Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

109 results found

1. The "Filters" menu on the "Activity Feed" widget opens downward. This can cause the menu to go below the browser screen, depending on the layout of the Mod View and screen resolution.

It should be how "Mod Actions" is designed.
    The "Filter" menu on the "Mod Actions" widget opens in a position that is visible no matter how far down to the bottom of browser the widget is positioned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. The new feature that allows people to tag creators in the channel title does not currently work in Mod View. Having that not visible in the title in Mod View makes the feature feel like it's not working and if a mod happened to want to look more into the creators that are being tagged, they would have to manually search for that creator or find them in the viewer list (which, there is no guarantee that someone being featured on the stream would be in the viewer list) which defeats the purpose of having the feature in the first…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It is way too easy to accidentally activate Shield mode for a new moderator when there is a click-through handholding guide that pops up with it. Please make it wait until after the walkthrough to avoid accidental activation. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. it will be better if moderators can delete their own message on the chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mod View - Dynamically update Message history on a User Card.

Currently a User Card can be opened for a user of interest to see their Messages / Timeouts / Bans / Mod Comments. Once open any new Messages from that user do not appear in the card. This would be useful when 'monitoring' that user.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The vast majority of the time that harassment occurs, the accounts being used to accomplish it are all recently created. Being able to limit chat participation (or ideally, anything that can be seen by viewers) based on the length of time the account has existed would go a long way to preventing abuse.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. Using latest Chrome browser edition, i'm unable to do /slash commands, @, or reply to specific chats; basically anything that has a popup overlay in Mod View. This happened after /shoutout was pushed live on the service. I'm able to do all these things in normal channel chat view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. I am a moderator for quite a few channels. But I have a huge issue with the mod view interface. It is designed poorly by twitch, this is an example of the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/xfFw4Za

Can you make adjustments to the following sections ?

Section 1: please make this smaller? It does not need to be that **** huge. I do not care to see someone's twitch banner. All I need to see is the text. Shown.
    Section 2: it is impossible to resize to be able to see someone's past messages. It is very difficult to use as a moderator.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mod view should be similar to the broadcasters view with the ability to add panels that fit them such as a raid button, a pole button, all the things to make the mods job simpler.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Mods to access a channels full history beyond the last 100 items in the activity feed. If a channel gets a mass follow or hate raid or bot spam, then last 100 items in activity feed could get used up fast. Same goes for Hype Train times when there could be more then 100 user events that a broadcaster would like to acknowledge. So, having access to a full days or weeks log link/page could be beneficial

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow streamers and mods to Import and Export terms from the stream's blocked terms list, including duplicates of terms that may already have been entered.

As I'm sure Twitch Staff is well aware, there has been a devastating increase of bots globally harassing creators of many identities. I'm going to assume that the staff is silently working on the backend to minimize the damage being done from these mass-produced bot accounts, but in the meantime creators should have a way to compete with these bots as they come.

This is where the "Import/Export Blocked Terms" comes into play. The individuals…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  13. Flashing panels on mod view when using Safari 15.5 on macOS 12.4

The panels from the mod view that overlay the stream start flashing making it impossible to interact with them or even see their content

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Moderators and long term watchers are marked with "Suspicious User monitored by" followed by nothing. There does not appear to be any ban evasion or similar involved, and no reason is given. Users marked as suspicious in this way do not appear in Suspicious User Activity. Seems to only occur when using channel point redeems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sometimes streamers just want to "restart" their career. Clear Mod Actions history for him and his mods is a good way to forget old people that got banned, or doesn't want their mods to see the old bans and other actions that can be unconfortable for them.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  16. Currently in Mod View, we can see the Users In Chat list under Channel Tools. If I want to inspect an individual User Card, I either filter or scroll down to their name, and I can click on it to pop up the User Card on top of the viewer list. From here I have the option to pop out the User Card to a separate window, but this resets the Users In Chat list to unfiltered and scrolled to the top. If I just close the User Card rather than popping it out, this also resets the Users In…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Although we enter notes with the new unban system for deny or approve, these aren't shown in the Bans or Mod Comments in the User Card - please have these shown here as well for good record keeping. Additionally, including when a request was submitted and who approved/denied it would be useful, it is only shown in Mod Actions at this time.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the chat identity options to moderator view like they appear in regular chat. It is frustrating if our badges get reset that we have to go back to regular viewer to change them. If they were added to the left of the chat box like they are for normal viewers, it would be perfect.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  19. Sometimes accidents happen, and a mod might accidentally delete a comment too hastily, delete the wrong comment because chat moved, or just simply misclick on chat.

There's an option to unban, but not to undo deleting comments. The comments are still there and visible (if you're a mod, or using the BTTV extension) so there must be a way to un-delete comments when mods make a mistake.

Being able to undo that mistake would help prevent the mod and the person whose comment was deleted feel bad about the situation, especially because ALL the person's previous comments get purged from…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Upfront: Please open a User-Voice section dedicated to the Mod-View - Why does the Creator Dashboard have one and the Mod-View not?

1. In the user view (clicking on a user in mod-view or when reviewing an unban request), seeing when a user was timeouted or banned is so useless without seeing the message the ban was for. Please just show the last 5 messages they had before the ban and put a link to the chat-thread where I can look at more. I don't want to scroll 900 messages to see what an old ban was for. This should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?