save the ads for a moment when nothing really is happening on the stream or the streamer is taking a break.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The streamer I moderate for has a contract with Twitch where they have to run ads every hour. Sometimes they are busy with the game they are playing. Rather than having to post in chat a bunch to get their attention, it would help if moderators had the ability to start ads. Along with this, the moderators can't tell if the ads are successfully running if they are subbed. We have to constantly pester the streamer to know if they did ads on time. If there was some way for us to know the ads are running it would help…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There needs to be a way to stop ads playing for at least 1-2 hours. Taking a break every 30 minutes for a few minutes is just unrealistic and doesn't fit most content on Twitch. Longer ad break, every 2 hours or so would be much more agreeable I believe, especially when it comes with giving MORE agency to streamers. They know their community and their content the best

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I'm channel hopping I should be able to not get an ad if I saw a preroll in the last 30 minutes ago.

This'll also improve discoverability, as it'll be "nicer" for viewers trying to find something to watch.

PreRolls are too annoying to users trying to channel hop to find something/someone (new) to watch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We know ads suck but it's what allows free content..so the problem is that it's always the wrong time for ads, Especially when its down to the end of the game and we miss the Fing last battle because some ad pops up. How about a button that you can click when your streamer is in cue or going to the bathroom etc, and it runs the ads? yes it will still run ads as normal, however, if you are due for and ad to run in the next ten minutes, by clicking the ad button, it will skip the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As the title says, I'd like the ability to be able to determine when I watch ads myself and bank 'ad-free watch time'. If you feel like the stream is a little on the slow side of things, you can decide to watch an ad instead so you won't miss that one epic moment that you're waiting for. Preferably add the options for '30 seconds' '1 minute' and '3 minutes' of ads.

Would also say this shouldn't exclude you from the streamer's own ad break. If the streamer does an ad break themselves, it'd be nice if those ads counted…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable a parental filter on the ads to avoid disturbing ads for kids.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reward small amount of bits (1-10) to viewers for watching a streamer for a certain amount of time, and add the bits to their inventory. Ex. If you watch Twitch Rivals for 30 minutes straight, you get 5 bits, and so on for longer watch times.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Every time I request not to see a specific ad because it is either offensive/inappropriate, or is not in line with my interests, it's like the report just goes into a black hole.

I keep getting the same ads over and over again even after I have submitted a playback issue report.

The feature just seems to be there to make you feel like you're doing something, when in actuality it's being ignored, and Twitch (or maybe Amazon) is the ultimate arbiter in what ad you get to watch.

Please have this feature function properly, so people who wish to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you guys are going to completely FORCE ads down our throats, you need to do one of three things:
    1) By far the easiest solution - Make Ads Skippable after X seconds.
    2) Make ads something that pops up as a Picture in Picture in the corner or something when a stream is running. I honestly like this one the best because I honestly wouldn't have an issue checking out whatever is being advertisted as well as (and I cant stress this enough) NOT MISSING STREAM CONTENT because someone wants to run 7-10 15-30 second ads in a row.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I love supporting Twitch streamers but I do not have money. Therefore I would love a possibility where I can support the streamer by watching ads that I myself click on a button to watch. You could make a system so the streamer gets notified when someone has watched 20 ads, 50 ads, 100 ads etc. And maybe also write how much money example 100 ads are worth.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)