Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When streamers improperly tag MSFS but stream these lower quality sims it deters potential new users of MSFS because they associate the poor quality of those older sims with the new sim.

This also puts streamers who are exclusively streaming MSFS at a severe disadvantage for growth when streamers take advantage of tagging MSFS just for the views.

This practice of tagging MSFS and then streaming P3D, XP, FSX, or DCS is also against Twitch's TOS and needs to be addressed.

[edited by admins to remove usernames]

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. These categories are all part of the same games.

Neverwinter Nights:
    * Neverwinter Nights
    * Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
    * Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
    * Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker
    * Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide

There is also Neverwinter Nights 2:
    * Neverwinter Nights 2
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate

Combining these categories would mean it would be much easier for viewers to find streams of the game they are looking for. The extra categories are just dlcs or an enhanced edition…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tomb Raider: 10th anniversary edition is a never released game by the original Tomb Raider developers Core Design. This game recently was made playable by the fans and is regularly updated.
    It would be great to have it as a special category since more and more people stream it. Right now we have to use "Tomb Raider Anniversary" category which is not relevant to this game as "Anniversary" is a different game by Crystal Dynamics.
    Some proof how popular and important Anniversary Edition is for the gaming community:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2021/01/09/you-can-now-play-this-cancelled-tomb-raider-remake/

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/7/22219080/tom-raider-10th-anniversary-remake-lost-playable-internet-archive

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-07-original-developer-of-tomb-raider-tried-to-salvage-cancelled-10th-anniversary-edition-with-indiana-jones-and-national-treasure-pitches

https://www.techradar.com/news/how-to-play-the-newly-resurfaced-tomb-raider-remake

https://www.svg.com/309445/you-can-now-play-this-canceled-tomb-raider-game/

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Categories as they are are a bother to search through. Looking for Pokémon games? Well, look through all these people that have "pokémon" in their names, then all over these streams that might not be for Pokémon!

Categories nesting with Sub-Categories could change this altogether. Let's say we would want to look for Pokémon games. We'd type "Pokémon", head into the "Pokémon" category and look at all the streamers doing different games. If we want some more precision into the category, different sub-categories like "Mystery Dungeon" or "Main Titles" could work, so on and so forth until you reach the…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Condense all versions of RPG Maker (MV, XP, VX etc.) into just 'RPG Maker'. This will mean that RPG Maker streamers get more traction & exposure if everyone points to one singular, all-encompassing category.

If that's not possible, even just an 'RPG Maker' tag would be enough, so that people can just stream into Science & Technology with that tag attached.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hello, there are an increasing number of video artists using twitch, but no good category to bring them together. Some use 'Art' but tend to get lost in the sea of traditional artists (painters, drawers etc). Some use 'Music' since their video art is often accompanied by music, but again the focus of that category isn't really right for what they're doing.

Most of the video artists I'm aware of are either generating artistic moving video patterns from scratch (like '70s-style psychadelic music videos, but moving far beyond that with modern technologies) or curating, reshaping and modifying pre-existing video (glitch,…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I saw it was marked as "Completed" that the pokemon directories were fixed but they really are not.
    Can you please merge Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, Diamond,Pearl, Platinum:
    Some are still completely on their own and are even missing the cover images from the recent changes. (Look at Let's Go Pikachu for reference)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. What else do we need in our Nerd Life? Correct, the new Category from Digimon 2020 TCG.

Please vote this Up guys <3

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I think it would be nice to put my stream under both Art and Makers & Crafting at the same time, since I often do both art and crafting in the same stream, or do crafts that approach art, or do art that qualifies as crafting.

I also see a lot of people playing a game while also playing stream raiders, so being able to designate both stream raiders and the game they are mainly playing would be nice.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The following titles are the original and ports/expansions of the same game:
    * Phantasy Star Online
    * Phantasy Star Online ver. 2 (expansion--note this is different than Phantasy Star Online 2 which is a different game and should be separate)
    * Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (port + expansion)
    * Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus (essentially just a patch!)

This was previously proposed and implemented with https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discovery-browsing-and-searching/suggestions/39303526-combine-the-5-phantasy-star-online-categories -- since then, the implementation was mostly undone, with all categories except Blue Burst mysteriously returning without announcement or explanation.

When the categories were consolidated previously, it was…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Afterbirth is an expansion of Rebirth and is on Twitch but Afterbirth+ which is an expansion of Afterbirth isn't on it. Plus, the game is in IGDB. And there will be Repentance (which is an expansion of Afterbirth+) at the end of March. It will be weird to have every expansions on Twitch but not Afterbirth+

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Right now it is WAY too hard to find streamers who are actually singing or playing instruments. I get so frustrated browsing the Music & Performance category because the content I'm looking for is always, ALWAYS buried beneath an absolute mountain of DJs broadcasting their gigs at clubs or mixing prerecorded music from home set-ups.

The funny part is that I don't even necessarily -dislike- EDM! My fondest memories of the late 90s are pretty much a blur of party drugs and glow sticks thanks to the underground rave scene. That said... these streams are too numerous and it feels…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I follow about 30 games and yet have no way to see a list of all the channels currently streaming those games.

We have a list of every single live channel. We have a short list of streams we may like. But if I want to raid someone new playing a game I follow, I need to open 30 tabs and go through them looking for the tags, viewer count, or overlay that appeal to me.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello Twitch,

Can we update the category cover image for "Just Chatting". I think it needs an overhaul, and I think this would look much better.

https://imgur.com/a/IU9Oo7n

https://imgur.com/a/P8UYF7Y

Regards,
    Hamatzu

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. As it says - there's a whole community of us who do Live Reading on the platform, with a substantial audience for it as well.

Be it books, poems, articles, funny stories from reddit, or whatever else.

Yet we have to use the category 'Just Chatting' and add the 'Reading Aloud' tag.

Given that there's countless categories for super-niche hobbies and content, a proper category for the most universal hobby in existence would be good (especially as lots of lurkers enjoy live streams almost like a podcast or audiobook anyway).

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hi! The fact that the "Go" Category has the "Mobile Game" tag has bugged all of us who use it for a while, as Go is not a mobile game, and is in fact a board game. I would suggest replacing it with "Strategy".

If this isn't where I should bring this up, please tell me where I can contact someone that can remove this tag.

Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello,
    My name is Jason, A.K.A. Lone Lee, I have been making music for 10+ years. I believe that the majority of music producers on twitch are really suffering from the combining of live music performance and music production categories into one.
    Here are some reasons why these should be separate categories:
    1. People who are looking for one or the other will be discouraged to scroll through the list to find what they are looking for if there is a lot of irrelevant streams on that category. For instance, when i specifically look for someone using FL Studio, Cubase,…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The NeoTokyo category is missing on Twitch which is very unfortunate because the competitive community that still exists for the game can't get any recognition and has a hard time growing because we can't showcase the game correctly on the top streaming website.

Due to this, people stream the game on various categories, and right now all the competitions are streamed on the "Half Life 2" category, which isn't correct since NeoTokyo became a standalone game a long time ago (and is no longer a Source Mod).

While the game or the community is not huge, adding the category would…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Currently people have to scroll through hundreds of "mixtape" channels of people simply playing their playlist to find actual live performing musicians who are buried in this "Music and Performing Arts" category.

I suggest you separate out the two into separate categories. One category for "Live Music Performance/Composition" and one for "Music Mixtapes" This will also help bring more recognition to the musicians on twitch.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please include a selection for the art community. We are part of the backbone of twitch supplying overlays, emotes, badges, etc. etc.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?