1. 404 page not found

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dear Twitch team!

This page (and the support team) doesn't help resolving the issue of granting Owner status to another user, how this can be achieved? Can I as an Owner pass this title to another user?

Thank you in advance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Kraken API for querying videos lists the available resolutions for archived broadcasts and current streams. The new API does not.

https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-videos

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In V5, it is possible to get all emotes that existed on the platform via both
    "get-all-chat-emoticons"
    and
    "get-chat-emoticons-by-set" (when no sets are provided)

This currently has no equivalence in Helix, and also has no listed migration path.

This request is to create an endpoint that returns the list of all emote sets (and ideally their last update time) such as "get-all-emote-sets". This would allow a user to then get all emotes via the "helix get-emote-sets" endpoint that currently exists.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Both of the APIs for getting subscriptions for a broadcaster don't include the actual date of the subscription with the data:

https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-broadcaster-subscriptions
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#check-user-subscription

This makes it impossible to compute things such as subscription length dynamically as the only way to get subscriptions dates now is to be listening for the subscription event itself when it occurs. The V5 version of these APIs have this data point in them:

https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/channels#get-channel-subscribers
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/channels#check-channel-subscription-by-user

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to see more than one user per schedule API query. Similar to querying the streams and channel information from up to 100 users. That would be of great help with the rate limits.

Best greetings ^^

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add a JS Helper function

Which is the equivalent of window.Twitch.ext.viewer.sessionToken but for the helixToken of window.Twitch.ext.viewer.helixToken.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I think streamers should have option to stream audio channels seperately, so viewers could change their volume according to own preferences. Sometimes you just want to chill to music or focus on the game. Also sometimes it just plain hard to hear what streamers have to say if they have adjusted volume levels badly. I think there should be default volume levels adjusted by streamer and then you could change them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When creating a Drop, it would be great if you could set it up to give the viewer an option to choose "x" number of Rewards from a pool of "y" options.

Examples:

1. The viewer is presented with the options of an Ultimate Ball, a Super Ball, or a Mega Ball as their Reward, and they're allowed to pick one.

2. The viewer can choose two items from the following: coins, a skin, a beta-access key.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The new prediction/polls APIs are very welcome, but it would be useful to know who started/locked/ended a prediction.

Maybe to display info to chatters who to talk to about the rules of the current prediction or maybe to log potential abuse of predictions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When viewers cheer, they use cheermotes and commonly emotes in their cheer messages. Unfortunately, the payload received from EventSub's channel.cheer callbacks only have the raw text as entered by the user, with no indiciation of which portions of that text are cheermotes nor emotes. Thus, I propose the following update to the callback payload, similar to the channel.subscription.message event, that passes along the data for both so that a consumer of EventSub can reconstruct the message:

{
        "subscription": {
        },
        "event": {
            "message": {
                "text": "Rah Rah Cheer! cheerwhal1 Cheer100 notACheer101 finite6ThrowBall",
                "cheermotes": [
                    {
                        "begin": 16,
                        "end":
    10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  2 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Emotes are a commonly used feature of Channel Point Redemptions requiring messages. Unlike the EventSub Subscription Message events which provide emote ID and placement data, Channel Point Redemption events do not. I propose the following change to the Point Redemption notification payload:

channel.channel_points_custom_reward_redemption.add and channel.channel_points_custom_reward_redemption.update:

{
        "subscription": {
        },
        "event": {
            "user_input": {
                "text": "Channel Point Message! finite6ThrowBall",
                "emotes": [
                    {
                        "begin": 24,
                        "end": 40,
                        "id": "emotesv2_4133039724974aa59589549eae677d03"
                    }
                ]
            },
        }
    }

This allows for a client to properly construct the channel point redemption input, with emote images, similar to the channel.subscription.message event.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Step 2 is failing successfully with {"total":0,"data":[],"maxtotalcost":10000,"total_cost":0,"pagination":[]}. Why is this so ridiculously impossible to use? I've built API integrations with over 20 different web apps. This one is BY FAR the most difficult to use. All I'm trying to do is set up a webhook so that streamers can join my software and see when people subscribed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. this doc freaking sucks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hello Twitch
    I would like open a discussion about me partnering with you in order to assist in Twitch allowing Twitch to be made specific to a brand of smart glasses that I use. I've been observing Twitch live-streaming for sometime now and believe the this streaming application can be opened up to many more different formats, and no doubt you believe this of course.

I'm a very early adopter of smart glass technology and have already utilised smart glasses for an array of applications such as being the first to live stream a wedding using smart glasses and would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For example when I request emote set 300548756 (The rpg limited time emotes) It only returns RPGAyaya when I as a user possess all of that emote set. other limited time sets do the same with some not returning any emotes at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/eventsub/eventsub-subscription-types/#userauthorizationgrant

Please extend user auth grant to include

• all scopes shared between ClientID and userID
    • new scopes added to the relationshio when the auth occured

Possible use cases include: auto determine from this eventsub, what other eventsub topics to auto create.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Currently, trying to access a development server with a self-signed certificate gives a "x509: certificate signed by unknown authority" error.

Being able to use development servers that are not on localhost (e.g. example.lan), would be really helpful when it comes to testing EventSub events.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Twitch CLI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. With the addition of animated emotes there is no way to tell from the emote API responses of GetChannelEmotes and GetEmoteSets if a new emote ( id starting with "emotesv2_") is a normal emote or an animated gif emote without downloading it and checking the file contents.

Would be nice to have either a "format" field that tells you "png" or "gif", or at least a "is_animated" bool field for each emote.

Use cases: Whenever you wanna show emote stats or emote info for a channel (like in a chat clients or stats website or emote panel) you often wanna…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?