Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

204 results found

1. For the first enablement of shield mode by a moderator there should be a brief warning pop up of exactly what it does. There is a bit of a bubble that almost advertises it as press this button and can cause infrequent mods to accidentally enable shield mode. You should also be able to disable shield mode with the same button, not with a switch on the screen that pops up.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Reporting messages by the community would work on the principle that next to the message or in the user's profile from the streamer's side, there will be a button from reporting the user (anonymously or with the name visible) to moderation of the channel. The streamer's moderators will decide whether to apply the appropriate punishment or possibly report the user's message to twitch

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We need a tool to hide "Follow" commands. cause we've been facing too many follow bot raids. Can you PLEASE help?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. The Shared Ban list warning should apply for all incoming messages, not just the first-time chat.

Example scenario: A user chats in my stream, doesn't say anything ban-worthy, e.g. "Hello." They say something to get banned by someone who I've shared ban lists with. I want to know that they've been banned but the current implementation will not share that information.

The current implementation makes it quite easy for a bad actor to evade these warnings. Also, it's unlikely that people will open with something offensive unless they truly are trolling.

For this feature to truly be valuable, we need…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When someone is reported for whatever conduct they are reported for Twitch, staff should have a way to see all the accounts chat logs for other streams and handle accordingly. Since Mods have chat logs within streams I would expect something similar that can flag their comments in all streams when banned as their chat logs are still active even when banned and it'll be easier to compile if needed to report to said agencies. I mention this as when I have reported over hundred pedophiles on Twitch trying to groom and exploit kids, you see their comments in a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have been banned for having an opinion, the mod that banned me probably had a bad day and decided to ban me for having an opinion on something. I used to watch this streamer everyday until i expressed my opinion on something that the mod disagrees with and i got permanently banned. also the mods on this channel never do unban requests, nor does the streamer (its a pretty big streamer) so im stuck in this place where im banned and no one does the unban requests.

I just think mods shouldn’t have the power to permanently ban someone…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As both a streamer and a mod for many channels, I would love the ability to expand the filtering of "Users in Chat" beyond just searching by name.

I'd like to example filter by Account Age (to help find bot accounts or trolls), filter by length of time following a channel, filter by subscriber tier, etc.

This would be very very useful, especially when trying to find suspicious accounts, ban evaders, bots, etc, for larger channels that have endless lists of viewers.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When clicking to view a users chat history, add an option to view the messages within the context of the chat/stream (for example: an option to show 10 lines before and after the message in question). Sometimes people say things that look bad out of context, allowing mods to see what everyone else was saying may help clear up misunderstandings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Inserts a feature which allows the streamer or other moderators to add trusted members of the community to be a moderator when a channel becomes busier than usual or no moderators are actively in chat. This would allow the streamer to further concentrate on their business, whilst not having to worry about a potential moderator overload when the channel is not busy (eg 8 mods to 5 viewers)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. where mods can change out emotes remove and give mod and vip and etc and add bots would be helpful for the larger streamers because you dont want to give someone full perms of your account but you do want them to have the perms you would trust them with or they need

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. editors should have the permission to turn of a stream if the broadcaster is to drunk and cant turn it of him/her self.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow mods and streamers to see previews nicknames from the viewers after they changed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. For some time now the Mod Action filters don't work correctly. For instance checking Timeout/Untimeouts does nothing. Clicking on Bans/unbans lists bans/unbans and all timeouts even though the timeouts/untimeout checkbox is NOT checked. Selecting message deletions does nothing too. These problems are happening while using the latest version of Firefox and Chrome and my fellow mods are reporting the same thing. This has been going on for months now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hello.

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/951706-moderation/suggestions/42550657-mobile-moderation

I know that this proposal takes a lot of points to fix moderation on mobile devices, but, with the new restricted chat messages per user, makes this feature useless if moderators can't see them as well. Meanwhile the app gets attention for improvement from the developers, at least, can fix this ASAP so moderators keep moderating.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Restrict an user in your chat using moderation tools
    2. The user sends a message

Current behavior:
    The message is shown only for moderators in web browser but not for mobile moderators

Expected behavior:
    The message must be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ana responded

Please disregard the More Info Needed – looks like there was additional information for reproduction steps that I could not see in our UI, sorry about this! Thank you.

17. I think twitch should add predefined ban reasons/categories (like homophobia, racism, harrasment, ...) that moderators could use. This feature could open to many moderation improvments that I detail below

More details :
    - Twitch could reserve ban categories Ids (like the 100 first ids) for common ban categories that every streamer can use
    - Other Ids could be reserved for other purposes (country related law, ...)
    - Other Ids (let's day IDs from 1000 and above) could allow streamers create custom reasons.
    - Moderators often use tools (FFZ, ...) that would help use this feature more efficiently

Other features that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. be able to ennter a date to see messages from that day as a mod

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. El Modo Escudo no funciona bien en Castellano ya que bloquea demasiadas palabras que no son insultos ni despectivas, sin sentido alguno, quien lo ha programado no conoce nuestro idioma y por ende los moderadores o el streamer pasa más tiempo readmitiendo gente que haciendo directo.

Además hay que entender que en el Castellano sí se usan palabrotas de forma natural pero rara vez es a modo de insulto, siendo más un halago por ironía, comedia, humor o una dramatización; el contexto es importante y conocer la cultura del país también.

Por esto, insto a quien haya programado el Modo…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sometimes, it is better to timeout more than 2 weeks to avoid making unban request and to auto-unban after a certain period.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?