Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

779 results found

1. Re-enable swipe to change channel in iOS app Feature has been removed as of last update.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Broadcasting from abroad is fun, but it might be cool if there is an option in mobile to embed a 1920x1080 and 1080x1920 transparent PNG with a watermark, to keep the branding almost similar to OBS on Desktop.

The fitting watermark image should be selected by detecting the landscape or portrait mode of the phone, and with preparing it for landscape or portrait the quality doesn't look stretched. Also the positioning of each graphical element is ensured to be there as planned - regardless if landscape or portrait.

As this is a local thing, the 2 PNG's are stored local,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So it's been pointed out recently with some of the twitch app adjustments that we have options for Background Audio on Android.

This partly came as a shock, because: A) It's only possible to listen two audio specifically if they have encoder options for Video. B) After it was added into settings it was defaulted as "never" over the other two options.

While troubleshooting with a streamer and other individuals in chat, it seems that these options are not the same on Android and IOS; in that, Android has them -- IOS does not, is there a pending update or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. clips do not seem to be give the same amount of video to work with as a normal web browser. A browser gets well over 60 seconds of footage to pull a clip of up to 60 seconds from, but the mobile app seems to be limited to working with only 60 seconds of content total. Additionally, the start point of the usable clip data seems to be locked to 5 second intervals. This is apparent when trying to clip from a VOD. For example: clicking the clip button at 1:00:01-1:00:05 all give the same data to work with for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In order to
    utilize the iPhone XS Max’s huge screen you could move the video a little more to the left side where it would not conflict with the notch in order to have more unused black space at the right side for the chat because right now the chat blocks the right side of the video but there’s a lot of unused screen left. Would just make the viewing experience on the XS Max (or any other phone that has a big screen) a lot better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For some reason picture-in-picture stream pauses after pressing home or switching to another app. I don’t think this is intended behaviour, because in other apps video in pip doesn’t pause after switching. It’s not that big of a deal, but it gets annoying really quickly.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have downloaded the update for twitch and now whenever I hold my phone sideways I can't see what I'm watching fully because chat is 1/4 in the way of he screen. Making the chat almost transparent and then putting it on the full screen was possibly the worst idea you could have. I'm not asking for rollbacks, just fix this!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, there is no way to determine which parts of a vod are muted while looking at it on a mobile app.
    The desktop site already has this feature, and it can help determine whether a vod is worth watching or if it is all muted.
    Plus it would make it easier to know where to start and where to skip to next if you are watching a muted vod.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I watch YouTube on my iPhone I can tap the screen and look at the top to see my battery percent level. On the iPhone twitch app if your phone is sideways, so stream takes up the entire screen, you cant see what percent your battery is at, even if I tap on the screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Clips I've Created" dedicated section in Twitch mobile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Procreate is a mobile drawing app. This app supports live streaming but not to twitch where I have a community.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add an option to stretch the stream/VOD on the android devices with new aspect ratios (18.5:9, 18:9 etc). The native crop to fit are bad for streams.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to be able to edit dashboard options from the mobile app. Currently mobile website force redirects you to the app. The app dosent actually do much in terms of chanel managment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Android Widget that shows which of your followed/subscribed streamers are currently active. I use my phone a lot, and being able to view who is streaming from android desktop via a widget would be really nice. Grabs user attention more than a button to go inside the app and check when the phone is littered with buttons.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I love watching streams, but I absolutely hate the chat. I want to be able to enjoy it like I would something on my TV and not be bombarded by hundreds of messages a minute of crap I have zero interest in.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There needs to be an option to mute audio on the Twitch app. Some people enjoy listening to other music or audio while watching Twitch streams, and its not possible to mute single apps on Mobile devices. This should be easy to implement and would satisfy a large portion of the Twitch userbase.

320 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Ana responded

Hi, hi,

We've heard you and are happy to relay that we've launched an experiment for the mute button to some users, so that they can independently mute the app's video player! Please make sure you update your app to the latest version to see if you were chosen to participate. We are looking forward to your feedback here. Thank you!

17. While in fullscreen mode: allow the stream to go from landscape to landscape flipped without having the 'auto rotate' Android setting on.

The YouTube app works this way and I find myself missing it more than I expected when using the Twitch app.

In case the above isn't clear...
    1. Auto rotate is off
    2. Full screen stream
    3. Orient device to landscape
    4. Rotate device 180° (flipped landscape)
    5. Stream also rotates 180°

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It seems that live streaming is limited to a maximum resolution of 432p. This is much less than competitors which allow streaming at 720p or 1080p. Also, the lack of URL overlay support for cheer/tip notifications, similar to those provided by other apps like IRLTV and Teradek Live Air Solo, prevent this from being a viable alternative for serious IRL streamers.

These features would help make live streaming more popular using the Twitch app and help enable a one-device solution:

• Manual selection of stream resolution (480p, 720p, 1080p)
    • Either URL Overlay support or another notification avenue to notify the streamer…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tab with broadcasts which u have watch, but dont watch completely.

(it's more comfortable than search specific broadcast in channel)

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to see the title of the game being played by the followed streamer to appear on the mobile notification. For example, instead of "Streamer just went live!" it would say "Streamer just went live playing Game!"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?