Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

17 results found

1. Please allow the ability to disable "Unban requests"

or provide a way to replace the link with instructions for how to apply for a unban

We have an existing system on CohhCarnage's channel, and would prefer to use that system over the inbuilt Twitch system, but we cannot turn off the inbuilt Twitch system.

295 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey all!

So sorry I missed this thread, but we do now have this live on the site!

You can easily turn off unban requests in your Dashboard under Settings – Moderation.

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know any other changes you would like to see to Mod View or other Safety settings.

2. The new channel points are pretty fun, and the ability to highlight messages is great. I'm using it frequently when moderating to make sure all the users see certain messages (like instructions on how to vote on something, announcing that the streamer will be right back, reminders about backseating not being allowed, etc).

It would be nice if it didn't cost any points for us mods to use that feature though, because there are situations where we might need to use it but don't have enough points available. Alternatively, add another similar feature available for mods only that isn't dependent…

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Danky responded

Hey everyone! So sorry for catching this late.

We have released a new command for mods: /announce

This new command will help mods important messages stand out in chat! 

You can learn more from our blog here.

Thank you all for the feedback as always!

3. Queer is not a slur. It is how a HUGE number of people identify, ESPECIALLY by those who are non-binary or exist outside of the gender spectrum.

It is used by prominent politicians, organizations, medical offices, artists, creators, and members of your own site.

By banning this term from panels, bios, and elsewhere on channels, you are actively participating in discrimination against the LGBTQIA+ community.

It's LITERALLY what the Q in your "LGBTQIA+" tag stands for.

Remove this word as a "banned word." Stop limiting queer creators from existing on your platform.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  mouse responded

Update: UserVoice has removed “queer” from their filter. You should now be able to use the word on this site.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the change was not retroactive, so I’ve corrected this manually by removing the stars in each of your posts. Very sorry for the trouble with all of this – thank you so much for your patience.

4. Would be great if stream teams and streamers can share banned users with other streamers.

IE Streamer one has a offensive troll in their chat who gets banned. The streamer could have a option after or during the stream to share the ban with other streamers who are friends or in the same stream team.

Example
    Streamer 1 bans "user 1" from their chat due to offensive or disturbing behaviour. Streamer 1 can then share that ban with a created "friends streamer list" where by they can say, user 1 was banned in my chat due to the following, please…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Danky responded

Hello everyone! Happy to announce that Shared Ban Info is now available for all streamers! Shared Ban Info builds on the Suspicious User Controls system and provides a simple way for you to share info about who you’ve banned in your channel with other streamers to help keep serial offenders out of your communities. You can learn more about this new feature in our Safety Center

As always thank you so much for your valued feedback and for making Twitch the best place to stream!

5. Dear at @TwitchSupport as a mod it would be great if ANY user who has an account that's less than 30 days old had a special symbol next to their name. 95% of the users I have to delete a message, timeout or ban are new user accounts. A symbol would make it easy to spot new user accounts in a busy chat and make it easier for mods to be on alert. ESPECIALLY when there is something going on like a new movie with spoilers or now the new thing is WW3 chatter blaming America ALSO if I ban…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. As a moderator of a few channels, we've had a massive issue with one particular troll using a VPN to evade bans. This is a massive issue for us because; this user will spam hateful messages, racist slurs, bullying/harassment and even spam the streamer's private personal info. This has been such an issue, that some people I know have had to take a long break from streaming or quit altogether!

I implore you Twitch. Please add an option to enable Phone number verification!
    I believe this will strongly deter users from ban evading, as it commonly costs to use phone…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  7. I would love to have a toggle-able chat badge or flag we mods could use to mark people that warrant extra watching. New chatters who set our troll senses tingling, or folks who have said problematic but not ban-worthy things, for example. Like the negative equivalent of a VIP badge. The badges would need to be removable, for people who turn out to be okay after all.
    Some problem users disappear when timed out, then show up later after we've forgotten about them or when different mods are around. A chat badge would let them stand out instantly. And paired…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. I am an autistic person and this affects how I communicate. I want to ensure people are aware of this when joining my stream, and so I've always had it in my "about" section. It's a diagnosed disability and integral to who I am.

