Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. When multiple mods try to ban someone, the person gets banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, etc, etc, repeat because there is only 1 button, and when the first mod clicks to ban, the button changes to UNban for everyone else.

But, if another mod is also clicking "Ban" and they're 1 milisecond slower, the button changes to UNban right before they click it. And the person gets unbanned.

This is a really bad UX for mods and users alike.

Please separate the buttons instead of changing the meaning of the ban button so mods get the intended action they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I am a moderator of a channel and for months I have not been able to check the chat history. I have tried with several browsers, but my colleagues don’t have this issue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For about a week now, I have been unable to use the Batch Reporting Tool. When I drop the menu to select a reason for a report, no text appears in any of the options; they are just a series of narrow, featureless horizontal bars.

I have reproduced this in both old and new Mod View in both Firefox and Chrome under Linux. Colleagues have also reproduced it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge under Windows 10. One colleague found the tool still worked for them under Edge on Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Twitch i Been Streaming on Twitch for 3 Years and now I See Girls Streamers Go Topless and it Needs to Stop on My Front Page on My Stream

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This is already a thing in the stream manager and it would be very useful if when a mod is in mod view they do not need to watch ad breaks while moderating a channel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There isn't a "React" button in mod view currently. For a mod to react, it would have to be in normal view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In the new Mod View UI, the Community tab listing all the people connected to chat is huge, taking up a large amount of screen real estate when it is needed for things other than viewing who is in chat. Sure, it is collapsible, but I'd like to see it and not have it take so much space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. Permite que os moderadores possam visualizar a lista de banimento e deixa que eleS gerencie toda parte de banimento por essa janela assim sendo mais fácil de verificar e consultar todos os banimento do canal

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Your changes to mod view makes no sense.
    • Stream looks smaller
    • You made a huge top bar to display the stream session time. Not even 30% of the bar is used. It's sole purpose is to make the stream smaller.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The new Modview UI update that just rolled out has a really inefficient use of space. The offline/stream session bar at the top that is fixed and 90% blank is a complete waste of space. It should be moveable like the widgets so we can place it where we want it, and minimisable so it can just be on the sidebar like it was previously. The gaps between the widgets has also doubled, and that is also all just wasted space, it was completely fine before. Trying to use modview on something like a laptop was already a space compromise,…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

Thank you for your feedback.

For context, we had two problems we were trying to address with this UI update:

• We have some features planned down the line that will not work as widgets and need a new space within Mod View. While we hope that they will warrant the addition of the top nav bar, we understand that it currently feels like a poor use of space.
    • We have heard that users new to Mod View find the interface overwhelming. Some of the tweaks to the interface were intended to help with this.

With that said, we acknowledge that this update may feel like a downgrade for users comfortable with the density of information presented in the previous Mod View. We’ll be looking into ways to improve the experience for our power users (as well as new) while making room for new features. In the meantime, we have added…

12. Often times if a disagreement has happened between viewer and steamer, the streamer will bring up a users chat history, while a mod or themselves mutes the viewer, giving them no way to respond. I can understand on principal that this may be good towards preventing escalations, but it feels cruel to the user. An indicator showing they have left viewing, can indicate that the streamer is effectively not talking to the person. Duck tape the mouth, but not the legs, so they can see you leave the room. I think targeted harassment would decrease.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  13. The website https://www.twitch.tv/moderator/ is useful, but it is limited to 100 channels and randomly. I can see 100 channels there, ok, but several other channels like that are not there. For example, now three partner channels are online and they don't appear there for me, some with partner and without are there at the same time. I don't know the requirements to go there, but there are channels that have been online for more than 2 hours and are not in the middle or at the top of the list. It doesn't appear anywhere.
    The moderation tool in the moderator…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  14. Currently, when you enable the "Show mod icons" in a chat where you have that permission, the icons for ban/timeout/delete message take up a lot of space in chat and it's quite easy to misclick an icon on a wrong message if chat is moving in a fast pace. For those reasons, I generally have this option disabled in chats that I moderate.

I like the way how the "pin this message" and "reply to message" icons work, whereas they only show when you hover over a specific message in chat. Could we make all mod icons work like that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The "Filters" menu on the "Activity Feed" widget opens downward. This can cause the menu to go below the browser screen, depending on the layout of the Mod View and screen resolution.

It should be how "Mod Actions" is designed.
    The "Filter" menu on the "Mod Actions" widget opens in a position that is visible no matter how far down to the bottom of browser the widget is positioned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It is way too easy to accidentally activate Shield mode for a new moderator when there is a click-through handholding guide that pops up with it. Please make it wait until after the walkthrough to avoid accidental activation. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A channel I mod for gets hate follows targetting part of the streamers' identity frequently - specifically the username being a hateful message.
    At current, that name cannot be removed from the Activity Feed and Moderation Actions histories, even after the account has been banned for TOS violations.
    This can result in them being visible to the streamer and mods for a while, depending on the activity of the channel.

It would be nice for moderators to have the ability to hide such actions in those lists to protect Streamers from such hateful content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As someone who has to manually keep track of when the next hypetrain is available by writing the time once a train is completed. It would be nice to have a mod notification alerting mods that a hypetrain is ready. There are times where I forget to write down time and have to do my best to figure out when the next is ready. Having a notification would solve that issue and allow me to focus more on chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add simple sorting options for redemption queue in moderator and streamer view. Particularly the ability to sort the redemption list by most recent.
    Highly active redemptions can quickly stack up many pages in the history, and clicking through sets of 50 for something in the multiple hundreds or even thousands is both slow and causes browser lag. A simple drop down and "sort by most recent" would solve these problems and increase convenience.

One streamer I moderate for is chronically anxious about rejecting or completing the history, and has hundreds of thousands of entries in the queues going back years.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  20. The new feature that allows people to tag creators in the channel title does not currently work in Mod View. Having that not visible in the title in Mod View makes the feature feel like it's not working and if a mod happened to want to look more into the creators that are being tagged, they would have to manually search for that creator or find them in the viewer list (which, there is no guarantee that someone being featured on the stream would be in the viewer list) which defeats the purpose of having the feature in the first…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?