Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

103 results found

1. It's currently only possible to gift to a specific user by clicking a few times. There is only the /gift {quantity} command.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A system, where a user can gift subs to the community, which the community can claim, and creators and mods can create a sub pool to collect subs, that can be claimed.

The creators can activate these under "Creator Dashboard > Affiliate / Partner > Subscriptions > Receive claimable Subscriptions"

The user, who gifts subscriptions to the community, can click on "Claimable Subscription". A panel opens up, that looks like this: https://panels.twitch.tv/panel-484294793-image-b03745c6-8228-4d17-9016-7213abf1a58b (sorry for the poor quality, but the compression really hit).
    In there, the user can title the claimable sub, like asking a question. To the question, the user…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I was just in a channel that had a Hype Train (300+) much higher than its active viewers (around 250), except many viewers in the channel did not receive Gifted subs. Gift subs should take precedence to active viewers in the channel and not just followers who may not even be watching the channel at the time of the Gifted sub

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Similar to bits it would be nice to have prepaid gift subs so i can buy x amount and give some to one channel and still have some banked, bits are just donating to the streamer which is cool but its always nice to donate subs and give to the community as a group+ the streamer and have a bulk one time buy rather that having multiple small ones if im gifting specific especially

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. While I understand it’s a nice thought and supports the streamer, I usually lurk in the channels I follow. I suffer anxiety and I’m painfully introverted and I don’t want to feel obligated or pressured into a subscription or into having to interact with people. I know people want to support their favorite streamers but please have an option for us anxious people to block gifted subs for followed channels (as well as the already existing option for unfollowed channels)

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new monetization features boosting and super chats both have 70/30 splits.

Gifting a large amount of subscriptions is a standard way of supporting your favorite streamer, and right now, that would be disincentivized.

The best way to fix this utilizes Tier 2 & Tier 3 subs. Nothing overwhelming happens when they are gifted. The viewer is hardly rewarded.

Some ideas:
    -have a bombastic animation play when a mass amount of tier 2 or tier 3 subs is gifted.

-add color and highlights to the text that displays what tier the subscription is.

-sub points & a sub store are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow a sub gifter to give subs "on behalf of" another user.

Inevitably, during a hype train or just as part of the regular course of a stream, someone who is normally an avid gifter or just a steady, regular viewer and active chat participant, will express regret that their current financial status doesn't let them gift subs or send bits.

It would be nice to be able for someone (anonymous or not) to gift subs "on behalf of @UserX". Just another way of sharing some of the love around. I think several of the streamers I follow and sub…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bit badges are kept forever in the channel they are earned, but gift sub badges will get removed once the last gift sub has expired. I don't understand the incentive to earn gift sub badges that we aren't allowed to keep, especially with higher amount gift sub badges becoming available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. However, I would like the option to not accept gift subs. There are lots of channels that I follow, but don't watch. Gift subs would be better suited to people who want to participate in channels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If your gifted sub and/or dono from stream labs does not show up on stream, you should be refunded. Why am I spending money for these things if I’d like them to show up on screen for the streamer and chat to see and it does not show?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When someone gifts a sub/subs, they should first be distributed to the people who are in chat at the time the subs are being gifted, if there are more gifts than viewers, or there are no more viewers to gift subscriptions to as they have all been gifted, it then should be given to followers who may not be in chat at the moment. Its a really good idea which would help with viewer retention and appreciation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would love to see SubGifter rewards, Bit Droppers get emotes yet people who gift subs don't get any perks.!
    even if its a couple of emote slots this would be huge.
    this would be another incentive for people to gift a sub or 2.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After you activate the "Block Receiving Gifts on Channels You don't Follow" setting, if you touch any of the three settings("Hide Progressive Gifter Badge and Gifts Given Count", "Hide Subscription Status in Chat Viewer Card", "Hide Founder Badge") below it, the "Block Receiving Gifts on Channels You don't Follow" setting is therefore disabled.

I had this experience before, so I made an ticket to the support team, but at this time, I couldn't reproduce it because I didn't know the exact cause, so I just let it go.
    However, this time, I find the cause and report it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dont Gift Subs to Non Followers it's disappointing when someone who has no intention of watching your stream is gifted a sub, maybe they came by for a minute or two and weren't interested, maybe you beat them in a game and they came by and said something rude then left, maybe they pulled it up on an alt account on their phone before switching to their main account to follow you. Either way it is a waste to gift subs to accounts that have no intention of watching your stream and is an insult to the gifter who's obviously…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If a user is gifted a sub they should get a $4.99 discount if they decide to upgrade their sub to a tier 2 or 3 sub.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Gifted subs are a great idea to in crease engagement in a particular community. However I do not for the life of me understand why a gifted sub can be give to someone who has never seen the channel.

Please implement a control that forced gifted subs to be given to people who have spent a "significant" amount of time in the channel.

For instance, I was recently gifted a sub to a channel I know nothing about, and have no interest in watching based on the content being aired. This to me is a waste of the gifter's time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As I gift subs often, I tend to get gifted subs in return a lot of times as well. Due to certain algorithms I assume, I sometimes get subs to channel I am not interested in and/or have never been to. It would be nice to get priority in gift sub bombs for channels you frequent often, or by means of some sort of wishlist, so that people know which channel(s) you'd like to get a sub gift the most.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've been monitoring gift-sub dispersal lately. I was just in a stream with 50 viewers and someone dropped a 10 gift-sub bomb. Only 2 users in the channel got a gift sub, the other 8 went to people who werent even in the channel. As usual I got passed over for a gift sub.

I think you should re-think your gift-sub dispersal algorythms.

Another time I was in a not so popular streamer's chat with 5 viewers, a 10 gift-sub bomb goes off and I get passed over. Seems Legit......

People who are actually in the stream where the gift…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So.. In the email, that small boxy bit where it says i gifted a sub to some streamer's chat, would you show the Unchanged Name of the streamer first? And only then list the name of their custom sub tier names.. This has caused me a lot of confusion and some good chunk of the email replying person's time to clear up it was not a hack, but a person i know i gifted to .w.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?