I went to update my about info recently and it kept failing moderation. Turns out it's because I can now no longer use the word autistic in my bio.

This is really ableist erasure. I know some people use "autistic" as an insult but the correct answer isn't to censor people using it legitimately. It's to…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey all! Thank you again for bringing this feedback to our attention. Just checking back in to let you know that we have updated our system and you are now able to use autistic in your about section.

9. I do like the idea and the concept of the shield mode however, it does need an improvement.

I am not a fan of the shield mode being automatically activated without a warning first, I have seen other moderators that I work with accidentally activate it which has caused all sorts of problems, especially if you consider some of the settings are at the highest at default.

Could we perhaps have a dialogue box asking if we are sure we want to turn it on first? I also would like to see a link in the dialogue box that directs…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →

As of Feb 21, you will now always see a confirmation modal when activating Shield Mode from the "Shortcut" in chat. This modal previously had a "Don't show me this again" option which we have removed.

Feel free to open a new request if this doesn't address your concern.

10. I was shocked to learn today that twitch won't allow the word 'disabled' in twitch titles. As someone who has been told not to call myself disabled and made to feel ashamed about being disabled, this has absolutely disgusted me. If we can use the word disabled in tags, why can't we use it in titles? I was trying to use the word disabled to let my viewers know that my disability was bad that day, which is important to me so that viewers know not to push when my disability is worse/so they understand why my behaviour is the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  11. I'd like the possibility of being able to manage the Channel Points Request Queue as a widget on the mod view instead of having to open the queue in an external window. Everything else in mod view is extremely convenient now and this is the one thing that is bugging me about it. Thanks greatly for your hard work

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  12. I urge Twitch to blacklist the word "schizo" from its platform due to its offensive nature and potential to harm individuals with schizophrenia. While the associated 3rd-party emote ("SCHIZO") may be popular and contribute to normalizing the use of the word, it is essential to focus on the term itself rather than the content of the emote.

Schizophrenia is a complex mental disorder affecting millions worldwide. Living with schizophrenia is challenging, and many individuals with the condition may not even be aware that they have it. The casual use of the term "schizo" on Twitch contributes to stigmatization and "otherizing"…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

We have increased the severity of the word “schizo” in AutoMod, so it is now caught at lower shield levels.

13. Using mod view as a mod

"such and such followed you"

No they followed the streamer I am moderating

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have Mod Comments on the user card so when a viewer is being disrespectful or inappropriate in one stream then watch another stream, the moderators know what type of viewer is watching.

For example. if a viewer come into the stream but has a mod comment saying " User has been inappropriate on many occasions", the moderator can be prepared and take the best course of action.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →

Hi MrRage, this feature was added to our site in early 2019. You can bring up the viewer card for a user by typing /user [username] in chat, and, if you are a Mod in that channel, there is a "Comments" tab you can use to add comments that will be viewable only by other Mods.

15. Nice and simple. Make it easier for mods to update the stream/game title, rather than relying on commands.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This was added a few months ago; it’s in a drawer under the player. If you don’t see it, click the […] button in the player widget header.

Also note that only Mods who are also Channel Editors can edit the stream title/game.

16. When in Mod View and the streamer has Content Classification Label, the "Intended for certain audiences" box floats on top of the profile picture and streamer name. Thus you cannot click on those elements because they are covered.

The issue remains on 1080p or 1440p resolutions with default mod view.

If you full screen the video, the "Intended for certain audiences" label moves to the right and no longer covering any default overlays.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hi DraleZero, thanks again for submitting this feedback. The team was able to replicate and fix this. Cheers, have a good week!

17. Why is blm now a prohibited word? It's been in my stream title up until recently when it tells me the word is not allowed. This is not the first time I've not been allowed to use regular words or certain acronyms. Please explain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?