Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

612 results found

1. Follower Emotes upon Follow would mean you will get 500 emotes for following 100 channels. That's quite a lot of emotes.

It would be less overwhelming to create a small requirement that would unlock permanent Follower Emotes for free (using Channels points or after watching the stream for x amount of time for instance). Though this wouldn't be "Follower Emote" but more like "Loyalty Emote" at that point.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Surprised this doesn't seem to be suggested already, but the Founders Badge should be separate from the regular channel badges. A common theme in these suggestions is that the Founders Badge is covering up the regular badges, so it's really weird that Twitch doesn't just display both if they apply.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, Twitch subs can utilize their sub emotes on Discord via the integration sync however that feature is not available to Bit Tier Emotes.
    Make it so users that unlock the Bit tier emotes to unlock them on discord as well.
    Many prefer to utilize and show off Sub emotes on Discord as the emotes display at 32x32p instead of the 28x28p that Twitch uses.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to see a queue number after submitting an emote for approval than just the word pending. I think more streamers would appreciate knowing where their approval is in line than wondering how much longer until I can use my emote.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sometimes we want both badges to appear (founder and subscriber badge). It could be nice if both can appear at the same time and specifically if founder looks like a flair on the main subscriber badge.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To better support artists and accredit their talents among the Twitch community, we’ve released two new features: Emote Attribution and the Artist Badge. Emote Attribution lets you credit the artists responsible for creating your emotes so they can feel the love wherever their emotes appear across Twitch. The Artist Badge lets you celebrate those who contributed artwork to your community with a special new chat badge.

You can get all the details on our Help page here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/artist-badge-attribution

We’re excited to share both of these features with the community, but they’re just the first steps to better connect creators and…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give the viewer a bonus for sticking to a stream from start to finish. Reward them for watching the entire stream, even if they are lurking. This not only helps the viewer get emotes, it really helps affiliates like me who are basically stuck forever and never reaching partnership on twitch.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Light and Dark mode are native features to Twitch but certain colours or designs don't translate well to both palettes unless you add a stroke, drop shadow or some kind of accenting design around the icon.

At 18x18 pixels that's a lot of real estate to lose at such a small scale..

My proposal is simple. Allow people to upload altered versions of sub icons that display well in Dark Mode.

I currently have a design I like but it can't work in both modes. If I were able to upload one with white portions and the other with black…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. the follower emotes are not showing on the Twitch mobile app

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've noticed over my past while on twitch that there are pride emotes which is awesome. but ive noticed there is one missing, the gay one. the rainbow flag is now more used as a general lgbtq flag. there is a flag specifically for gay people which i feel should be added. here is a link to the flag https://imgur.com/a/SecDilX

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having the ability to unlock past pride emotes by watching someone in the LGBTQIA+ tag. Show your pride! Pride doesn't stop when the month is over it is a part of us.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I’m kind of surprised following the recent rollout of the emote library that there is no way to rename an emote once it’s been uploaded.

Surely a large part of the point of this being implemented was so if someone had festive versions of their emotes for example, they could be uploaded (and where necessary approved) in advance and swapped with the normal version temporarily. As it stands the emote library just provides a quick way to move emotes between sub tiers or follower / bit emote slots

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch recently gave affiliates and partners more slots for animated emotes. However, one issue is that you cannot unlock animated emotes using channel points as a viewer. I know it would be hard to modify animated emotes, but we should at least be able to unlock them with channel points. This would give streamers like me the opportunity to reward our viewers for spending time in our streams.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It's kind of a bummer that you can't show T2 and T3 subsctiption flair on a founders badge. I would love to have some way to show it on the badge. The little triangle in the bottom right corner is empty anyway, maybe that could be filled with a small silver / gold triangle for T2 / T3.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think that it would be fun idea to give affiliates and partners the option to include gift sub emotes! It would be similar to bit emotes but after a certain amount of gift subs are given that gifter unlocks a new emote for that channel.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I wanted to make a suggestion about the menu on the left side of the screen with all the people I follow. If you added my current subscription badge next to the channel name, it would catch peoples attention more and make them more involved in the channels they subscribe to (or got gifted subs). There have been many times that I even forgot that I had a subscription to a certain channel.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. twitch should let you pick your subscriber badge from any of the tiers you earned previously. like if you are a 1 month sub and they have a 1 month 3 month 6 month 1 year icon you should be able to pick any of them and not just be limited to the 1 month icon

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For one reason or another, we as users end up leaving streaming communities. Sometimes it's because the communities are toxic. Seeing the unlocked emotes in the user library can stir up negative feelings, or even trauma sometimes.

We understand that we donated money to the community and unlocked the emotes as a result, but it would be really nice to have the option to remove them from our libraries. This is a way for us as users to be more proactive in protecting ourselves and to maintain our mental health.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is a certain emote that been very popular on Twitch with help of unofficial browser extensions and different sub emotes, people usually refer to it as AYAYA. It comes from 2013 anime Kin-iro Mosaic (きんいろモザイク) made by Studio Gokumi. So i think it would be great for community if Twitch would be able to get in touch with copyright-holders of this anime and get AYAYA emote to be official among other default Twitch chat emotes!

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you click on someone's name in chat or visit their profile, there should be a section for showing all of the different sub badges that person has. Then, each one should be clickable and link to the streamer's channel.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Channel Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?