Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

223 results found

1. It would be nice if we could send only the video to a device like a chromecast but keep the audio on your phone / tablet. This way you can use your headphone so your not disturbing everyone for those late night watch :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great to be able to edit dashboard options from the mobile app. Currently mobile website force redirects you to the app. The app dosent actually do much in terms of chanel managment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For mobile, tablets or app on the ps4. It would be awesome to have an autoshutdown if you fall asleep, like I do often. Maybe with a custom timer for individualy shutdown time.

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love watching streams, but I absolutely hate the chat. I want to be able to enjoy it like I would something on my TV and not be bombarded by hundreds of messages a minute of crap I have zero interest in.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. While I'm browsing around the various streams, I would like to be able to 'back' to the list I was looking at, rather than start my search all over again. Right now, I go, Browse, [Games/Communities/Popular/Creative], Section, Stream. Then I have no means to go back to were I was (when I hit Browse again, the stream I'm watching goes bottom right) it would be good if it remembered the 'section' you were in and show the same list, then I could move onto the next stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to see the title of the game being played by the followed streamer to appear on the mobile notification. For example, instead of "Streamer just went live!" it would say "Streamer just went live playing Game!"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Procreate is a mobile drawing app. This app supports live streaming but not to twitch where I have a community.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. They new Twitch App is using an own Player or sth? There is no volume slider anymore. So if you want to make it louder or quieter you have to use the buttons on the iPad itself and unfortunately they suck. I prefer using the slider in the player.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It seems that live streaming is limited to a maximum resolution of 432p. This is much less than competitors which allow streaming at 720p or 1080p. Also, the lack of URL overlay support for cheer/tip notifications, similar to those provided by other apps like IRLTV and Teradek Live Air Solo, prevent this from being a viable alternative for serious IRL streamers.

These features would help make live streaming more popular using the Twitch app and help enable a one-device solution:

• Manual selection of stream resolution (480p, 720p, 1080p)
    • Either URL Overlay support or another notification avenue to notify the streamer…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello! I was just writing to suggest a landscape UI for the Twitch app on iOS. I'm sure many people watch Twitch on their phone in landscape mode, so I'm sure many people turn their phone to landscape mode before they open the app like I do. Once I open the app, though, I have to return my phone to portrait mode in order to navigate the UI before I can turn it to landscape again after picking a stream to watch. Is this in the works right now?

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add an option to stretch the stream/VOD on the android devices with new aspect ratios (18.5:9, 18:9 etc). The native crop to fit are bad for streams.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Prevent the screen from auto-locking when using AirPlay on iOS. I want to be able to read chat on the device normally while the video is sent to an external screen via AirPlay. Currently I have to disable auto-lock on the iPad to prevent the device from locking and chat disappearing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tab with broadcasts which u have watch, but dont watch completely.

(it's more comfortable than search specific broadcast in channel)

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Who wouldn't want to use Kappa or PogChamp through text messages? Am I right??? We need to make this happen! This idea was brought up back in 2015 and no one has since then voted more than three times. Well let's change that with this one. If you think this is a great idea, join me by voting up on this. Let's do it. MingLee.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Basically there is a pretty big problem with the mobile app and Twitch Chat: It wastes a lot of data, and a lot of battery. In big channels, specifically Esports events, there can be upwards of 100,000 people in the stream and there are hundreds of chat messages every second. This is where the problem lies, it eats your battery and you can say bye to your data.

My proposed change is to simply add a new mode that can be found in the viewing settings that allows you to just have the video fullscreen all the time (like it…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There needs to be an option to mute audio on the Twitch app. Some people enjoy listening to other music or audio while watching Twitch streams, and its not possible to mute single apps on Mobile devices. This should be easy to implement and would satisfy a large portion of the Twitch userbase.

320 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Ana responded

Hi, hi,

We've heard you and are happy to relay that we've launched an experiment for the mute button to some users, so that they can independently mute the app's video player! Please make sure you update your app to the latest version to see if you were chosen to participate. We are looking forward to your feedback here. Thank you!

17. BTTV is an amazing application that helps a lot of users with minor things that become a necessity after using for so long. I love being able to see all the BTTV emotes on twitch but the twitch application doesn't allow these. I also am a BTTV Dark user and on mobile we have to stare at the white background. They have recently put in a host button that shows under the channel you are watching. This means we can instantly click a button and boom the hosting is done for us with ease. Endless options for many people will…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hey everyone,

someone who has their entire phone in English (since most stuff is English regardless, and others can be set), think the twitch app should really have the option to have the app in a specified language. It's great twitch tries to translate, but for me it's really uncomfortable to see the app in my mother language.

Tl;Dr change app language

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. So the latest update for the mobile app introduced channel suggestion based on your language.
    http://i.imgur.com/OKiAjRl.png
    Those appear in every game directory and on the channel directory. It would be nice to have an option to disable those. I rarely watch streams in my own language and this takes up a lot of unnecessary space for me. A polish friend also finds those rather annoying so I guess I'm not alone with this.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have theater mode on twitch app for like tablets and iPads and such, I think this would be a great addition to the Twitch mobile experience.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?