Twitch Applications: Mobile

1. Revert to the older version for the love of god

Please just give us the good old twitch app that everyone was used to and was able to enjoy not this torture piece of garbage useless junk that makes you want to tear your hair and punch a hole in the middle of your damn ipad which lacks most of the features people actually used the app for people were more than happy with the older version there was no reason to reform the entire damn thing

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Suggestion: Add option to disable swipe controls and make Vods more visible

An option to disable swiping left and right to switch channels should be added as the implementation conflicts with swiping left or right to bring up device navigation controls, as I ultimately end up switching streams accidentally when I try to bring up my device's system buttons or make the video smaller when swiping down to new notifications.
    Also viewing Vods and videos is very hidden away and should be brought front and center, say maybe instead of the useless pulse section. I couldn't care less what the community thinks I should watch.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sharing highlights with clips through streaming devices.

I'm currently running on a LG G6. Please make the clips streamable via chromecast. I would like to share highlights with my friends using this feature.The only options to watch specific clips is to "watch the whole video." I think twitch clips is a good feature and the fact that you can stream twitch from your mobile device to another device (like chromecast) is also great. But not having the ability to stream clips from your mobile device is very lackluster. It only makes sense to be able to stream the clips.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why oh why?

After several months of using the "new" twitch it still pisses me off how much worse it is then the old layout, that was just perfect. A few days ago you fixed the chat at least so it's shrink to fit. But still just about everything else is more confusing and frustrating to use. I remember the old layout with a tear in my eye, but guess I just have to deal with this shit.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Swipe to change videos? Chat section on mobile multitask?

So, swiping to switch to the next or previous video is just awful and was honestly a completely idiotic idea. I'm constantly accidentally switching to other stuff now and it's INTENSELY annoying.

Also intensely annoying is the fact that, when multitasking on the iPad Pro, which I frequently do while watching streams and VODs, if I bring up the keyboard, the section where chat will eventually be slides up and covers the stream until I hide the keyboard again.

Speaking of the chat covering the stream, in the newest release it just covers a quarter of the screen and there's…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Some feedback/ideas regarding 5.0 Twitch App.

As someone who watches Twitch primarily via an iPad pro, I wanted to give my two cents worth of constructive feedback about this new update.

I should start by saying that I like the direction it has taken, and many of my pet peeves from the previous version were fixed. Many many thanks to the devs for the hard work that has been poured into the app.

There are still, however, things that I think could use improving for better user experience.

- Landing page: I understand the choice to make "Live" the first page users land on, but this…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a follow option when clicking someone's name in the chat on mobile

When u click a name in the chat on mobile u get add a friend ..whisper..mention..and block..it would be nice if follow was added..some of us streamers can come across friends in other chats and that would be very convenient

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New update sucks!!

It's glitches, the format is confusing, I was super used to the old version let's go back to that!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please roll back to the old version for iPad the new is totally shit no chat in wide screen mode and you switch always streams accidently

Please roll back to the old version for iPad the new is totally shit no chat in wide screen mode and you switch always streams accidently

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Think over your mobile app.

The new App is a hot mess of over-reaching functions that do not in any way improve viewer experience. The move from a a simple streaming platform into a hybrid of social media/streaming is mistake that I simply cannot get understand. There are better social media platforms out there and it feels like Twitch has played to its weaknesses instead of its strengths. This could easily be solved with increased customizibility.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Twitch 5.0 enhancements to live streaming on iOS

It seems that live streaming is limited to a maximum resolution of 432p. This is much less than competitors which allow streaming at 720p or 1080p. Also, the lack of URL overlay support for cheer/tip notifications, similar to those provided by other apps like IRLTV and Teradek Live Air Solo, prevent this from being a viable alternative for serious IRL streamers.

These features would help make live streaming more popular using the Twitch app and help enable a one-device solution:

- Manual selection of stream resolution (480p, 720p, 1080p)
    - Either URL Overlay support or another notification avenue to notify…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. chat bar

So it is not possible to have the chat bar on the right side anymore on ipad?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reinstate the info button for donations

Put the info button back so we can donate to streamers live on mobile. You've taken away a useful feature and are curtailing spontaneous donation. Bits are not a good replacement feature

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Being able to browze normally again

Befote the changes, I was able to filter streams by language, being Finnish, now I can't do that any longer. Also not being able to browse communities has been making me unable to find streamers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Put a clock somewhere on the screen whenever you tap it

I used to tap the screen to see the current time, now I have to minimize Twitch and it's just an inconvenience. Please put a clock somewhere in the "black bar" zone.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back Airplay

Please please please bring back Airplay support! The current situation is completely unusable (unless I'm doing something wrong). The only way to use Airplay now is to screen double. Not only does this mean I can't use ANY other app on my iPhone/iPad (iPhone iOS 10.3.2) while playing, but it also stops playing after about 20 minutes and my TV goes blank. I've tried in both play in background (worse) and not. Currently the app is not acceptable for use on the big screen.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cinema Mode for IOS

Pls create a Cinema Mode for IOS like you have for the PC version, so I can see chat and stream at the same time but at fullscreen

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Screen/Window State bug on view post screen

On iPhone, when you click on a post to enlarge it, if you swipe From the right side of the screen leftwards, the chat pane will slide out. This should not occur since you are currently viewing a post and not the actual screen that holds the main interface. To be precise, you can do this on the screen showing the full post text and the options to close the post or delete it (trash icon). While this isn't a really serious bug, it's still one of those small bugs you'd probably want to get rid of to polish the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base