Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

334 results found

1. I went to change my password today and had my password manager generate a random 100 character password. Twitch said "That password is too easy to guess" and points me at a page that just says it needs to be "at least 8 characters long". I get the same error with length 90 and 80. Through trial and error, apparently 71 is the maximum usable length.

It's unclear why there's a maximum limit, so I'd recommend removing that. Otherwise, the error message should indicate what the actual problem is.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to receive notifications when my clips are deleted by the system (with an indication of the reason) or by a streamer.
    Sometimes it is unclear whether clip violates the rules or simply failed to create.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This may require a bigger team of course to implement, but I just signed up for a freelance website and the sign up process, is actually an application to use this site. I was required to verify my identity via uploading a photo of my ID AND a verifying statement such as a paystub, utility bill, etc. And also address verification (or at least a mailing/billing address) which should be added to the account anyways since payment information is stored for subscriptions.

I know that twitch has a younger population so that may not work, but it may also be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many sites and developers will request ridiculously over-broad permissions when establishing a new connection. At present this can be worked around by altering the URL to trim excessive permissions, but is a hassle for sites that require re-authing every few days.

Adding checkboxes to each of the requested permissions to allow account-holders to remove over-requested (data-scraping) permissions and unsafe permissions would alleviate this greatly.

The only risk would be the third-party site erroring if an actually-used permission is deselected by the end user, while enhancing privacy prevention and user control to slap away over-invasive marketing data collection attempts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With the ongoing outbreaks of follow and hate bots "raids", the creation of multiple accounts is simply too easy to abuse on the platform. Creating an account on Twitch does not require an authentic email address before using its services: watching content, following a streamer, sending messages in streamers chats, modifying the account details, etc.

Many streamers are being harrassed by bots and "IP Grabbers" by:
    - Mass following streamers with inappropriate names and account details;
    - Mass spamming chats with obscene languages and characters (ex: racism, homophobia, transphobia, nazi, etc..);
    - Having extensions on their user profile which allows…

952 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a better way for old people using the app or have a human suport to help new users on how to create a new account. I have did a tutorial it my self that can be accessed here http://djrudphd.com.br/entrartwitch/ but I gess that is not enough . I guess a that a phone number should be get automaticaly when on a form starts to be filled and after it be sent, Twitch could sent login infos in an SMS with login infos or a button or a link to do the first login where user can fill other options…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If a viewer could select a favorite streamer which stream would start immediately within the first seconds after going live, so you don´t have to pay attention to notifications. A notification can be missed so easily, also they are too small. Not everyone is always connected to an email account. Also the follower list get´s updated too slowly.

I always miss my favorite streamer CookSux, don´t see the notifcation and see him showing up in my follower list too late, but he´s already online since 30 or 50 minutes or even 2 hours.

I hope that´s a good idea for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Now that sub/bit badges etc have been added to display on your profile when someone clicks on your name in chat. It would be nice to have the ability to hide these from public view if you want.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dans connexions je voulais me connecter a steam et j'ais eu "impossible de se connecter" alors j chercher et j'ais vu en tout petit Firefox a bloquer une fenetre popup et quand je l'ais ouverte c'étais la connexions a steam, si vous pouvez juste rajouter a coter de 'impossible de se connecter" vérifier si votre naviguateur ne bloque pas la fenetre popup ou quelque chose de se genre... sa faciliteras pas mal de personnes et pareille sur YT j'avais essayer sa ma mis erreur avec google en disant que mon mail n'étais pas connecter mais quand j activer la fenetre…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Before suspending users with inappropriate names, could you instead give them a 5 day warning to change? The suspension without warning seems very unnecessary if a person has had it for the longest time and suddenly got suspended. I believe lots of people could stop clogging suspension appeals with this, especially those who aren't genuine trouble makers with their names and people deserve second chances! Especially with usernames, my friend got suspended and there was no clear heads up on their suspension. They were watching a stream and bop! Banned without warning and for having an average name that never…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have wanted to change my twitch username multiple times, but I have decided against it because I do not want to have to go through the process of reintroducing myself to everyone that I have met previously in chats and talk them through me changing username. I am a moderator in multiple channels, and it would create a cluster if I completely changed my username. I think there should be an option when you change your username to TEMPORARILY put your old username in parenthesis next to your new username to avoid this issue. (An example of what I…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When linking your twitch to your discord, it auto gives subs to subs that have linked their account, now what would be good is that if this also could happen with VIP's!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't push notifications of a streamer I'm already watching to me. If I've been watching them for 2 hours, then I already know they are live. I don't need another notification later. Especially when they are about to end the stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I forgot the password to my account and didn't receive a single password reset email. I tried to verify my account through customer support but they said they couldn't verify it. Being as I don't have any of the information they request linked to my account other than my email it's a bit redundant. If there was a way of verifying via linked account such as a PlayStation Network account, or via a Discord account, it could make the whole process much easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Every time I put in the code that you sent me it says that it’s wrong and I’m getting pretty annoyed. Please send me the right code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Naam verandering verdienende accounts moet makkelijker gaan.

Voorbeeld: een niet verdienend account (niet partner/affiliate) heeft een naam die een affiliate of partner wil. Dan zou de partner/affiliate een aanvraag kunnen doen voor een naamruil. Dit omdat de partner/affiliate geld verdient voor de twitch site en de non dat niet doet. Zo heeft de verdienende streamer de naam die hij wil.

(volgensmij is dit er alleen voor partners en zou dit voor affiliates ook makkelijker moeten kunnen)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice if twitch loosened restrictions on usernames since so many are taken and they don't seem to get freed up.

For example allowing usernames starting with symbols (_username), as well as adding more symbols for use, such as '-', '/', '.', '|', '~', and other characters.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There should be something such as a page where people can search a username they want in order to check when it will be available.

This is especially necessary because previously used parter usernames are never available again, but as far as anyone is aware, there is no archive or list of those “never available” usernames.

Wanting a username that isn’t being used and trying to change to that username every day without knowing how long you will have to keep trying for it is absolutely exhausting and shouldn’t be something creators have to go through. Make it easier to…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hallo Twitch Team,

mir ist aufgefallen, dass bereits verwendete Links zum Zurücksetzen des Passworts weiterhin funktionieren (9 Stunden nach Verwendung des Links getestet)

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, aber das könnte eventuell ein Sicherheitsrisiko sein

Viele Grüße
    Max Bleh

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)