Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

232 results found

1. Using the unofficial Twitch apps that existed previously on tvOS, it was extremely easy to navigate stream recordings that are often 5-6 hours long. Since the official Twitch app debuted, all the third-party apps have ceased development, so we're stuck with the bad video controls of the official app. This could be solved by using the standard tvOS video control APIs that almost every other app uses. Examples:

1. While watching a long Overwatch stream, when the streamer was queuing for a match, I could easily tap the right edge of the trackpad to jump forward in small increments, until I…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When looking at chat on my TV the dark names can be very difficult to read on the dark background. Having the dark user names outlined with a light color would make them readable from a distance.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When streaming VODs at 1080p (perhaps more, my TV is 1080p) after about 1-2 minutes, the stream will stop and load indefinitely. This happens on my Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast v2/v1.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hey, my idea is for the twitch app to be on all smart TVs as YouTube is already on them so it would help people watch twitch on the TV (virgin media)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Similar to the Apple TV twitch app, bring functionality to interact with streamer chat via emoji or keyboard on the LG app

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have been using the Twitch app on the Chromecast with Google TV, and notice multiple times that the Chromecast will go to sleep while watching a stream after around 10 mins. Very frustrating.

Twitch app version: 6.0.0
    Android TV OS version: 10

Please let me know if this should be posted or communicated elsewhere.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have LG Oled TV. Everytime I use Twitch app, I have to hide chat before getting full screen of the stream. I suppose most of the users who watch streams from TV don't want to interact with chat since writing is not very convenient. I suggest you remove chat from default view from televisions or give users a chance to choose the default view.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I recently purchased the new chromecast with google tv, love it and love Twitch!

The problem is that using the twitch app on my TV routinely "times out" and sends the tv to ambient mode which shows pictures and the weather. I haven't been able to figure out how long it takes to time out but sometimes it seems like less than 10 minutes other times it plays for hours ... Might be stream dependent, but I am not sure what that would have to do with it.

I found some instructions on disabling the energy optimization I'm the chromecast…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When watching large channels (GDQ, Twitch's Main Channel, etc), the video constantly buffers and stutters only on the FireTV app. I have it streaming on both console, desktop and mobile to check and it always does it on those channels, but only on the FireTV app. I don't know if they use a special ingest server, or those streams are handled differently, but its only those channels, and it happens on every broadcast.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want to be able to listen to streams using set of powerfull voice commands on my Google Home Mini or Nest plus Amazon Echo devices with Alexa.

On top of that i wanna mannage my stream using voice commands to; place markers, host n raid channels, cast votes, mute chat, make a clip, kick viewers even.

Thirdly I wanna have ability to cast chat audibly using TTS sapi5 voices to the device, and create exceptions and replacment phrase lexicon to what is being read. Text to speach chat would be getting simultaniously played along with a streams audio.

In…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. (translated from German by DeepL)

Hello, Twitch,

since the release of your new Twitch app for AppleTV I have the following criticisms:

Home page:
    - Where can I set "my language" (german) so that under "Channels in my language" I am no longer shown ALL international channels with ALL languages?

Live streams:
    - There is no display of how long the current stream has been running (uptime).

Stream recordings ("Earlier broadcasts"):
    - The date from when the stream or clip is from is missing - both in the thumbnails and in the enlarged view.
    - The rewind and fast forward…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make available logging in so we can access followed channels

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dear twitch,

“gamestreams” is a great app for LG smart tvs (webOS) that allows one to watch twitch streams directly on the tv without the need of using some other casting devices. Unfortunately after the API V3+5 change/shutdown the app suddenly stopped working. I’m sure there are lots of people watching twitch on LG tvs and we’d like to able to do so in the future. After reaching out to the developer of the gamestreams app i got the following answer from Reemet Paabo:

“Yes Twitch.tv is closing down the V3 and V5 API endpoints that we are using and…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We need a app for twitch on the Vizio brand so people could watch twitch. And do watch YouTube does that they connect to your phone to your twitch with whatever video you were watching

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Twitch Watch Parties possible through FireTV! PLEASE?!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I love the fact my LG smartv got your app, but i can't login my account on it, so when i watch my favored streamers by him i dont get stuff like channel points or can interact in chat in any form... It's sad because watching twitch on TV has became more fun than on PC to me, so... this is my feedback.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Not really a TV app but closest category I could find, I think an Alexa Video Skill would be great for twitch as I would love to be able to watch streams on my Echo Show, seems strange that this isn't already a thing considering that Twitch is owned by Amazon lol, obv would then be able to utilise features such as connected Echo devices for surround sound as well as the 3D Sound and Subwoofer products they also sell for this ecosystem

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Watching twitch on the Fire TV (Stick) app is actually possible since the updates last year, but some features are still missing.

I logged into my account and was missing the tab for VODs of my followed channels.
    So there is no easy way to find out what streams of your followed channels you may have missed. Even if you know you missed one, you have to go to their page first which especially is a nuisance if you follow alot of channels which you have to scroll through. Using the remote control to search for a channel is even…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. On PC, when you finish one VoD, it basically loads up another vod for you to watch. I would like to see that functionality on the twitch TV app, as I enjoy putting on streamers vods while I play a game, or when I lay down for bed, and most of the streamers I watch don't stream for more than 4 or 5 hours, the current TV app will basically shut off once the video ends.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?