Twitch 5.0 enhancements to live streaming on iOS
It seems that live streaming is limited to a maximum resolution of 432p. This is much less than competitors which allow streaming at 720p or 1080p. Also, the lack of URL overlay support for cheer/tip notifications, similar to those provided by other apps like IRLTV and Teradek Live Air Solo, prevent this from being a viable alternative for serious IRL streamers.
These features would help make live streaming more popular using the Twitch app and help enable a one-device solution:
- Manual selection of stream resolution (480p, 720p, 1080p)
- Either URL Overlay support or another notification avenue to notify the streamer of new cheers/tips/subscribers/follows
- Ability to change title/game in stream
- Ability to mod chat while streaming
- MPTCP support (iOS 11) to allow bonding of cellular and WiFi signals for increased stream throughput
Can we fix this? I been trying to stream on my Iphone X and I'm only getting 432p. I have perfect connection as well.