There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. With the removal of the Follow Create endpoint.

A "non moderation bot" can no longer be automatically added to a channel.
    The owner of the bot would have to "login" to the account and manually follow the channel(s) the bot joins.

A "non moderation" bot doesn't run moderation commands, so giving it "mod" wouldn't make sense. (Which would bypass the follow requirement)

Please provide a way to "authorise adding a bot to a channel" that will auto follow the bot to the channel. For this purpose

This could be similar to how Discord does bots, where to add a bot…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Investigating  ·  5 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where's the link to the tutorial?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Similar to https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310213-developers/suggestions/42562003-bans-who-did-the-action

But extended to the Helix API.

It would be useful to add who did a given "Ban Event" to the Get Banned Events for "service restart catchup" when using eventsub.

And useful to add it to the main "get banned users" for determining as a moderator using a tool the history or a user and to check with that moderator why that user was banned, but can't since the API doesnt' report who did it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The example curl request here:
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#check-automod-status
    Doesn't work.

1) It needs a broadcasterid query param
    2) It needs the content-type header (application/json)
    3) I get a 500 error using the provided "user
    id"s in the post body, using other user_ids works

I spent more time than I care to admit figuring this out, so it seems like fixing this will probably hep somebody out in the future.

If these three things are fixed the call succeeds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Endpoint to check if userID has a known bot or verified bot flag.

Which currently exists as a undocumented v5/kraken endpoint.

usercase: what rate limit does my bot have? I can check if my bot has mod but I can't check if my bot has verified bot.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. So I'm trying to do a multi-room audio solution with Mopidy (https://mopidy.com/) and Snapcast (https://mjaggard.github.io/snapcast/), and I'm following many DJs on Twitch, and tune in for the music. I'd like to be able to have a Mopidy extension to be able to receive and listen to Twitch streams from the server, without having to use my phone or anything.

I don't mind if I need to login/OAuth token, I don't mind for the usual occasional audio ads, I just want to be able to access the AUDIO stream so I can listen to it more conveniently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please provide a topic(s) that emits events when

• a segment "definition" (recurring or one off where supported) is updated created or destroyed
    • channel creates a vacation segment.

It wouldn't notify when we get to monday/start of week and the schedule is "built"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be useful if the following values could be added to each emote:

• Channel Name (e.g. "owner name") - Obviously the name can be retrieved from the "owner id" by doing another API request, but it would be nicer to require fewer API requests
    • Tier - The "Get Channel Emotes" endpoint already contains a "tier" value, it would be nice if this one would also have it

Additionally, not all emote sets appear to be supported by the endpoint. For example the following emote sets (from the "emote-sets" tag and also valid emote sets in the v5 "Get User…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Timestamp is not working properly when clicking on the twitch logo on an embedded VOD video

When clicking on the twitch logo of an embedded video of a VOD, the normal behavior should be that it goes to another tab and opens the VOD with the timestamp working. However the behavior that is shown in the video and through my experience is that due to the link/url including "/?ttcontent=twitchlogo&tt_medium=embed" after the timestamp, it invalidates the link with the timestamp.

[https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044994951?t=3h47m46s/?tt_content=twitch_logo&tt_medium=embed]

[https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044994951?t=3h47m46s%2F%3Ftt_content%3Dtwitch_logo]

If the link was instead "https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044994951?tt_content=twitch_logo&tt_medium=embed&t=3h47m46s", it would work as intended.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The new GetChannelEmotes endpoint does not return the correct image url for gif emotes.

For example on Lirik:

for an animated emote it returns the url:

https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/emotesv2_53ff77f7c67641528739780d90568494/1.0

When in fact the correct url should of been:

https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v2/emotesv2_53ff77f7c67641528739780d90568494/default/light/1.0

At the moment all gif emotes are given png url's.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is the intended behavior. We will be updating the documentation to make it clearer that static images are returned and we will also be documenting the CDN URL schema to request different aspects of the emote (e.g. static/animated, light/dark/, etc)

11. The v5 GetUserEmotes does not include bit emotes, follower emotes or animated emotes. This should be updated. Or a new endpoint should be added to Helix to get this information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When a user connects to IRC, the USERSTATE command gives a emote-sets list, this does not contain unlocked bit emotes and I'm guessing it also doesn't include follower emotes and animated emotes. This should be fixed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Could you add an endpoint equivalent for the Get User Emotes endpoint? my application uses the old one to show all the emotes a user can use but its not getting updated to support the new kinds of emotes being added to twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The TZIDs in https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference/#get-channel-icalendar are currently prefixed by a / so they are /America/New_York for example. Removing the leading slash should vastly improve compatibility with iCal parsers (since the timezones are essentially IANA timezones then).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right now there is a limitation of the Custom Rewards API that makes it so a client can only update the custom rewards (and their redemptions) that it has created. However, with EventSub we can receive notification of any Custom Reward, regardless of whether the client created it or not. This means you can write a client to take some action upon Custom Reward Redemption, link it up to a preexisting Custom Reward, and it will take action. But the Client will never be able to programmatically mark the Redemption as FULFILLED, because the client didn't create the Custom Reward…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Limits like max length for transport.secret property would be good.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In the subscription fields definition, both cumulativemonths and streakmonths are listed as strings when they are very clearly integers.

Further, it would help greatly with readability if the fields were listed in the order they appear in the supplied JSON snippets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Given that EventSub only uses an App Access Token.

It's possible for a developer to obtain user authentication and never store the token (and/of refresh token if one exists (ie implict has no refresh)) and only utilise EventSub.

Please provide an endpoint

https://api.twitch.tv/helix/users/scopes

With a required parameter of:

id - a userID

That accepts ONLY An App Access Token

That returns

{
    data: [
    'array',
    'of'
    'scopes'
    ]
    }

To allow developers to check what scopes a user has authorised the developer/ClientID to utilise

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This Kraken endpoint provides the emotes a user has access to: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/users#get-user-emotes

A similar functionality would be nice for the new API as well. It should contain all emotes a user has access to, for example Global Emotes, Subemotes, Bit Emotes, Emotes unlocked by Channel Points and so on (the Kraken endpoint is unfortunately missing some types of emotes).

The emotes returned would be for the authenticated user, with an appropriate scope required.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The addition of the Emote Library that is coming soon is a fantastic addition, this is great for solving the issue of disparity between partners and affiliates on emote variety, without undermining the parner program and is a fantastic compromise.

I would like to suggest the addition to the Twitch API to allow for enabling and disabling of active emotes from the Emote library via a privlaged API call from a token with sufficient privlages through oAUTH.

An example of the proposed usecase would be 4 API calls:
    -Activate Emote [Params: Emote ID, (Optional: Emote Slot)]
    -Deactivate Emote by ID…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?