Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

109 results found

1. We should be able to customize the

"Enter a reason for your unban" message and "help hints"

Example use case: a channel would describe what they expect the user to do in the field in order to apply for a unban correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. Streamers and Mods should be required to allow at least two communications with chat banned users seeking an explanation for the ban/seeking to be reinstated. The only exception to this would be if a mod or streamer feels another request for lifting the ban should be allowed. Failure to communicate with the banned user should result in loss of Affiliate or Partner status because they failed to represent what Twitch is, how chat bans work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Timeline so can go back to other parts of stream to clip if missed it

Regards,
    System_Pwned

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am a moderator in twitch chat and this feedback is in regard to the recent feature that you added to the website that allows people to submit requests to be unbanned.
    A feature that I believe should be added is a cool down period of 2 to 4 weeks in which the person who is banned is not allowed to submit an unban request. As it stands currently users who are banned can submit a request to be unbanned almost immediately and it feels like the band punishment is not as severe as it used to be for that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As a mod there have been times where I have banned someone and then later wanted to unban them, however I sometimes forget the username of the user I ban. There should be a channel setting where you can go to and see the list of everyone who's currently banned at the stream, which would make it easier to find the person I'm looking for and unban them

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice in the new mod view to be able to search through the comments posted in chat by username. Best I could compare it to would be like cbenni, where you could type in someone's name and it would bring up their messages. This would be handy that rather than scrolling through chat, say for example if someone comments about someone else's message that they think is against the rules or starts a fight, you can quickly find it through a search.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently, the mod view of a user exposes bans and timeouts specific to the channel. Expose bans and timeouts across all of Twitch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. Currently, the only way to view people banned from the channel is the channel settings. I think it would be very useful to have some kind of moderator dashboard which displays it as well.

Each entry on the ban list should include: date, current username, mod who performed the action and a space for adding the reason of the ban (editable by the mod and channel editors). It could also be useful if the entry listed up to 5 recent messages by that person posted before getting banned.
    The list itself should be searchable by username.
    When a user gets…

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)