Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

556 results found

1. I feel it would be super interesting to have custom moderator permission. In particular i feel it woul be interesting for editor to have more permissions example changing channel points reward cooldown,etc. Example have the editor role for the video manager only.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The new suspicious user feature is great, but there one huge downside which ends up making me having to ban.

When a user is marked as a suspicious user, they still have the ability to spam redeem channel points redemptions and the message saying "You message has been held due to channel moderation settings" causes a barrage of messages saying "hey I cant type in chat" etc etc etc.

PLEASE make it so suspicious users are UNAWARE they can't chat & don't allow suspicious users (& non followers) to spam redeem channel points.

Please! This would help out small streamers…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. It has been two weeks since Twitch locked my account out of chat and told me they require a mobile number to unlock it.

I was asked to submit a ticket and the first response I received said
    "Please note that Twitch Support is unable to bypass the need for phone verification on your behalf. If phone verification is enabled by the creator and you are not exempt, you must complete the verification in order to chat."

I had already confirmed with the streamers that they did not change any verification settings. Even if they had, it would mean that…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If Twitch for example does an experiment with having verified chatting in every stream please give us a notice on socials or even on Twitch itself. Also an option to opt out of it would be nice but I understand that verifying your phone is the future of Twitch. Since this test is not being done to every Twitch user only a select few I think it's fair to have that opt out option. A percentage will just verify phone and that's the data that Twitch wants anyway.

It's been over 24 hours. Still can't chat and the sad part…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My account was "automatically flagged and temporarily blocked to prevent abuse" and now I am unable to chat.

I had not interacted with the channel except to click the follow button prior to this block being applied. To be clear - there were absolutely no messages sent by me to this channel prior to this block happening. I have since sent an unban request, and am still waiting for a response.

My account now displays "Banned on Linked Account" and searching tells me that 'If a user is seeing this message, they have had another account with their phone/email banned…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am suggesting an idea which would utilize having set up 2FA using a phone number to count for chat verification as well.
    I was in a raid but when I got to the destination streamer I couldn't send messages in the chat even though I had followed that channel. I got a message saying that I couldn't chat because my account wasn't verified. I clicked on the little info icon, and it explained it and I was able to get into chat fine.
    I was confused though, because I have had my Twitch account set up with 2FA using…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently in Mod View, we can see the Users In Chat list under Channel Tools. If I want to inspect an individual User Card, I either filter or scroll down to their name, and I can click on it to pop up the User Card on top of the viewer list. From here I have the option to pop out the User Card to a separate window, but this resets the Users In Chat list to unfiltered and scrolled to the top. If I just close the User Card rather than popping it out, this also resets the Users In…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. There are a host of problems on Twitch and I feel as though this idea could be a solution to some of the bigger ones.

I suggest giving streamers the option to only allow accounts with 2fa to access their channel. Make it an option for the individual streamer and make it toggleable.

In order for this to work, Twitch must do more than just “not allow the user to use chat.” Twitch needs to stop them from accessing the streamer’s channel all together. The same needs to be done for users who are banned/blocked but that is a whole…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I moderate two twitch channels while I play along side the streamers that I moderate for and the community that I moderate. I use my android tablet to keep twitch chat open so I don't have to stop being a moderator while I'm full screen in game (I only have one monitor). It would be a massive help if there was a way to have the chat fill up the whole screen on my tablet instead of just a small portion, maybe with full mod mode features if possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be fantastic if as a streamer, I can create canned responses for my mods to use in chat whenever someone violates the rules or has an FAQ. The benefits of this would be:

• Saved time for my mods as they won't have to type out messages
    • Consistent messaging for my channel
    • Easier to bring on new mods and less of a learning curve

Let me know if anyone has any feedback!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Making a moderation feature that allows channel owners to give permissions to each individual moderators. This feature will give certain moderators access to manage commands/other features that only editors could access before. for example twitch has An editor role and a moderator role that can manage the broadcasters channel,right? so by adding a tool that allows certain editor commands/abilities to each individual moderators would be helpful to the channel owner, this command would need to be authorized by the owner of a channel or a editor. similar to how discord servers work(server owner can give any member of the server…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  13. New accounts cannot because created with the word "grape" in it and will automatically trigger a red flag. I know this is nonsensical for some, but my name online has always had the word "Grape" in it because it is my last name. I'd love to create an account with the word "grape" in it. But apparently it's too close to word word "Rape" so it automatically won't let you put the word in your name.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  14. I mod for team Tempo Storm. Every streamer is added to the Tempo Storm community which we use to promote who is online in our website or through apps or bots on discord/curse. My role is to ensure every team member, no matter which game they are playing, is doing well and chat is behaving. This is sometimes hard to do if the streamer hasn't met me through the team contacts, or some other reason. These streamers may be hesitant to mod me or others like me in the same role.

So my suggestion is to add a community based…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Messages flagged by AutoMod are pinned to the bottom of the chat till assessed by a moderator or by the streamer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow broadcasters to ip ban viewers from their stream & no longer watch there stream. Also an option for broadcasters to set this permission for moderators if they are comfortable.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A filter for the activity feed to flag followers and the ability to multi-select new followers so we can batch select fake followers so we can ban & remove them easily.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. So in practice this idea seems simple and would be effective. The basic premise of this would be that the Streamer can toggle on/off a feature that would require someone to have a twitch account and be following to view the content otherwise it would just be a black screen that says "Please login and follow to view the following content". I think this could help prevent harassment on various levels as I will describe.

Scenario 1 - Stream Sniping
    So for anyone who plays online multiplayer games, stream snipers can ruin a stream quiet fast. Whether it be Fortnite,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sometimes mods timeout/ban someone on accident. We quickly unban them, but it still shows that they've been timed out and their record isn't clean. This can be harmful to the chatter as other mods or the streamer might think they've actually done something wrong and make a decision in the future based on this false record.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shield Mode should not be displayed without explaining that it clears chat. It should be locked into Mod View, not default channel view.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?