Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

622 results found

1. Describe more clearly that for example the Emote Chat and other modes are timely restricted functions for moderation and nobody should use it to abuse its viewers. It's not helpful for anyone to use a follower-only chat to grow a channel or use emote-only chat to be a lazy mod, channel owner, or have no mod in the chat at all.
    The best way would be to communicate more clearly what the functionality of those modes is for OR restrict the general use to 600 seconds.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think using emoji in stream titles is a great way of standing out, and would love to take that a step further and show off my channel's emotes within my stream title and go live notification. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a sustained 5 tier 2 subscribers for a decent period - I would like to reward them with a personalised emote for subbing at that tier - however if I then gain 6 tier 2 subscribers I would have an issue that the slots don't encourage a further subscriber. Could we have additional emote slots added per person that subscribes at that tier?

Eg: I get 9 tier 2 subbers I would get 10 tier 2 emote slots (to encourage a further subscriber each time) and so on - 20 Tier 2 subbers gets 21 slots etc.

Personally…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As title suggests, others can use my channel's emotes, but if I try and use it, it only comes out as text. It's not just my perspective either; other users see in chat the name of the emote, not the actual emote "e.g. 'itsnuc2FlowerSpin' instead of the animated emote" ... very odd bug!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it possible for us to unequip a founder badge for certain channels. It is very awkward to have to go to your privacy settings if you want your founder badge off. In certain channels I want to show my founder badge to show how long I've been supporting someone. In others I want to keep it to show that I was one of the first viewers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When you see "Follower Emote uploads are currently disabled on your account", it should say why. It is a worrisome message and it says to learn why, click here, but if it's as simple as "you've only streamed 59/60 times" or something, it would be great if it just said the reason.

Currently it says "Find out how to regain access" as if I were being punished but I don't believe I've ever had access to them before. I don't remember seeing this scary warning situation in the past, so either something went wrong for me or the page has…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The longer a broadcaster streams, chances are that the founder badge loses its meaning. It's likely that your first subs aren't there as often now, so the chance of seeing that badge is less. This affects affiliates more since they can only have 10 founders. Think about an affiliate that has been streaming for a few years. What's the chance that their first 10 subs are still there and active in chat? It's very likely that only a couple of them are active, if any.

I propose that a new badge is created for active chatters, reviewed automatically every quarter…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to distance yourself from, and be assured that, you can no longer be seen by streamers you may hold a founder entitlement to, could be very important for a lot of people with bad experiences.

Please give the option for people to remove themselves from the new founder badge holder list - this will also free up a slot for that streamer. A win/win.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I and many others use a large number of emotes to hype streams. I am subbed to a lot of streams and it makes it tedious to scroll between subscribers to create an artistic message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If you have 100 vip on channels with "check mark'', you receive universal Gold VIP sign (colored gold instead of pink)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since affiliate follow-emotes have come live, I've noticed several streamers are unable to use the new features due to suspensions 3 or 5 or more years old. So much so that some streamers can't even recall being suspended, or the reason for suspension, while maintaining a spotless record since then while consistently streaming for years, maintaining long term subscriptions and teams.

Despite otherwise fulfilling all the requirements for "Instant Upload Eligibility Requirements", they remain locked out of these new features, taunted by a link reading "find out how to regain access", with no further support, as they already meet said…

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Follower Emotes are some of the most used emotes in the channel and are sort of a bonding glue, and it's a major emotional disconnect to not be able to whisper these emotes in messages to fans.

Streamers should be able to use their own Follower Emotes. Beyond that, allowing followers or subscribers to whisper the streamer back using those same emotes would be amazing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right now, we can only search for emotes by name, but so many emotes have nonsensical names that make them hard to find. For example, if I wanted to search for the FrankerZ emote but didn't know the name, and all I knew is that it was a dog emote, I would never find it. If that emote had "dog" as an additional context tag, however, I could discover it by searching for "dog". If creators could add searchable context tags to their emotes, it would be a lot easier to find them with a quick search.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Emotes are a key part of twitch, to the point that you can often convey more with just a certain emote than with a message.

Many people would love to see emotes displayed in the maximum size in chat.
    I'm guessing there are probably some limitations in in-line emote display tied to text pixels or something (either for practical reasons or esthetic reasons)...
    ...but some platforms have a solution for this, and I'm hoping it can be implemented on twitch.

In Discord, in-line emotes are displayed small, similar to Twitch, however, when ONLY emotes are used, they are displayed at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Follower emotes are a great idea, however, currently they hold no real value. A lot of streamers use BTTV/FFZ and have 50 or more emotes for anyone to use in their own chat.
    However, rewarding followers that actually come back to your stream a lot would be great! Perhaps it would be possible to give people access to follower emotes in other channels if they spend at least X amount of hrs or X% of a streamer's typical streamtime in their stream (per week or month or whatever).

It rewards coming back, but doesn't take away too much fire away…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As it was reported in the Discord API thread here -> https://github.com/discord/discord-api-docs/issues/3139

A limitation in the Twitch's side of the integration produces that animated emotes are synced as static, losing the intended effect. Discord provides support to animated emotes and Twitch was expected to make use of this feature.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow us the peeps to purchase collectable icons like happy birthday ect and have them come out monthly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think there should be more badges for the streamer to give out in chat like the vip badge for example something to show long time followers and subs, a badge for people who donate a lot, a longest lasting sub badge

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think this would be a good idea! I have seen recently the animated emotes have been added to iOS which is amazing. getting the bttv would help even more as loads of people don’t have computer/pc so having it on there phone helps interact with the rest of chat..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Last month twitch gave all affiliates 5 emotes slots, which is awesome!! However, when they gave these 5 emote slot out, I noticed the loss of the progression bar on the bottom the subscriber emote section. In the past when an affiliate would get 50 sub points twitch would an additional emote, then 65 sub points another emote... so forth and so on... I recently reached 71 sub points and I would love to give my community more subscriber emotes but I am limited now with out the tier progress bar. I think this is a great incentive for an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?