Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

320 results found

1. If someone goes by NameWasTaken and gets the emote prefix "name1" then changes their name to, say, NameVT, dont 'offer' the 'randomly generated' Prefix of "name1" to them again if they already have it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I already have 2FA. I do not want emails confirming a login, especially if it's from a known location. Please add an Unsubscribe option for this notice.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I use privacy mode in my browser, meaning it erases all temp data between sessions like cookies etc. Witch means that I need to verify that I am who I am every single time that I try to log in.

It's hella inconvenient as you can imagine. I'm not planning to add any personal data so even if my account is hacked I wouldn't care at all.

If you worried that somebody uses this option without realizing the implications just add a very clear disclaimer and/or limit some twitch functionality if an option is enabled.

Thanks in advance.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Twitch currently does too little to preserve the Digital Legacies of creators who have passed away.

Companies like Google, Facebook, Apple, etc. at least offer ways to assign a contact who will have access to your account if you pass away (without any long legal procedures).

Case example: with the upcoming changes to the Rerun feature, editors will no longer have access to it. This means only the streamer or someone who has access to the stream key can start a VOD Rerun. In order for Reckful's community to stay connected and keep supporting each other on Twitch, these changes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Requiring users to enter some code via sms every 30-days is just stupidity disguised as security theatre. These codes do nothing to further protect our data at-rest, nor do they validate identity. It's just another unnecessary hoop to jump through. If it wasn't a meaningless, pointless, futile exercise, you wouldn't have added a 30-day option to not-validate - you'd be validating with every new browser instance. We don't need another TSA in our lives.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. when I log into my account sometimes it says im on new device or location, but im not, it hasnt moved and i used it earlier today. and then it bugs me for an email code and so forth.
    very annoying. shouldnt happen.
    thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As it currently stands, Twitch Partners are not allowed to request Partner Support to change their alias to anything below 4 characters. I know that I along with multiple other Twitch Partners have ran into this issue when contacting Twitch support to try and remove extra numbers or special characters from our names. It has also been equally as frustrating for me and these other Twitch Partners when these name changes are continuing to be offered to the biggest Partners on the platform, but smaller or mid sized Partners are still rejected when they ask.

My suggestion is to allow…

515 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you select the "Prime gaming loot" button to the left of the notifications button, you are shown a list of notification of the possible loot to claim and for most you are able to clear these by clicking on the 'x' and it disappears but if it's the last of these notifications clicking the 'x' does nothing.

This was seen on chrome, ever since that tab's been updated to show the "All", "Free Games" and "Ending Soon" tabs

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd like to comment on something that I think it would be nice to have when changing your username, and what happens is that when you change your name the count on the number of subs you have gifted is reset and it's split in two different usernames (your old one and the new one). And, for instance, in the board of leadership of stream elements which is shown in some channels doesn't appear the total of subs concerning your account, and it's split in two as I said before. So, I think you could do something about that because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a means of alerting users of notable and significant changes to Twitch as these changes go live. Something similar is in place for creators and moderators in the form of the "What's New & Feedback" icon, but this does not always cover every change. People should be alerted to all changes, even cosmetic ones, especially if key features would be affected.

In particular, it would be good if there could be an option to sign up for a mailing list for announcements made via the Twitch blog as well as updates to the Community Guidelines. This would be especially…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a feature like youtube where you can add peoples emails to your account so those people using the emails can access your channel, like download, delete and highlight videos, etc. Ofc not sensitive info like payment methods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Some people may have old accounts that they had forgotten about. In my case. I have one without the numbers at the end of the name. I recently was able to log into it and would like to have the ability to swap the name with my current account.

If someone can prove they own both of the accounts, it would be nice for some way to swap them. If I change the name of the account with no numbers, there's no guarantee I'll be able to be the one to snag it whenever it gets freed up and that…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Seria bom uma opção de ver os aparelhos conectados e os seus detalhes: como ip, marca, localização e o modo que está conectado ou que tentou entrar, também tendo como renomear o nome do aparelho, assim como tem na Google, eu peço isso, pois invadiram a minha conta e só percebi isso 2 meses depois, e se tivesse isso, não teria rolado essa invasão e sim, eu olhei os e-mails e não tinha 1 indicando que entraram na minha conta

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to see the ability to toggle notifications for our followers.

Sometimes I don't want all my followers to see I'm going live, especially on days where I may stream multiple times. Some days I would like to go live without sending out any notifications.

Admin audit: added in additional words to title, so it's easier to find/understand idea from title alone

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is hateful you are disrespecting us Affiliates, and Partners, we should get the rights since of sharing exclusive VODs (exclusivity rule) with Twitch, and are restricted for 24 hrs to reupload (reuploading someone who is going live often is really difficult), I mean you are already getting huge splits of revenue by us, then you disrespect even our names in cases if someone of us dies?
    Recycle your customers which are non-affiliates, our usernames stay our usernames as so in Steam, and YouTube, just because some ducks disrespect us eagles it does not mean you need to listen to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Entering a phone number either to verify for chat or entering for 2FA, the code won't send.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. test

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SO when we join after a long time or was insecure about twitch when joining you may wanted to see your twitch account and when you joined or want to change your birth date. i was thinking if you changed your birth day then if you were verified then it will remove it or we can have a 1 time pass where you can change your birth dayonly one that's it

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Many usernames are banned on Twitch for no known reason. After a while, those suspended accounts should be released so that content creators can get a chance to use them for their branding. For example, the username "fairy" was made partner before it was banned. It would be very nice if a content creator could have that name.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PHONE NUMBER BUG. I removed my phone number from an old account and now that phone number cannot be used on any account even the on it was on before. FIX THIS SO I CAN USE TWITCH.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?