Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12 results found

1. currently we only have 2 settings for hyperlinks in the chat:
    1. everyone can post links
    2. restricted to Streamer/Mods/Admins/VIPs

as hyperlink detection is already present for option 2, it would be a nice thing to have a 3rd option:
    Pull messages that contain hyperlinks into the AutoMod for approval

This gives the streamers and their mods the opportunity to review the message and link. They can then deny or approve of the message on a case by case basis.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 「エタ」の NG ワード解除を行うべきです。この言葉が BAN されていることにより, 全く関係のないいくつかの日本語の単語が書き込めなくなっています。また, 「エタ」はほんらいの差別用語としての役割をほとんど失っており, もはや日本人がこの用語を相手を侮辱する目的で使うことはほとんどありません。さらにカタカナで書くことはほとんどなく, 漢字で書かれることが一般的です (ですが差別的に使われることがないのでどちらにしても不適当です)
    「エタ」に限らず二文字のワードブロックは他の日本語語彙に広範囲に影響を与えており, それによりコミュニケーションが円滑に行うことが出来ません。もう一度, Twitch 運営側にはNGワードリストの再定義/再検討を熱望しています。

「エタ」により非表示にされる単語のリスト(一部)

・エターニア (e.g. テイルズオブエターニア)
    ・エターナル (e.g. エターナル・アルカディア)
    ・エタノール
    ・エタ・ド・ブルゴーニュ
    ・エタクロニクル

Twitch should deactivate the NG word for "エタ (eta)." The BAN of this word makes it impossible to write in some completely unrelated Japanese words. In addition, エタ has almost lost its role as a purely discriminatory term, and Japanese people no longer use the term to insult others. Furthermore, エタ is rarely written in katakana, and is generally written in kanji, such as 穢多 (but either way it's inappropriate because it's not used in a…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's not practical to use Chat Highlights when you stream and moderate for a streamer. There's a lot of highlights that are interesting for my channel, but less so when I moderate for another streamer, and it's currently not possible to set different parameters for these channels, they are global for any channels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recently, we have often heard of cases where hyperlinks have been used in malicious attacks, such as account hijacking as a result of accessing a hyperlink, or inducing a ban by reporting using a clip URL with a thumbnail.

While we streamers must continue to gather information and work hard to ensure security and safe distribution, there is a limit to what we can do as individuals, and the tactics of the malicious are constantly evolving.

Hyperlinks are also a factor to be aware of, as they often lead to unintended content, dissemination of inappropriate content, and other violations of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think it could be a super cool idea to have pride colored display names for the month of June! These could include the basic rainbow flag colors, but even specific colors like the trans flag colors, lesbian, etc!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello streamers Kollegas around the globe.
    Are you also so tired of Twitch boring chat .
    Do you also want more to become more lively with Bubbles, and other types of borders around chat messages, and in all colors?
    then vote for this idea, and finally after years, let Twitch take action and make chat more beautiful and friendly for viewers as well as streamers themselves.

Idea!
    What I've been looking for for years, or want to see in a chat.
    More costum Bubbles chat,
    see Screenshot NR 1 ->> https://prnt.sc/EhLHcT-cDfXV
    see Screenshot NR 2 ->> https://prnt.sc/IAOY853VBXcz
    What if Twitch…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disregarding 3rd party apps, Twitch chat has 4 color contrasts regarding nicks and background: light/dark mode and can have readable colors enabled/disabled in each. It would be nice for the user to be able to customize the nickname for each one of them, obviously that in the "readable colors" there would be a limitation with colors within a range or predefined.
    For example, yellow nicks are beautiful in Dark Mode and the contrast is nice, but in light mode they are horrible to read and in "readable colors" mode they are very ugly in color. White and black nicks are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've been using Twitch off and on since December 2020 (this is a newer account) and I've been running into the same problem since I first began, and that is my messages being flagged by AutoMod when there is no obvious reason why. I have seen people come into chat and blatantly insult the streamer, and that passes, but for some reason I get flagged all the time and I don't ever know why.
    I'm not in the habit of making crude or rude comments, and I would appreciate if AutoMod would catch the people who really are saying inflammatory…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I saw a streamer (spinigotilla) get raided by another streamer and the chat was full of NSFW ascii art, this must be stopped, I also got screenshot proof

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I cannot get it removed completely. It was fine, then it came back. I do not want any language censored

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have the nsfw filter on because it filters random words sometimes and I find that funny. However, when I wish to view the word that has been filtered, the text box and "show message" button appear below the word, but if the word is the most recent message in chat, I have to wait until a few more people post in chat to view the word. I think the text box should appear where it is clickable based on where the message is in chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. On popular streamers you should be able to filter out all the garbage messages = minimum X unique words to pass and if >X words they also need to be mostly unique (except !!!!! maybe)... twitch is wasting bandwidth with spam messages. You don't need AI for this feature, don't over-engineer it. X is configurable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?