Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ads on twitch are too intrusive and impact chat's enjoyment of streams. So it would be great if instead of stopping us from watching the stream during ads, the small screen that appears at the top of chat would play ads (muted by default) at different time intervals.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. These ads are absolutely egregious. It's actually even worse than Network Television. It wouldn't be nearly so unbearable if it worked like Youtube and if the break was longer than like 20 seconds, you could choose to skip the ads after about 5 I might consider continuing to use this platform, as is when I go a channel and have to sit through a 30 second commercial realize I'm not actually that eager to be watching this streamer, and go somewhere else, usually off of Twitch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. -Adblockers were created because of ads with sounds and ads over content
    -Streamers gains almost nothing with ads
    -Bits, subs, and prime already support both streamers and twitch
    -You are part of the richest company on earth
    -Your boss makes more money in a day than some countries in a year

So why do you really want ads, it only push people away

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There needs to be a way to stop ads playing for at least 1-2 hours. Taking a break every 30 minutes for a few minutes is just unrealistic and doesn't fit most content on Twitch. Longer ad break, every 2 hours or so would be much more agreeable I believe, especially when it comes with giving MORE agency to streamers. They know their community and their content the best

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently the ads that play are considerably louder than the content on Twitch. There must be a way for ads to be played at the same sound level (an average of the stream perhaps), as the stream.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The streamer I moderate for has a contract with Twitch where they have to run ads every hour. Sometimes they are busy with the game they are playing. Rather than having to post in chat a bunch to get their attention, it would help if moderators had the ability to start ads. Along with this, the moderators can't tell if the ads are successfully running if they are subbed. We have to constantly pester the streamer to know if they did ads on time. If there was some way for us to know the ads are running it would help…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'm a subscriber and I just got a 3 minute chunk of advertisements YIKES the greed. Need to use adblock I guess...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hello. I am writing this concerning a video ad on Twitch, specifically one for an LG UltraGear Gaming Monitor. The advertisement video of this product has video scenes from a game, and to this plays EXTREMELY loud "fast" music, that starts with NO warning. I am autistic and have gotten several seizures when this specific ad comes on. If I'm not fast enough at ripping my earphones out of my ears when it starts playing. I understand that you might think this is silly, or my problem, as I can just turn down the volume.
    However, all other ads I've…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If I'm channel hopping I should be able to not get an ad if I saw a preroll in the last 30 minutes ago.

This'll also improve discoverability, as it'll be "nicer" for viewers trying to find something to watch.

PreRolls are too annoying to users trying to channel hop to find something/someone (new) to watch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Consumers need control over volume.

On 5% speaker and the lowest setting on Twitch audio bar, ad volumes still instantly destroy my Twitch experience.

I have left not 5, not 10, but over THIRTY streams in the past two weeks because I was unwilling to listen to MAX VOLUME ADVERTISEMENTS.

Pre-stream "you must go deaf before you qualify to watch a guy play lullabies on guitar" ads are a horrid experience. I wanted something to lull me to sleep, not a referral to a otolaryngologist.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pretty much all the ads that play while I watch a stream deafen me because they come on sooo much louder than the stream and most of the time I can't adjust the sound as I am tabbed out in a game. Maybe there's a way to keep ads and the stream with in the same noise range?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I saw many people posted their idea about Ads already. I will be on point. Ads are a way to get Twitch/Amazon and the streamer a bit more support, we all know that and we love to help if we can't subscribe. Recently Ads got more and more than ever used to be, this is mainly because maybe Amazon is pushing Twitch to pump more Ads but this is only my opinion. So ok, Ads got a lot more frequent, more than on TV! Sometimes even when you reload a stream or go to a new channel you get Ads…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What I would like to see is people who hold multiple concurrent subscriptions, say 4 or 5 and up, to be allowed to have a site-wide advertisement-free experience.

Currently Turbo is the only option for an ad-free experience site-wide. Prime used to have it, but it was removed as a benefit for Prime (even though Prime costs more). Personally I find Turbo to be very unappealing for its cost, especially when I already have Prime which comes with most of its other perks.

I'd rather spend that money unlocking emotes in other streamer's channels as I feel it makes me…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If you guys are going to completely FORCE ads down our throats, you need to do one of three things:
    1) By far the easiest solution - Make Ads Skippable after X seconds.
    2) Make ads something that pops up as a Picture in Picture in the corner or something when a stream is running. I honestly like this one the best because I honestly wouldn't have an issue checking out whatever is being advertisted as well as (and I cant stress this enough) NOT MISSING STREAM CONTENT because someone wants to run 7-10 15-30 second ads in a row.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love supporting Twitch streamers but I do not have money. Therefore I would love a possibility where I can support the streamer by watching ads that I myself click on a button to watch. You could make a system so the streamer gets notified when someone has watched 20 ads, 50 ads, 100 ads etc. And maybe also write how much money example 100 ads are worth.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. During a the last stream of dnd i had about 10 ads pop up. 2 of those were min combat which completely pulled me out of it and 3 were during intense dialog. This needs to be changed or you will lose a lot of your base.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. twitch premium: no ads, can stream at increased bitrate, can upload 5 personal emotes to use on any channel, special badge

$5 a month, or $50 a year

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Streamers that play ads often try to do so in a non-disruptive fashion, playing ads when the stream is least interesting to the viewers. However, interest is subjective. Why not add the ability for viewers to trigger ads beforehand, whenever they feel the stream is boring to them and they are receptive to ads.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. be able to skip ads

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Users sometimes dont know how much of an impact a sub does to themself especially how much annoying ad has been blocked. This will provide an insight or eagerness for a user to sub or turbo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?