Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. For the first enablement of shield mode by a moderator there should be a brief warning pop up of exactly what it does. There is a bit of a bubble that almost advertises it as press this button and can cause infrequent mods to accidentally enable shield mode. You should also be able to disable shield mode with the same button, not with a switch on the screen that pops up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. A channel I mod for gets hate follows targetting part of the streamers' identity frequently - specifically the username being a hateful message.
    At current, that name cannot be removed from the Activity Feed and Moderation Actions histories, even after the account has been banned for TOS violations.
    This can result in them being visible to the streamer and mods for a while, depending on the activity of the channel.

It would be nice for moderators to have the ability to hide such actions in those lists to protect Streamers from such hateful content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  3. As someone who mods for 16+ people on another platform and a few on a Twitch, I think Twitch should start hiring a few people to be a paid mod, and to set them aside from the streamers selected mods these paid ones should have a gold sword instead of the green one. Also everytime they enter a live even if it's one they've been to multiple times, it should show them the streamers requirements for chat so they can know what to always look for.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. There have been cases of streamers banning users without any explanation, leaving the banned user feeling confused and frustrated. This lack of transparency can lead to a breakdown in trust between the streamer and their audience, and can also have a negative impact on the overall community.

Streamers should have to give a reason for a ban. And banned users should have the ability to appeal their ban to Twitch. This could be done through a system where the user can submit an appeal to Twitch, which can then review the ban and determine if it was justified. For instance,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have an idea. Make moderator statistics, that is, how many moderators blocked users, deleted messages, issued mutes. This will be useful for tracking moderator activity.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Similar to how only the mods and streamer can see a "Staff" category in the User List, it would be great for there to be a "Restricted Users" category that they could see as well that would show any users in chat who are either monitored, restricted or banned from chatting. This would be a great tool for actively monitoring those who are stalking and harassing a streamer without them having to type in chat. For those that have first time follower/chatter restrictions, it would allow mods to see brand new/ban evading accounts trying to wait out the restriction time.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. Display what channels im a mod for as well as ask for approval for becomming a mod.. as a safety thing.. as i am a mod for a channel i do not know anything about. i or at least let me know what the channel is

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. I think twitch should add predefined ban reasons/categories (like homophobia, racism, harrasment, ...) that moderators could use. This feature could open to many moderation improvments that I detail below

More details :
    - Twitch could reserve ban categories Ids (like the 100 first ids) for common ban categories that every streamer can use
    - Other Ids could be reserved for other purposes (country related law, ...)
    - Other Ids (let's day IDs from 1000 and above) could allow streamers create custom reasons.
    - Moderators often use tools (FFZ, ...) that would help use this feature more efficiently

Other features that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chatters that are currently live on Twitch should have a badge next to their name or some type of notification for the streamer. I have seen multiple streamers browse Twitch while they are live and harass other streamers. Being able to see that a chatter is live when they pop in and say "hi" would be a good warning for the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. be able to ennter a date to see messages from that day as a mod

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. El Modo Escudo no funciona bien en Castellano ya que bloquea demasiadas palabras que no son insultos ni despectivas, sin sentido alguno, quien lo ha programado no conoce nuestro idioma y por ende los moderadores o el streamer pasa más tiempo readmitiendo gente que haciendo directo.

Además hay que entender que en el Castellano sí se usan palabrotas de forma natural pero rara vez es a modo de insulto, siendo más un halago por ironía, comedia, humor o una dramatización; el contexto es importante y conocer la cultura del país también.

Por esto, insto a quien haya programado el Modo…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sometimes, it is better to timeout more than 2 weeks to avoid making unban request and to auto-unban after a certain period.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Thank you for Shield Mode.

I would like to see the ability to configure or pause incoming raids when Shield Mode is active, such as configuring higher thresholds or pausing raids entirely.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have a setting that makes it so when a moderator allows a message held by auto mod it does not automatically add the blocked term to the allowed terms list

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Shared Ban list warning should apply for all incoming messages, not just the first-time chat.

Example scenario: A user chats in my stream, doesn't say anything ban-worthy, e.g. "Hello." They say something to get banned by someone who I've shared ban lists with. I want to know that they've been banned but the current implementation will not share that information.

The current implementation makes it quite easy for a bad actor to evade these warnings. Also, it's unlikely that people will open with something offensive unless they truly are trolling.

For this feature to truly be valuable, we need…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Twitch has become a cesspool of creeps and weirdos.. Twitch needs to protect their streamers. There is many ways things can be started.
    Give streamers better ways to mask their identities.
    Hook up with online harassment and government groups.

Twitch is owned by Amazon and amazon has meta data on all its users inorder to help the authorities find these creeps!!
    Meta data IE: Usernames, emails, ips, even ring data..

I’m not very smart but things are getting extremely weird on some of these streams..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  17. Some moderators could abuse mod tools for no reasons. Take a look from some Discord servers when there no moderation control inside. I would Twitch could be more restrictive about how Mods should work and how to ban properly an toxic user. This suggestion could fit in any social medias cases. We would be hear and respect at any kind.

Ban a user just because he was autistic, could lead an mod abuse and be sanctionable for example.

I would too see Social Medias more conscious about how they manage their product. We got some mods issues on the rival…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Blacklist a phrase so that any messages containing the phrase are not displayed, currently the only way to achieve this is by using a 3rd party plug-in which can only censor the phrase, however, the rest of the message is still visible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  19. The current solution for automod is not customizable. It bases a lot of rules on sliders without allowing users to customize wordlists per rule. This is why people use external bots for stuff like this. But that introduces a problem of messages still going into chat.

Streamers/mods need the ability to specify rule:
    - Name
    - To who rule applies for (ability to exclude vips/subs (per tier))
    - Wordlist/regex/limiters (caps/emotes/repeating words)

If this would be too much work at least expose the ability to connect to the interface that stops message before it gets sent so people can connect their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  20. Recently Twitch implemented a feature to mark users in the chat as suspicious or to restrict their use of the chat.

But sadly the restrict option only acts as a complete chat ban, which does not help much. (because if someone does not follow the chat rules in streams im supporting as mod, will get a complete Ban)

My idea is to expand the restrict chat access option, so that suspicious users could be restricted in a way, that their messages will automatically be held back by auto mod for a certain ammount of time (or until a mod releases…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?