Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1329 results found

1. When visiting Twitch, you need to select a broadcast to watch, and to switch to other broadcasts, you need to go back to the suggestions table and select again.
    This method is inconvenient for new users; it forces them to return to the list of suggestions again and again, which is annoying.
    It is much more convenient to have toggle buttons on the broadcast player to simply switch broadcasts, as is implemented on some streaming sites.
    With this method of switching broadcasts, audience retention of new viewers will increase.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a update for a cover art for Non-Gaming Category (Go).
    This game is not allowed on IGDB, because it is like chess, not a game for PC.
    Please let me know the procedure for updating cover art for this game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Content creators have really stepped it up and came up with a variety of great shows. However, they need to branch away from Just Chatting because this type of content is not about doing small talk or interacting with their viewers. The types of content that can be included in this category are: competitive IRL games, game shows, reality shows, acting performances, contests, comedy, improv, etc. We need more IRL categories to help break away from Just Chatting. Streamers are using it way too much for unrelated content and it's become way too crowded. It's frustrating and time consuming to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There's a considerable amount of streamers who cover this type of content and this is not just small talk, it's not just chatting. These are more meaningful topics being covered and are worthy of having a more comprehensive category. Most streamers avoid the Politics category because its scope is too narrow. They're drawn to Just Chatting where most of the "appealing" content takes place in the hopes they will get noticed. Some reasons would be because these communities/topics are niche, smaller in size, and not as common or frequent. Many existing IRL categories are grouping similar content together, which is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We should be able to set our own default sorting instead of having to change it every time. I will ALWAYS switch from recommended to viewers high to low, every time. And it's pretty annoying having to change it every time instead of being able to just set my preference for it and have it automatically set to what I like, instead of what you want me to see.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Non-affiliates can only share their default resolution while streaming. (When I started, this was over 1080p.) So putting yourself in the viewer's shoes, if that resolution is quite high (720p or higher) then you virtually cannot watch that streamer on your mobile device. If you tried, you would buffer a lot, get frustrated, and leave. This uniquely negatively impacts non-affiliates. Please add at least one low resolution option for viewers whose setups cannot match the streamer's default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello everyone, I am running a business and I want to manage and secure database. I need some experts who could manage database, monitoring its operation, and resolving any issues or errors that may arise. Any suggestions from where I can find experts for this purpose.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There are now two categories on Twitch for the game Mega Man X, they can be found here:

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/category/mega-man-x
    https://www.twitch.tv/directory/category/mega-man-x-1

The first category has 85,000 followers, while the second (duplicate) category has 12 followers. Because of the duplication, it is making it extremely difficult for Mega Man X streamers to stream under the correct category. In the Stream Manager, selecting "Mega Man X" as your category will almost always cause you to stream to the duplicate category, making it much more difficult for followers of the original category to find your stream.

If you click the "Block" button on the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello friends. I hope that all are fine. Technology have played an important role nowadays. It has many advantages and disadvantages. Typically, everything which is new to the world is taken in with caution. Big Data and AI are relatively new technologies that disrupt industries. I want to know about what are AI and Big Data Hype? I need a professional company that their professionals and experts tell about AI and Big Data Hype. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi, I am here. JavaScript is a cross-platform, object-oriented programming language used by developers to make web pages interactive. It allows developers to create dynamically updating content, use animations, clickable buttons, control multimedia. I need Javascript software development services. That's why I am asking you. Advise me a best company that provide me these services.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "DisabilityAwareness" should be a usable tag. It signifies the channel shows a particular importance for issues and topics regarding people with disabilities. As it stands, Twitch doesn't allow its use due to some automatic moderation. Why is DisabilityAwareness moderated out? Could this be fixed?

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Where is this moderated out? When testing this, I was able to add the tag to my stream info. Please let me know. Thanks.

12. I would like some Trading Categories to be added. There are already categories like Crypto and Stocks but those don't encompass all the things that can can be traded.

Either you should add all the individuals like Forex, Indices, Futures, commodities etc, or there should be a singular category called "Trading". I am more in favor of just having "Trading" as a category because this could be used for all and would garner the most attention and diversification.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hallo,

leider habe ich schon des Öfteren bemerkt, dass manche Kategorien für Spiele etc. grundlegend falsch sind.
    So ist z.B. die Schlagwort-Bezeichnung auf Twitch für eines meiner Lieblingsspiele "Space Engineers" als "EgoShooter, Shooter" eingestuft, was einfach nicht das Spiel richtig widerspiegelt.
    Das finde ich persönlich sehr schade, da es ein echt tolles Spiel ist und die Grenzen des Spiels eigentlich die eigene Vorstellungskraft ist.

Die Suche nach einer neuen Kategorie wird negativ beeinflusst, da Worte wie Shooter einfach niemanden ansprechen, der etwas Komplexeres, Herausforderndes sucht. (Ich selbst z.B. mag gar keine Shooter und hätte das Spiel aus Prinzip nicht angeschaut,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I know that there's a limit on how many categories that you can follow. I've recently hit that limit (not sure of the exact number)

Because of this, I am not able to follow any more categories.

The only way to follow more categories, is to unfollow some of the ones that I'm following, however, the only ones that I know i'm following are the ones where people are 'currently streaming live'.

I've been on Twitch for a few years, and there are games/categories that i've followed years ago, and have forgotten about. I can't unfollow categories/games that i don't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. i saw that twitch has while browsing games only High to low viewer count but i would like to browse from low to high based on viewers, would be interesting to see

Ty

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. also your new video preview of showing a random channel at the top of the page is annoying taking up half the screen. yes i can click it off, but it doesnt save that setting after i log off and then back on again, so have to do it every single time.

Admin audit: Removed unnecessary negativity and condensed title for ease of discovery.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Are you browsing with "Recommended for You" sorting applied? It is only with this view, that you can mark a channel as "Not Interested" on the Browse page. This is because that list view is based on recommendations, whereas sorting by viewers does not have this capability (because it is not based on recommendations). To confirm regarding the blocked users, are you are seeing channels that you have in your Blocked Users list via https://www.twitch.tv/settings/security popping up in your "Recommended for You"? Thanks.

18. Whenever a person searches a category such as music, a game title, or whatever, one is presented with a list of Twitch streamers that are currently streaming under said category the viewer has chosen to search through.

Currently one is unable to view all the tags that are associated with a channel under a category one is search for unless selecting each streamer individually to view all of their assigned tags.

I would like the option under one's own account settings to enable all tags to be shown after selecting a category rather than having to individually view a streamer's…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With the new tag system we lost special characters in tag names, most importantly the % sign. 100% is a very common stream tag, and for speedrunners many speedrunning categories also use the % sign (e.g. Any%, Low%) and it would be great if we could tag things properly. Right now we have to choose between a couple different unusual variations to get these (100, 100Percent, HundredPercent, Hundo, etc) which limits discoverability, especially since we can only have 10 tags.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A category dedicated to the new trading card game Union Arena. Streaming who are playing Union Arena IRL, doing remote fights, or booster pack opening streams can use this category, and viewers who are interested in Union Arena can easily find it on Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?