Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Certain channel-specific actions and stats are shown in Stream Manager and not Mod View which could be helpful to consolidate down to one location. Adding the option to see a live Viewer Count and Follower Count for instance such as in Stream Manager mode or having channel Quick Actions be brought over to Mod View for editors could save a lot of frustration when switching between the tabs to run ad breaks or organize raids at the end of stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. If some editor, broadcaster or bot changes title and/or game, it is not updated in Moderator Panel. You always need an F5. Also if updated offline (when broadcaster prepares the stream and you have the Panel opened before it starts).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A widget in the modview to see all timeouts that are currently active in the channel you are moderating, so you can keep an eye out for timeouts that are about to run out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There should be the ability for broadcasters to edit moderation history. Private blocked terms should not be visible to mods once the broadcaster unblocks them and there should be a way to delete or edit previous logs in mod history for the security and safety of the streamer. I have seen many other streamers with this problem who are now afraid to take on new mods because of the access they could potentially have to private information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Save mod settings to our account instead of using cookies so we may clean our browsers history daily for security proposes with out having to rearrange mod view every time we visit a channel we mod or daily per channel in this case. Thx.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. After a certain amount of time (seems random at this point), certain heavily used emotes will disappear out of the channel emotes section.

The only way I know how to fix it is to refresh the entire page. Obviously being a mod I could miss bad actors, so I end up duplicating the tab to be safe.

I know this bug affects other moderators as well, so it isn't just limited to my system.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. As title says, on a large 4k monitor the default font size can be just a little bit too small. Having the same options as chat font scaling would fix this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When there are multiple mods on a channel and some of them attempt to timeout the same person via the user profile info box at the same time, what tends to happen is the mods will timeout the user and untimeout them immediately after. When the user is in timeout, the untimeout button appears exactly where the "10s" "1m" "10m" "30m" timeout buttons used to be. It would be very helpful if the untimeout button did not appear where the timeout buttons used to be. Maybe even add a 1-2 second delay on how fast someone can time the same…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be fantastic to get some additional controls for the Unban Request system including:
    -Timeouts (x submissions in x time - to override the 1 max by the system)
    -Minimum ban time to submit ban appeal (if we just banned them we should be able to avoid them submitting a request a minute later - they'll use their one unban request up by doing this)
    -Enable/Disable
    -Ability to add notes/instructions for users

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Looking that most of the times can happen that arrives foreign spect, setting a main language of the channel(for example italian), the mod view could be integrated the chance to translate the message, example english, chinese, japanese, russian or others ensure that to delete offensive messages received.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it possible to watch "Log" - "Chat history" by the channel moderator to find out who, what, when wrote in the chat in a certain situation. Also so that you can download this file in .txt format or any other format convenient for you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi there! Recently with TLOU2 trolling being a huge issue on Twitch, many troll accounts are spamming channel point redeems with trolly usernames in order to avoid having their messages deleted and getting themselves timed out immediately as you would be able to with normal chat messages. Someone could for example say something offensive using the "highlight my message" redeemable and mods would not be able to act as fast. The shortcut buttons for ban, timeout and delete should also be available next to channel point redeems so action can be taken faster if the user's username or message is…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding the last message sent before a timeout to the mod view similar to the deleted message. Lets mods see what was said and how to handle future timeouts should that individual repeat the actions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I moderate two twitch channels while I play along side the streamers that I moderate for and the community that I moderate. I use my android tablet to keep twitch chat open so I don't have to stop being a moderator while I'm full screen in game (I only have one monitor). It would be a massive help if there was a way to have the chat fill up the whole screen on my tablet instead of just a small portion, maybe with full mod mode features if possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ich bin Moderator in einigen Streams und mir ist es leider schon oft passiert, dass wenn ich eine Nachricht löschen oder den User timeouten wollte, genau in dem Moment der Chat eine weitere Zeile nach oben rutscht und ich den falschen User erwische und ich diesen zu unrecht bestrafe.
    Wie wäre es wenn man als Moderator über den chat hovered, und der Chat dann stoppt/freezed damit das Problem nicht mehr auftaucht.

Ich hoffe ich konnte meine Idee gut erklären und würde mich freuen wenn sie eines tages umgesetzt wird.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The list of users in chat is really helpful while also being able to see the chat open at the same time, but people come in, watch, talk, leave, and sometimes their name never appears in the viewer list. Sometimes it does appear but after they've been chatting about 10 minutes. This is not helpful if trolls are returning to make your life difficult. The list becomes invalid.

Please increase the refresh rate of this list.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When mod view was first released, raids did not pull a moderator out of mod view.

While the user could choose to leave the raid, it may be best if the default behaviour was to not leave the current channel when a raid occurs while the user has mod view up as a moderator for the channel.

By carrying the moderator away with the raid, they lose chat and history from closing mod view, as well as any actions they had not completed. As mod view does not retain much information asynchronously (this has improved a bit), being pulled out…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Just like the popout one but dock able like the other panels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It can be awkward if you add a blocked term that is offensive or some ascii art then it stays in the mod actions log for days. It would be nice to hide the term and perhaps click to reveal/hide again. Not to mention the looks you get when someone looks at your screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I think it would be nice if there was a way to have a log (or even just a count) of how many users you have banned (as a moderator in a channel)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?