Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

197 results found

1. Allow creators to force a timed-out user to watch a short video explaining why they have been timed-out to return the chat/stream.

It happens sometime that user are misconducting not-necesserly on-purpose, and they may feel a ban or timeout unjustified. Neither creators or moderators have time to explain everytime what is wrong with such misconduct, and it can create a lot of frustration on both side.

Ban and timeout lack sometime of context, and in the same time, a timed-out user who has intentionally misconduct may just want to continue to harass, so they would have to come back again…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. I share ban list with another account, I banned an account prior to the ability of being able to share bans. I recently unbanned that account but it's still reporting it being banned in my shared ban list to other accounts but it's not banned in my account. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Here's the link showing it's banned
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037406389594767410/unknown.png

link showing it's not banned in my channel
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403865185779753/unknown.png

what I see when in a channel I share a ban list with:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403301060296805/unknown.png

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. Presently, when timing out a user in chat, whether it be via a chat command, the value picked is the value set, with no way to increment or decrement it without setting the new value yourself. Instead, could moderators and streamers have the option to use + and - in the timeout commands to adjust timeout lengths?

For example, a moderator times out user123 via chat by doing /timeout user123 600. They later decide to shave two minutes off the timeout, but we are forced to guess what the new number would be. Instead, perhaps we can also have an…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello everyone, today I come to propose an idea of ​​a tool that will help when moderating a chat and communicating between the moderators of a chat.
    The idea consists of a command that when entering it in the chat, there will be another chat but hidden, similar to how / poll works. To which only the moderators and the streamer will have access, this would be very useful for communication between the moderators and in support of the new tools recently included in the platform, such as the "Suspicious User"
    This would allow any questions the moderators have to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I help manage various Twitch streamers ( https://i.imgur.com/b0XlJ4h.png ). The suggestion is necessary as the reason given is vague to the point of not possibly identifiable. The timestamp given ( https://i.imgur.com/17kt1sC.png ) is the start of a 9 hour stream, not a point during it, so the possible examples given;
    - Slur based on ethnicity ( they're both white )
    - Asserting mentally inferiority due to gender ( they're both trans-women )
    - Claiming that another person s a danger to society because of their religion ( possible religious affiliations never came up )

I, the content creator, and the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently, in the new unban request system, the denial note is shown to the user and cannot be private, add the ability to keep the single note private, or have two note sections.

Having a "template" for the public note as well would be nice, as I imagine some streamers will include a note for an external unban request form since this system is limited to 1 request at the time of writing this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I open a user's card from the chat, and can see that they've been banned or timed out, each occurrence has a timestamp on it. Make the instance clickable, and have it zoom to that time index in the message log, even if it was month's ago, so I can get context on what they were banned or timed out for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Es wäre hilfreich, im e-Fall auch etwas gegen Follow-Botting unternehmen zu können. Z.b. um alle infrage kommenden "Follower" Gesammelt entfernen zu können Bzw zu melden und nicht jeden einzelnen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. the streamer should be the only one that can accept or deny unban request cause the stream could mod someone that a person that that they dont like and ban and deny the unban request behind the streamer back when they are not paying attention and that could make the streamer look bad and the streamer can complain to u about it so mods shouldnt be able to accept or deny unban request and also it can make the viewer upset as well too cause he be thinking he or she did something wrong please remove that from mods thank…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shared-bans feature need more infos !

Actualy we only have the state that somone is banned from an other stream.
    We have to go ask the mods of the stream in question each time why he was banned to decide if we also ban him or if we remove the chat restriction.

We can't just ban them because they are banished elsewhere. If we can't note the reason in the moderator comment, they have every chance of being unbanned if they make a deban request because we don't even know the reason. While it may be for very good reasons

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reporting messages by the community would work on the principle that next to the message or in the user's profile from the streamer's side, there will be a button from reporting the user (anonymously or with the name visible) to moderation of the channel. The streamer's moderators will decide whether to apply the appropriate punishment or possibly report the user's message to twitch

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need a tool to hide "Follow" commands. cause we've been facing too many follow bot raids. Can you PLEASE help?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When someone is reported for whatever conduct they are reported for Twitch, staff should have a way to see all the accounts chat logs for other streams and handle accordingly. Since Mods have chat logs within streams I would expect something similar that can flag their comments in all streams when banned as their chat logs are still active even when banned and it'll be easier to compile if needed to report to said agencies. I mention this as when I have reported over hundred pedophiles on Twitch trying to groom and exploit kids, you see their comments in a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have been banned for having an opinion, the mod that banned me probably had a bad day and decided to ban me for having an opinion on something. I used to watch this streamer everyday until i expressed my opinion on something that the mod disagrees with and i got permanently banned. also the mods on this channel never do unban requests, nor does the streamer (its a pretty big streamer) so im stuck in this place where im banned and no one does the unban requests.

I just think mods shouldn’t have the power to permanently ban someone…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As both a streamer and a mod for many channels, I would love the ability to expand the filtering of "Users in Chat" beyond just searching by name.

I'd like to example filter by Account Age (to help find bot accounts or trolls), filter by length of time following a channel, filter by subscriber tier, etc.

This would be very very useful, especially when trying to find suspicious accounts, ban evaders, bots, etc, for larger channels that have endless lists of viewers.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. mods should have a bell that they can ring it so the streamer can hear it to read chat if the mods want to tell the streamer something important, like if the streamer is muted or the cam not working.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When clicking to view a users chat history, add an option to view the messages within the context of the chat/stream (for example: an option to show 10 lines before and after the message in question). Sometimes people say things that look bad out of context, allowing mods to see what everyone else was saying may help clear up misunderstandings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. With the mod icons it's far too easy to hit the wrong user as chat scrolls. For deleted messages and timeouts this is a pain, but for bans it pretty much boots the user, so there should be a confirmation prompt.

Other ban methods aren't as prone to going wrong so don't need a prompt.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. Inserts a feature which allows the streamer or other moderators to add trusted members of the community to be a moderator when a channel becomes busier than usual or no moderators are actively in chat. This would allow the streamer to further concentrate on their business, whilst not having to worry about a potential moderator overload when the channel is not busy (eg 8 mods to 5 viewers)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Replicate the "Blocked List" commonly used by Twitter. This can be implemented by modifying how the banned button works. Here is a simplified breakdown:

1. Upgrade banned button to not instantly ban, but bring up a radial list with reason for banning. This would cut down on accidental mod missclick and add more weight to banning. Reasons can be something like "Racist/Homophobic remarks, Threating, or Other with a text box."

2. Log the number of bans per option with account. After 3x strikes user is added to a list associated with the banned reason and notified via email. Notification is important so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?