Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

109 results found

1. Filter the activity feed by action or actions. For example right now the broadcaster may have say follows turned on so they can thank them as they come in, but as a moderator perhaps they do not want to see recent follow. They would have to scroll through the feed to see the last action they cared about.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. As title says, helps with mods that show up mid broadcast to see what has already been done.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Just like the popout one but dock able like the other panels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  4. It can be awkward if you add a blocked term that is offensive or some ascii art then it stays in the mod actions log for days. It would be nice to hide the term and perhaps click to reveal/hide again. Not to mention the looks you get when someone looks at your screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If some editor, broadcaster or bot changes title and/or game, it is not updated in Moderator Panel. You always need an F5. Also if updated offline (when broadcaster prepares the stream and you have the Panel opened before it starts).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ich bin Moderator in einigen Streams und mir ist es leider schon oft passiert, dass wenn ich eine Nachricht löschen oder den User timeouten wollte, genau in dem Moment der Chat eine weitere Zeile nach oben rutscht und ich den falschen User erwische und ich diesen zu unrecht bestrafe.
    Wie wäre es wenn man als Moderator über den chat hovered, und der Chat dann stoppt/freezed damit das Problem nicht mehr auftaucht.

Ich hoffe ich konnte meine Idee gut erklären und würde mich freuen wenn sie eines tages umgesetzt wird.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. With Add-Ons like BTTV or FFZ or software like chatterino mod actions can be seen in chat, sometimes it can be very tiring if you make certain decisions and viewers call you out for it assuming it was you.

Also it would be cool if you could edit commands without it being seen in chat ( there used to be a feature like this with nightbot where you put a "." !editcom <command> without it being shown in chat, if anybody knows if this still works please tell me) I can see this being nightbots / streamelements part but maybe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For quite some time, I've been a mod of a channel that has been receiving harassment from people, they arrive with fake accounts (wich nicknames are obviously written to disturb the chat) and follow the channel for their name to be noticed, and it's no use to ban these accounts if they keep coming with new fresh-made fake/bot accounts.

If they are banned they can keep watching the stream and follow the channel which is kind of useless. A way to prevent these people to return needs to be worked.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. Why not have all available mod actions on the mod view? Or does that make too much sense?
    Mods have to exit mod view to clear chat which a mod action.
    To avoid accidents the "Clear Chat" option could be placed in the menu above.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Users can be banned for plenty of reasons, so them having a way to appeal their ban is completely reasonable. However, if I have both banned and blocked a user, that's very deliberate, and I never want to see them again. That user should not be able to harass me by sending me an unban request.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. So far every single unban request I've gotten so far has been something fairly toxic (a vague insult, a racial slur, etc). I don't want to deny these requests, because doing so will notify the user and I don't really want them to know that I even looked at their request. But I also don't want them to just sit there forever, the more toxic requests there are the less I actually want to look at the thing at all, which eventually will pretty much completely defeat the point of having unban requests in the first place.

I'd like to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Looking that most of the times can happen that arrives foreign spect, setting a main language of the channel(for example italian), the mod view could be integrated the chance to translate the message, example english, chinese, japanese, russian or others ensure that to delete offensive messages received.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save mod settings to our account instead of using cookies so we may clean our browsers history daily for security proposes with out having to rearrange mod view every time we visit a channel we mod or daily per channel in this case. Thx.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need to be able to arrange users in chat by account creation date, user name ect. Thx.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After a certain amount of time (seems random at this point), certain heavily used emotes will disappear out of the channel emotes section.

The only way I know how to fix it is to refresh the entire page. Obviously being a mod I could miss bad actors, so I end up duplicating the tab to be safe.

I know this bug affects other moderators as well, so it isn't just limited to my system.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  16. I am a moderator in twitch chat and this feedback is in regard to the recent feature that you added to the website that allows people to submit requests to be unbanned.
    A feature that I believe should be added is a cool down period of 2 to 4 weeks in which the person who is banned is not allowed to submit an unban request. As it stands currently users who are banned can submit a request to be unbanned almost immediately and it feels like the band punishment is not as severe as it used to be for that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I moderate two twitch channels while I play along side the streamers that I moderate for and the community that I moderate. I use my android tablet to keep twitch chat open so I don't have to stop being a moderator while I'm full screen in game (I only have one monitor). It would be a massive help if there was a way to have the chat fill up the whole screen on my tablet instead of just a small portion, maybe with full mod mode features if possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. While setting up my "permitted terms and phrases" I didn't click "private" when saving and my private information was sitting in the mod action panel with no way (or advice) to fix it. I wish there was a way I could have cleared that one specific action so none of my mods could see the private information I was trying to block.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I see how the unban request option can be helpful, especially in the situation of accidental bans/misunderstandings, but many bans that are carried out are intentional and for outright hateful behavior, and the unban requests associated with those are usually filled with more hateful speech that mods and streamers shouldn't be exposed to.
    It would be very helpful to have an option when banning to say "this was intentional and we don't need any further contact with this user"

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. This was actually our first idea too, but it’s been difficult to think of a way to do it without making the Ban flow too complicated, especially for Mods who are currently using the Mod Action buttons next to messages to Ban.

20. Sometimes streamers just want to "restart" their career. Clear Mod Actions history for him and his mods is a good way to forget old people that got banned, or doesn't want their mods to see the old bans and other actions that can be unconfortable for them.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?