Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Username Recycling policy has to change.

Yes, I'm aware: per the recycling policy on the website, "Once you have changed your name, the abandoned usernames will be held by Twitch for a minimum of 6 months"

But they're clearly not being recycled. I've been waiting on an old name since the policy was announced, and it had already been changed for at least a year when it was. I had changed it as part of an effort to rebrand some aspects of creation, which has changed directions since then.

Six months is absolutely a reasonable amount of time, but these names are clearly not being recycled.…

26 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recycle username is an absolute joke - I've been waiting 6 years

Twitch's "recycle" policy is misleading and they're not true to their words.

I've been waiting 6 years to claim my old account's usenrame. According to the recycle policy, it says it'll take 6 months to 1 year before inactive usernames can be reclaimed by somebody else.

I can't be the only one who's been waiting to reclaiming usernames??????????

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why can't we take old, inactive accounts usernames?

Twitch's "recycle" policy is misleading and they're not true to their words.

I've been waiting 6 years to claim my old account's usenrame. According to the recycle policy, it says it'll take 6 months to 1 year before inactive usernames can be reclaimed by somebody else.

I can't be the only one who's been waiting to reclaiming usernames??????????

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow us to change our Channel Name!

Make it a paid option so no trolls can mess around with the names and impersonate others easily. I'd be down to pay a $20 for a name change.

This is a solid option and Twitch deserves it.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 253 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In Review  ·  Anonymous responded

We’re reviewing this. Curious how long you think would be ok.

6. Allow the reversal/change of localized display names

Since usernames can now be changed every two months, why not localized display names? Or at the very least allow them to be reset - since way too many people have made the mistake of switching to japanese or chinese characters (myself included) and are now permanently stuck with it. I won't go into how many problems it's caused me but wow does it suck. It would be great if this could be implemented.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separate Username and Channel Name

Since you are having difficulties for letting us change our username why don't separate the username and channel name? Or something like a broadcasting group sharing same Channel Name but with different Usernames. It will be relatively difficult to broadcast as a team and will be required to set up a new account using the group name. Why not just use current accounts join together to form a group with a group name, leader, co-leaders, broadcasters, admins, moderators, and automatic sync panels of the group creator. Twitch is meant to make people's life easier, isn't it.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make spaces in usernames possible

Just an option to make spaces avaliable in usernames :D

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)